Evernote Calendar

A few updates back, my Google Calendar link stopped working, and I submitted a Ticket to support. This morning, when I logged on, I got a splash screen saying I could Try the New Evernote Calendar. I was able to create an event quickly. About two minutes later, my Google Calendar connected again and is now working normally. Has anyone else tried the new Evernote Calendar?

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, bmcl26 said:

Has anyone else tried the new Evernote Calendar?

Not yet tried - I only just discovered I have one too!  More later...

• Like 1

So, is this the direct calendar from Evernote themselves that Frederico recently mentioned on his blog post was in development?

It must be available to a select few on a random basis, I'm on 10.82.2 on Mac and don't see it.

10 minutes ago, Powerfab said:
It must be available to a select few on a random basis, I'm on 10.82.2 on Mac and don't see it.
When i got the splash Screen regarding it this morning I was on 10.83.4 Win but now on latest 10.83.5.

The tell tale of whether you have it or not look on the Calendar Widget on the Home Screen. if you have it you will have an additional tiny icon to the left of the icon that takes you back to today's date.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
20 minutes ago, Powerfab said:

So, is this the direct calendar from Evernote themselves that Frederico recently mentioned on his blog post was in development?

Yes, this is the soon-to-be-launched Evernote calendar. It is almost certainly on a limited trial or at least on a slow roll-out. I don't see it yet 10.83.5

This calendar is likely to only be of use to those who want a calendar inside Evernote but don't want to link to external calendars. I anticipate that it will, initially, be a desktop thing only. It may presage two-way links to other calendars.  We'll see.

Now cue all the posts asking why they haven't or when they will get this...

• Like 1

I'm quite interested in using it for daily blocking. I have a booking calendar plugged into Google calendar so can't do away with that and it looks for spare time tlso clients can book meetings.

I'm interested in using this to block time each day for specific jobs in between the Google calendar stuff. Maybe help me focus time a little more. 

• Like 2

I tried it, too. It works fine, afaics.

It is however, pretty much useless for me as of now, since it has a day view only. All my planning must be done in at least week view, often in month view.

Perhaps EN adds those views later.

• Level 5

I may or may not have seen a splash, but I've got in in 10.82.2 Windows desktop and 10.83.4 Web. It shows events from my connected Google calendar, and in fact allows me to select which of several calendars in my Google account are displayed. I can view details of existing events, but not create new ones. It also has buttons to connect other Google and Microsoft365 calendars. So, a start.

2 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I may or may not have seen a splash, but I've got in in 10.82.2 Windows desktop and 10.83.4 Web. It shows events from my connected Google calendar, and in fact allows me to select which of several calendars in my Google account are displayed. I can view details of existing events, but not create new ones. It also has buttons to connect other Google and Microsoft365 calendars. So, a start.

It was in the splash, easy to click away but 2 way is coming. Federico even hinted at it in his video. I'd expect soon as development has been fast lately.

I guess the time they spent last year on structural changes paid off.

• Like 1