Disable Updated Features message/notice

Is there a way to disable this (updated features) notice when opening up Evernote?

I've been getting it often in iOS (and have seen it on the desktop app recently) and I don't really care to (immediately) know what's been improved. 

This is on desktop and perhaps not the same thing, but I'm now seeing this notification bell near the top of my screen.

image.png.675c7194cc952e9350f90bf452cf64db.png

That's prime real estate and I expect to see notifications about my notes, such as reminders, not notifications or marketing messages EN wants to send me about the platform. Given EN's frantic pace of bugariffic releases--here's something new! oh wait, we broke something else, here's another version to fix that!-- I'm concerned that corner is turning into EN marketing central.

• Like 2
4 minutos atrás, thefryhole disse:

This is on desktop and perhaps not the same thing, but I'm now seeing this notification bell near the top of my screen.

This is the new notification area to notify you of new features launched. As far as I know there is no way to turn it off.

18 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

They've been constantly launching new features. There is no way to disable this.

I would rather them continue making Evernote better personally.

Ah, I didn't realize it was either/or. Appreciate the update.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, thefryhole said:

Ah, I didn't realize it was either/or. Appreciate the update.

I think the intention is to highlight how they've improved the software. Most people would be happy with improvements, a small minority will be upset with the notification.

Personally I'd rather click away the patch notes and enjoy the improvements. I feel like there are bigger things to complain about than a note that they added some new features.

• Like 1

I'm okay with updates but when I have an idea in my head and I want to immediately jot it down in Evernote, these messages distract from the thought.

This is perhaps the same thing that happens with that "AI Edit" thing that pops up when you highlight within the editor. It just gets in the way of you achieving your goal. Like ads on a webpage...but at least ads are consistent and expected...these update messages are intermittent/random. 

It's like when you want to do something and then you are distracted, potentially causing you to totally forget what it was that you needed to do. Then you need to spend time to remember.

IMG_1257.PNG