Disable Updated Features message/notice

Is there a way to disable this (updated features) notice when opening up Evernote?

I've been getting it often in iOS (and have seen it on the desktop app recently) and I don't really care to (immediately) know what's been improved. 

This is on desktop and perhaps not the same thing, but I'm now seeing this notification bell near the top of my screen.

image.png.675c7194cc952e9350f90bf452cf64db.png

That's prime real estate and I expect to see notifications about my notes, such as reminders, not notifications or marketing messages EN wants to send me about the platform. Given EN's frantic pace of bugariffic releases--here's something new! oh wait, we broke something else, here's another version to fix that!-- I'm concerned that corner is turning into EN marketing central.

• Like 5
4 minutos atrás, thefryhole disse:

This is on desktop and perhaps not the same thing, but I'm now seeing this notification bell near the top of my screen.

This is the new notification area to notify you of new features launched. As far as I know there is no way to turn it off.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

They've been constantly launching new features. There is no way to disable this.

I would rather them continue making Evernote better personally.

Ah, I didn't realize it was either/or. Appreciate the update.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, thefryhole said:

Ah, I didn't realize it was either/or. Appreciate the update.

I think the intention is to highlight how they've improved the software. Most people would be happy with improvements, a small minority will be upset with the notification.

Personally I'd rather click away the patch notes and enjoy the improvements. I feel like there are bigger things to complain about than a note that they added some new features.

• Like 1

I'm okay with updates but when I have an idea in my head and I want to immediately jot it down in Evernote, these messages distract from the thought.

This is perhaps the same thing that happens with that "AI Edit" thing that pops up when you highlight within the editor. It just gets in the way of you achieving your goal. Like ads on a webpage...but at least ads are consistent and expected...these update messages are intermittent/random. 

It's like when you want to do something and then you are distracted, potentially causing you to totally forget what it was that you needed to do. Then you need to spend time to remember.

IMG_1257.PNG

• 5 weeks later...
  • I really hate the notifications. I agree with Thefryhole. They take up important screen space and are intrusive, but to make matters worse, clicking on one of the notifications often takes me to a website and away fromthe task I want to complete. And today, it took me to a video on YouTube which was preceded by an advert I could not dismiss. Please understand that this is anti-productive, not at all why I purchase a subscription to Evernote and have done since 2013.  To add insult to injury, even when I have reviewed a notification, it remains in a list of previous notifications. If you want to tell me about a new feature, but in the list of changes that shows up each time the program updates itself, send me an email, or put it in a regular note that I can delete easily once I've looked at it. But DON'T do it this way; it is intrusive and annoying, and it's one more thing that is pushing me away from Evernote towards one of the range of excellent alternatives that cost a lot less, or are free.
  • Like 2

I came to the forums to research ways to disable the EN promotional notifications, and found this thread. Absolutely agree with Alan Priest’s comment, as well as Thefryhole’s. For an app that’s supposed to assist its users with capturing ideas, thoughts, notes, etc. quickly and on-the-spot, these notifications are distracting—and being taken away from the app upon clicking one is just unbelievable.

I can appreciate EN’s efforts at improvements and new features (though, as a long time user I haven’t seen many that improved my workflow), but please use other, less distracting, methods to notify your users.

At the very least, how about letting us right-click on these notifications to “Mark As Read”?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Alan Priest said:

If you want to tell me about a new feature, put it in the list of changes that shows up each time the program updates itself, or send me an email, or put it in a regular note that I can delete easily once I've looked at it. But DON'T do it this way; it is intrusive and annoying

My point I that it is not the notifications per se, its the intusive and distracting way they are delivered.

15 minutes ago, Alan Priest said:

My point I that it is not the notifications per se, its the intusive and distracting way they are delivered.

I 100% agree with you on this. It's not the way a productivity tool should handle things.

I just want to go there, type in a note or look something up, then leave again. I don't want a bright red button telling me about marketing notifications that only go away once I click on them and look at a website.

This seriously makes me go wtf, been considering to cancel my subscription before but this is one of the last straws.

• Level 5

You update, you get the notification. It is when I expect it, and it is how I expect it. You stopped working anyhow because of the update, no workflow is interrupted by the notification itself.

You either read them or disregard and click them away.

Where exactly is the intrusion ?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You update, you get the notification.

I think we are  referring to different types of notification. The one that appears when a new version is  installed is fine, easily read and dismissed afterwards. I'm unhappy about the ones that appear if you click on the bell icon, top left (see TheFryHole's post March 29). Each one of these has to be reviewed one at a time.  Each one takes you away from the program into a browser and in at least one case, to a YouTube video preceded by an ad. This is neither a quick nor efficient way to communicate information. Ironic for a "productivity" app to do things this way IMHO. Yes, I want to be updated, but just not in this time consuming way.

• 2 months later...

Any news on this?

The 'new features' nag screens are driving me nuts.

When I quickly want to find a note or add something when Im on the go I get a nag screen at least weekly. Sometimes even followed by a preview of new features which make me need to get my reading glasses to figure out what is happening.

It is great that Evernote is adding all these improvements, but please please please make the nag screens optional. This is not productivity.

• Thanks 1