amsterplan

COPY AND PASTE TAGS FORM ONE NOTE TO OTHER NOTES

Idea

I find very often that lots of new notes in a notebook will use the same tags as the first note in the notebook... It would be so fast and easy to be able to copy the tags from the first note and paste (or share) the tags to the new notes as they are created and added to the folder.

Please add this feature!

3 replies to this idea

Not clear on the definition of "the first note".

Until this is implemented, you might want to look into using templates that include the tags.

23 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Not clear on the definition of "the first note".

Until this is implemented, you might want to look into using templates that include the tags.

I simply mean that it would be very useful to be able copy & paste tags from one note to other notes. Whether or not they are in a notebook for that matter. I often want the same tags for many notes, especially several notes within a notebook.

I searched the help & learning for templates but don't see anything relevant. Is that a feature for a Business user? I have a premium account.

10 hours ago, amsterplan said:

I searched the help & learning for templates but don't see anything relevant. Is that a feature for a Business user? I have a premium account.

Templates are just notes that you duplicate as needed. Tags go along when you duplicate (make a copy in the current notebook) or copy (make a copy in a different notebook) a note. A web search on "evernote note templates" will yield a number of hits. E.g., https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/210176028-How-to-Save-time-with-templates