Possible to get support from a human?

Apparently this is the only forum I can post in. Been trying to get help form a human at accounting/billing. But seems to be impossible. Was about to try out the teams plan but couldn't choose paypal as option. When messing about the account was stuck in limbo and now we cannot use it at all nor login. And, the only reply I get from support is autogenerated. Almost like EverNote dosn't want new customers. 🤔 Anyone has an email to some support person that is a real human?

Thanks

Support seems to be one of those things that EN/BS considers to be of importance to just 1% of users. In other words: no need to have it, waste of money.

• Like 1

Hi and thanks. I did send in a request and I got a robot reply. Not sure what the ticket number is though, maybe the one at the bottom? [P32ZVM-6LWPL]?  [P32ZVM-6LWPL][P32ZVM-6LWPL]

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Tejprulle said:

Hi and thanks. I did send in a request and I got a robot reply. Not sure what the ticket number is though, maybe the one at the bottom? [P32ZVM-6LWPL]?  [P32ZVM-6LWPL][P32ZVM-6LWPL]

Not that one unfortunately - you might find your ticket here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/ it should have a #<number> reference.

Short answer - no.

I haven't heard from an actual human since December 2023 (which was the first response to a ticket I opened in October). Their "we are restructuring support" notice has been up for a long time, and I think it's a blatant lie. Would love to be proved wrong.

They will send you a canned response that tells you to check these forums, where folks like gazumped and dave-in-decatur are doing their best to provide support and deflect the hatred. Absolutely no reflection on these users (who really are trying to help most of the time), but this is an unacceptable situation.

It is apparent that Bending Spoons just wants our money (and more of it, please). This may backfire on them, as so many folks are jumping ship, and (speaking for myself) those of us who used to recommend EN to others wholeheartedly may now advise others not to touch it with a ten foot pole.

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
44 minutes ago, Tejprulle said:

ah. yes. Thanks: #3841981

I flagged your ticket - hope it helps.  When you do get some feedback please post it back here - we could all do with some encouragement!

• Level 5

I did submit a request back in February for a problem in which filtering for tables doesn't find all of them. I worked through the robot response and in about a week heard from a human, who said it was being passed along to the developers. So, while not brilliant, it's better than many people found it to be for awhile. I guess the canned responses can guide people through some steps that are helpful to take, if they haven't already (and not everybody has), so that they weed out the things that don't need human interaction. But response time could still be a lot better.

• Like 1

Well non of this surprises me and I think I missed the part where they are in Italy - Interesting.

I've opened a ticket to see if they will respond about what happens to my data if I don't update from legacy in less than 2 weeks (there's a huge warning on my legacy) & I wanted to see what the prices will be for me & if I get the yearly discount if I try it for  month & then pay for the year after that. But maybe they will respond to me just b/c they want my money. What's going to happen when there's a tech issue? No response then either, or have several people already contacted them & they respond?

Does it bill out in USD, or it's converted from Italian currency?

I've been with EVN since 2014. I used to love this software & sing its praise & when you are compiling a library of the TRUTH so people can learn, it's very very important to have a safe fast & easy way to store & search for notes. It's stressful to see it being taken out by the evils, but this is what is going to happen all over the place (already has) in the next 1-2 years. Unless it's a micro or small company, & even then eventually it will be taken over.

This is what AI is all about PEOPLE. Of course there's more to all of this than just AI, but that's huge b/c they control EVERYTHING. And I'm NOT talking about the baby chatGPT they introduced to the world so you think there's nothing to be concerned about. The PUSH to do things with AI just in the last month (my inboxes on almost all email addys are flooded) is more evidence for anyone who is even remotely awake.

Why do you think you can't get a breathing HUMAN BEING ANYMORE??? And it's not just with EVN. They want to stop you from being around actual Natural Human Beings. 

It literally tracks EVERYTHING you say & has a file on you.

Which reminds me, I still have to upload that video of the AI geek who is warning everyone & he's not even AWAKE. He has no clue who's behind all of this & their plans, & even HE recognizes the danger with AI. I still have to contact him. Too much work fighting in this war, so little time. 

I've had nothing but problems with different vendors in the last year, although it technically started slowly in late 2022 & just ramped up in 2023. Vendors suddenly adding new different fees, raising prices not a little bit, but a lot, & yes I know the evils have created an economical meltdown (all pre-planned of course & this is all part of it), changing the interface so it's harder to navigate, still not giving customers what they want after 3-7 years & many people want that feature & they just ignore them, UW just changed the order of their decline freelancer dropdown menu after having it be the same for what, since 2006 or so??? HUGE problems on Amazon which I don't want to shop on, but have no choice. Never had those freaky problems before & the list goes on.

