I need upload a research paper to my note which a bit over 200MB (225mb), but evernote has a limit of 200MB, how can I load this paper to my note?

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

5 minutes ago, HZHZ said:

I need upload a research paper to my note which a bit over 200MB (225mb), but evernote has a limit of 200MB, how can I load this paper to my note?  

The limit is 200MB so I don't think you can. I would split it into two files, if that is possible, and then create two notes. You can obviosly put links in each of the notes to the other one.

• Level 5

You can‘t. The 200 MB are a hard limit.

You can store it in Google Drive, and insert a link.

Or you split the document in 2 parts, store them separately, and maybe link the 2 notes.

Or you „print“ the pdf, using a low quality setting, to shrink it below the magical number.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, HZHZ said:

it is a 225MB pdf file. I can not split.

I deleted this note because it contained a (very!) long link.  It was good to tell us what PDF you were talking about,  but the additional tracking part of the link (after the ?) is just unnecessary admin.

• Level 5
  • Solution

I just opened the pdf, downloaded it locally, then opened it in Mac Preview, chose "Save as PDF" and applied the "Reduce File Size" Quartz filter. This is a standard in Preview. Preview itself is the standard pdf viewer (and more) on Macs, part of MacOS. So nothing fancy here, just free software.

The file size was reduced from 230MB to just 65MB, without visibly loosing any quality. It is probably a question of the tools applied, and how we use them. The file has nearly 600 pages - I don't think EN must take into account that monster files like this should set a standard for note sizes. And as we see, its not necessary either.

Here is the link to a note where I have stored the resulting pdf file.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s747/sh/3843bdca-8380-fc74-75be-424801ac876f/aNnHZ4A1MFFoH7j8Bh07BYB9klzgtsVwdG4GCQbaPWm_KR025Co0mOw6Qw

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I dont have Mac, My computers are PC with windows 10 and 11. My phone and Pad are Samsung with Android.... found apps for split pdf from adobe which need paid. I am thinking about it is worth or not to pay that price to do only one file....

I had to split a pdf myself yesterday.  I just Googled "free break up PDF into smaller files" and a number of links came up with links to apparently free services that do this.  Adobe was one.  I clicked on the Adobe link and it worked fine and for free.

Vinnie

• Level 5

I know of several apps to treat PDFs on Windows, but actually none of them are needed to split a large pdf into pieces.

Simply use the „print to pdf“ option Windows offers by default.

Print pages 1-300 to one pdf , then print pages 301-600 to a second pdf file. Done, the 1 large file has been split into 2 files.