stolen phone with google authenticator

Go to solution Solved by Reuven,

to access my evernote I needs 2 step verification but phone got stolen. How to access my Evernote and avoiding that the bthiefs delete all my content? To access my Evernote, I need 2-step verification, but my phone was stolen. How can I access my Evernote without letting the thieves delete all my content?

Use the emergency codes that you hopefully wrote down and saved when you set up the authenticator.  Otherwise I suspect it may be that you need Evernote support.

Vinnie

I read the article and reached out to support, but I've been waiting for days, which is quite incredible given the sensitivity of the subject.

• Level 5

Support is quite inundated - we as other users can't really help you with this. We can just ask you to be patient, or use the ticket list on the help pages (requires a login) to look after the ticket.

For the future these steps can make sure your account is safe:

• Store the 2FA codes safely and where you can access them, for use whenever the dynamic code is not available
  • Make sure your phone is safe, using the different locking options and biometrics. You can in addition set up these measures for the EN account as well if you wish (Remark: I personally don't use it)
  • Use an Authenticator that can be use on several devices, not only on a single one. I personally use Authy as independent authenticator app, synced over several devices.
1 hour ago, pansovic said:

I read the article and reached out to support, but I've been waiting for days, which is quite incredible given the sensitivity of the subject.

Unfortunately, there is no support. It doesn't matter how critical your problem is.

This is a HUGE issue, which doesn't seem to bother a lot of folks on these forums. You are paying for this product. You should get support. Especially in a critical situation like this (but, I would argue, in any situation, given the price we're paying).

I hope you find a solution to your problem!

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, kkarney said:

Unfortunately, there is no support. It doesn't matter how critical your problem is.

This is a HUGE issue, which doesn't seem to bother a lot of folks on these forums. You are paying for this product. You should get support. Especially in a critical situation like this (but, I would argue, in any situation, given the price we're paying).

I hope you find a solution to your problem!

I totally agree. It's really unacceptable to experience this level of support, but here we are again, on the forum, complaining to each other about Evernote.

• Like 2