All of this wastes time & stressors out the user which is the POINT. CONTROL. 

This is all part of the digital prison people - WAKE UP!!!

I hope you guys get your money back. I'm more concerned about my data & the takeover (although I was concerned even before about my notes, but now it's worse) which is why I was looking to move, but there's nothing that has what I need & it's so simple. sigh 

Be well. I care about you which is why I fight for you & ALL of Humanity!

• Level 5

Sounds a bit overdone to me. 

A piece of outdated software is not allowed to access a cloud interface, with years, months and weeks of lead that it will be discontinued. That’s all.

Don’t like it, leave.

Nothing happens to your notes on the server. There are multiple ways to access them.

The rest is your view of the world. This has nothing to do with this forum. If your personal ghouls haunt you, get assistance.

• Like 3
  • Level 5
10 hours ago, RapidFinancialSolutions said:

I've opened a ticket to see if they will respond about what happens to my data if I don't update from legacy in less than 2 weeks (there's a huge warning on my legacy) & I wanted to see what the prices will be for me & if I get the yearly discount if I try it for  month & then pay for the year after that. But maybe they will respond to me just b/c they want my money. What's going to happen when there's a tech issue? No response then either, or have several people already contacted them & they respond?

Does it bill out in USD, or it's converted from Italian currency?

Some answers to your questions are in the blog post announcing the end of Legacy: https://evernote.com/blog/legacy-decommissioning. As for your data, that is safe on Evernote's servers, and can always be accessed through the Web client (https://www.evernote.com/client/web). Feature and price comparisons are here: https://evernote.com/compare-plans. I don't know whether you'll be offered a discount to move from Free to paid; honestly, trying it to see what happens and canceling if you don't like the way it's going might be the quickest way to find out. AFAIK, they bill in your local currency, so USD in the U.S.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Some answers to your questions are in the blog post announcing the end of Legacy: https://evernote.com/blog/legacy-decommissioning. As for your data, that is safe on Evernote's servers, and can always be accessed through the Web client (https://www.evernote.com/client/web). Feature and price comparisons are here: https://evernote.com/compare-plans. I don't know whether you'll be offered a discount to move from Free to paid; honestly, trying it to see what happens and canceling if you don't like the way it's going might be the quickest way to find out. AFAIK, they bill in your local currency, so USD in the U.S.

I got a response back from them, but nothing re: my last question & it took 3 emails just to get the person to read what I wrote, understand English & answer me.

I'm not paying $89/month. WOW. I read over & over again in the last several months here in another thread, that we get a discount. I guess that wasn't true. I'm a non profit & even if I was still working my former business, I wouldn't be able to afford that.

As far as my data, I mean that if I don't pay & since the free account only allows 1 notebook, what happens to my other 218 other notebooks.

Thank you for your help.

• Level 5

It is not 89$ a month, unless you are on a very cheap dollar (non US, somewhere).

It is in that region per year, without a rebate.

If you drop the subscription, you drop to free. As long as you are holding more than 50 notes and/or more than 1 notebook, you can’t create new notes, and can’t move existing ones.

You can view and edit your existing notes, within the limits of the free plan.

8 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

It is not 89$ a month, unless you are on a very cheap dollar (non US, somewhere).

It is in that region per year, without a rebate.

If you drop the subscription, you drop to free. As long as you are holding more than 50 notes and/or more than 1 notebook, you can’t create new notes, and can’t move existing ones.

You can view and edit your existing notes, within the limits of the free plan.

I'm outside the US right now, but I do want to know what the USD amount is & when I freaked about the cost, she didn't say it wasn't the right price. Per year that's doable, per month, NO WAY.

It doesn't even tell me what currency it's showing in, so I went incognito & same thing.

https://nimb.ws/ZATHbc3

I'm already on free. I never paid b/c there was nothing I needed in the pro plan. I don't need all the bells & whistles like searching in a PDF. .I'm not sure why that can't be done with ultra file search (great software & he's a nice dev), but maybe that's b/c a person needs to do Ctrl F or something instead of just finding the content within a file/PDF. I can do Ctrl F within a PDF.

I don't even need clipper. I tried using it once & I didn't like it nor need it.

When you say you can't move existing ones, where would I move them? You mean from one notebook to another?

What's a local note? She hasn't responded back yet to tell me.

Ok, so you are saying my notes will still be on the free plan, I just can't add more, & is that on desktop too, or just on web?

