New Feature Allocation Between Plans

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Dave Green said:

really big monthly uploads, two calendars, slack integration, or ability to assign tasks to others within Evernote.

plus a 20% discount off Adobe,  which seems to be worth more than the price difference in itself - if you use Adobe;  which I'd like to... 
[Exact terms of the offer not known yet,  but it's looking interesting...]

Couldn't find a way to add this benefit to my account,  so bounced off a Support request.  I'll let you know...

EDIT:  For interests sake - Adobe subs are a little more expensive than Evernote - and they only create documents!  ;)

• Like 1

The Pro level has certainly been devalued with this latest feature shuffle. It would be great if they open up the ability to use the spaces feature from Teams to maintain its benefit over the Personal tier. For my purposes, navigation in spaces is far superior to normal stacks.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, thefryhole said:

open up the ability to use the spaces feature from Teams to maintain its benefit over the Personal tier

I would love this... have mentioned it a few times but I have no idea... would be amazing to have different client projects in a different space, especially when sharing with clients.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

would be amazing to have different client projects in a different space

Aren't they called "Stacks"?  - Although it would be nice to be able to share a stack and several notebooks at once.  Or even one notebook...  :huh:

2 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Aren't they called "Stacks"?  - Although it would be nice to be able to share a stack and several notebooks at once.  Or even one notebook...  :huh:

Its like another level above stacks. Almost like a separate set of stacks and notebooks for each project.

In teams you can create spaces for say marketing, sale etc and then invite specific people to the space and they see it all. Never tried it in the wild but I'd love to play with it!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Yeah - I had a Teams trial at one stage.  The problem was all the extra admin you had to do even if there was only one actual user.  And don't get me started on the two separate personal and Teams accounts...  and if there were similar features in Professional (or wherever) how would you deal with the admin of controlling who had access to which Spaces and at what level?  Lots more menus required!!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gazumped said:

The problem was all the extra admin you had to do even if there was only one actual user

I wouldn't want all the user admin stuff for the Professional plan. Redesign it slightly and just use it as another level above a stack so you could share a space with a client similar to how you could share a notebook.

It would mean as a "project manager" you could shift between different projects/spaces and add new stacks/notebooks and they would be automatically shared.

For me, i could switch between projects and only see the relevant information.

I think this would only really work well for large projects.

Can I just add here ... while I'm grateful for the extra features, particularly OCR - aren't we all (now) paying more than historical professional subscriptions? Couldn't we just get all the stuff? EN doesn't want to single-tier the whole thing?

• Level 5

No, they don’t …

From how it looks, EN tries to focus all plans on real life use cases:

- Personal, as the plan for those who use EN alone, probably privately

- Professional, as the individual plan for those who need to collaborate with others on a project timeline, targeted at freelancers, consultants, artists and the like

-Teams, the plan for permanent group work, companies and organizations 

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

I have the professional plan and I've used Evernote's AI services maybe 5 times since they were released - mostly to test something.  But I assume Evernote has to pay for their users to have access to the feature,  so it would make sense to restrict it to the most expensive package.