Sort reminders by date

markjl

Idea

11 replies to this idea

Yeah this is one my few continuing frustrations with v10.  Why make the columns clickable if they don’t sort... and why not allow sorting by any column?  Seems like a “feature” that any software with Kist functionality has had since at least 1995

• Like 1
On 5/16/2021 at 1:09 AM, Mike P said:

Just to point out the sorting by reminder date is available on the desktop versions, provided you are in the list of notes with reminders (reminder tab)

Yeah, for some reason that Reminders tab also instantly updates the indexing/search results as well.... that is how the main list should work as well, as it sometimes takes several hours before a changed reminder date stops showing up within saved search results for me.  I am not a programmer but imagine the two things are connected (delayed search results and inability to sort search results by reminder date)

• Like 1

I have delayed the update to version 10 for a couple of years due to this, and now that I finally had to (evernote constantly warning me that my version was too much out of date), I have to discover that the same issue is still there. How am I supposed to find the reminders of a specific date in a scrambled up list of more than 100 notes?

It's crazy...

• Evernote Expert

Open All Notes (the Notes icon in the sidebar

Click the Reminders icon - the bell symbol at the top of the list of notes

Sort by clicking the sort/filter icon and choose sort by date.

1 hour ago, agsteele said:

Open All Notes (the Notes icon in the sidebar

Click the Reminders icon - the bell symbol at the top of the list of notes

Sort by clicking the sort/filter icon and choose sort by date.

that's 3 clicks, columns should be sorted by simply clicking on them

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, Didgeridoo said:

V10 does tend to be a clickfest in many areas.  The development team has expressed a desire to address the UI after they get performance and reliability handled.  I'm really hoping that some little things like this, which tend to add friction when using the app, get addressed.

• Evernote Expert
6 minutes ago, Didgeridoo said:

I make no comment on the appropriateness of the number of clicks. I just pointed to the process.

To be fair, you have to do the first one to get a full list of notes. The last click is only necessary if you want to change the order from the default. So it is possible with just one click from the Notes list.

43 minutes ago, agsteele said:

I make no comment on the appropriateness of the number of clicks. I just pointed to the process.

To be fair, you have to do the first one to get a full list of notes. The last click is only necessary if you want to change the order from the default. So it is possible with just one click from the Notes list.

Purpose is to have an orderly view on the reminder list sorted on the reminder date with just one click.

• Level 5

You can add the Reminders date to the columns in the Reminders view. Make a right click (1) on the column head in the reminders view, choose (2) "Reminders Date" from the dropdown menu. The filed is sortable, one click on the column header (3) sorts it up or down by reminder date.

image.thumb.png.d4c803bcdb7787e4f29f6434fd4850b3.png