URGENT: No Web-Login possible because of never ending captcha-test (2023-08-14)

Go to solution Solved by HeBoIz,

As written in title I can‘t open web-version of EN today.

EN obviously has added new robot check with captcha. Issue is that there seems to be something missing / broken:

No matter how often and curiously I try - everytime I get a new captcha - so no login possible…

EDIT:

Nothing new or changes since the last 2 years on browser side, only new aspect is the captcha-check by EN since today.

So far Captcha-check works / worked on other sides (as far as I remember ..)

59 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

ad/tracker/cookie blockers

Shouldn’t be a problem and necessary: (chrome-) browser is running in a linux-based emulated windows system, starting everyday new and empty. So ad tracker and cookies ain‘t be a problem for my admins…

Just had time to check and got in OK. Using Vivaldi browser which is basically Chrome.

Did you try in a guest profile just in case extensions/other things are messing around with it?

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

What's the captcha?  I got a little car with a barely visible track and instructions to put a dot at the end of the track.  Took me a while to work out which end...

Captcha in my case looks like: select all pictures with car, motorbike or othe objects … in a 4x4 (...edited)  area. Sometimes very small, sometimes very big with one single object (and very tiny parts onnother tiles…)

• Solution

I finally got in with kind of workaround: optical recaptcha-test for login at EN-Webbrowser didn't work till the end. I finally passed the I-am-no-robot-test when I changed to audio test (with sometime bad to understand audio of random-word-phrase wich had to be rewritten in an text box.)

O.k. - safety matters, but this tends to logout users...

• Like 1
  • Level 5

I'm finding this topic mysterious. I run Evernote Web in the MS Edge browser on my personal Windows 10 laptop. I just logged out of it and back in, and all I had to do was put in my credentials. No Captcha. Are others seeing this consistently? Is it happening on work computers (i.e., Captcha instituted by IT admins)?

It  popped up on my desktop yesterday.  It's a personal machine, no IT systems involved.  It hasn't popped up on my laptop yet.  As (I think) Gazumped said, figuring out where to put the dot was kind of a mystery.  CAPTCHA is apparently overestimating my non-artificial intelligence!

Vinnie

Today as well no captcha to pass for me (in German). May be it is / was a temporary localised issue, from Monday to Tuesday? 

As written it only occured with the Mark tile in Pictures test. Test could be passed with audio Version. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

I tried while taking sips from a Pale Ale craft beer from Erfurt. Maybe this helped - it helped my mood for sure.

Just waiting for my second Nectaron 😂

• Like 1
  • Level 5
2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Tried myself, no captcha even while I use a different IP while traveling. I didn’t have to fake I’m human, which is sometimes hard for a pink Elephant.

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

I tried while taking sips from a Pale Ale craft beer from Erfurt. Maybe this helped - it helped my mood for sure.

So, a pink elephant sipping beer while traveling but not having to fake being human by clicking on traffic lights and motorcycles. We do indeed live in an age of wonders.

• Haha 1