Thanks

34 minutes ago, RapidFinancialSolutions said:

I'm outside the US right now, but I do want to know what the USD amount is & when I freaked about the cost, she didn't say it wasn't the right price. Per year that's doable, per month, NO WAY.

It doesn't even tell me what currency it's showing in, so I went incognito & same thing.

https://nimb.ws/ZATHbc3

I'm already on free. I never paid b/c there was nothing I needed in the pro plan. I don't need all the bells & whistles like searching in a PDF. .I'm not sure why that can't be done with ultra file search (great software & he's a nice dev), but maybe that's b/c a person needs to do Ctrl F or something instead of just finding the content within a file/PDF. I can do Ctrl F within a PDF.

I don't even need clipper. I tried using it once & I didn't like it nor need it.

When you say you can't move existing ones, where would I move them? You mean from one notebook to another?

Ok, so you are saying my notes will still be on the free plan, I just can't add more, & is that on desktop too, or just on web?

Thanks

in 2 devices.... so PC + web.. or PC + mobile.... or Web+mobile...

4 hours ago, RapidFinancialSolutions said:

• Moving notes = moving them from the notebook they are in to a different one.
  • Local note = this is a legacy thing, where they're not stored on Evernote servers. Evernote moved away from this concept with Evernote 10 so that things are simplified (if the notes are in Evernote, they are in the cloud).
  • Free plan = You can log in with 2 of any combination of the following devices: Mac, PC, Web browser, iOS or Android.

While you're waiting on Support, I highly recommend this article with answers to a lot of these questions: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/23565231682323-Note-and-notebook-limits-in-Evernote-Free-December-2023

• Like 1

I actually not only got two actual human replies to a support ticket this week, they actually fixed the issue! (Outlook add-in wasn't working.)

I'm hoping against hope that this is a sign that they may actually be starting to look at support tickets. The quick reaction time to my latest one would indicate that this "backed up" excuse is a load of hooey. They've just been flat out ignoring us. Until now. Hopefully.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
2 hours ago, kkarney said:

I actually not only got two actual human replies to a support ticket this week, they actually fixed the issue! (Outlook add-in wasn't working.)

I'm hoping against hope that this is a sign that they may actually be starting to look at support tickets. The quick reaction time to my latest one would indicate that this "backed up" excuse is a load of hooey. They've just been flat out ignoring us. Until now. Hopefully.

Thanks for the good news! It could be, of course, that they were backed up and have finally gotten through most of it.

On 3/7/2024 at 9:31 AM, macfixer said:
  • Moving notes = moving them from the notebook they are in to a different one.
  • Local note = this is a legacy thing, where they're not stored on Evernote servers. Evernote moved away from this concept with Evernote 10 so that things are simplified (if the notes are in Evernote, they are in the cloud).
  • Free plan = You can log in with 2 of any combination of the following devices: Mac, PC, Web browser, iOS or Android.

While you're waiting on Support, I highly recommend this article with answers to a lot of these questions: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/23565231682323-Note-and-notebook-limits-in-Evernote-Free-December-2023

So I did finally get someone, then she NEVER told me that it's NOT $80/month so I asked for a manager. Had you guys not told me that that is NOT the price, I never would have known. I am ready to pay & they don't care. SMH

She's gatekeeping me now & ignoring my request (3 times) for a manager.

I love how these companies allow their staff to gatekeep.

Thanks

An update related to the first post in this thread. Actually got a reply from them yesterday. Not sure they can help yet though, their answer were mildly strange. 🫠

I am semi-retired living in a retirement community. I have been using Evernote for over 10 years to track information I use to support my community at no charge. I use Evernote on a PC and Tablet for several hundred residents. I have having a problem with the 260% price increase from $49.99 to $129.99. This is on top of the 2023 increase from $34..99 (40%+).

I don't need 100,000 notes (less than 1000), 1000 notebooks (I need one) or to sync unlimited devices (I need 2). There should be another level between Free and Personal at a reasonable price.

Is there an email address that is read by a human that I can use to communicate with an Evernote person (preferable someone who cares)?

Any assistance on this would be appreciated. 

• Level 5

feedback@evernote.com. Can't swear how much attention they pay, but that's the way to make contact. FWIW, you won't be the first one requesting this, and I agree with you, though I can pay the price for my purposes. If you were only paying $50 (let alone $35), you were on a grandfathered price plan that has gone away, which is why the increase is so drastic. Personally, I appreciate what you're doing (I can imagine doing something similar some day). I wonder if any of the other residents would be willing to chip in a few bucks to keep it going.