Evernote for iOS version 10.5 release notes

• Level 5

Hi All,

We've just released Evernote for iOS, version 10.5.

New:

• Searching inside shared notebooks is back.

Fixed:

• We fixed an issue with the snippet view note preview not showing the text you had just entered into a note.
  • Cutting and pasting attachments into a new note would sometimes result in an error, so we fixed it.
  • We fixed an issue where notes would sometimes appear to be blank when you opened them.
  • If you thought you had missed some Work Chat notifications, you were right. But you should see them all now.
  • If you tried to share a PDF or audio file, the keyboard would unhelpfully get in your way, but no longer.
  • Sometimes, the date and time rows would flicker when you were setting a reminder. Very annoying, but thankfully now a thing of the past.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@PinkElephant this isn't fair. If you bring your car for service and only half / quarter of will work (with issues) after they are done with it, you won't be happy.

Same with the "update release", in Evernote case it is more "repair the damage done". Version 10 is the full official release and current state of the product, it isn't a beta or demo experiment. 

It is good to see that new repairs are done, but come on... New: Searching inside shared notebooks is back. 
This is not a new Feature, and if Evernote really thinks that we, the end-users, will we accept that as a positive update.... come on, we ain't stupid or what..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

No I'm not discussing half full / empty...
My personal opinion is simple. The product was fine (maybe not the newest features etc..), new release came and the product was totally different. Broken if you ask me...

So because I'm still a customer, until end of subscription, I will not accept this broken release.. You shouldn't either.
When Evernote classifies this a an New update release, bring back the old features, than this is a disrespect for it customers...

And I know that you think the same about this, what if 1Password will change like Evernote did..?
New Release... Electron Web version, only option : USERNAME + PASSWORD logging, you will drop 1Password in a heartbeat.
Even when they promise update release in the upcoming months (years)... 

No, it is damage control release management.... 💀

• Like 3
  • Level 5

Anybody needs to define what works best for the own use cases. If it works, fine, if not, find a better solution. Don’t pay and grumble at the same time - it makes sad wrinkles, ulcers and heart attacks.

What is maybe a problem is that full alternatives are rare. „I want EN as it was, but not from EN“ is not a good strategy. OneNote may be close (personally I don’t like it), AppleNotes is lean, and still does many things, for Mac & iOS  there is DEVONthink, etc. There are options, but not without the need to adapt.

My stress level is pretty low, as long as I can run with legacy. If some features are added to v10, I will switch over. If mission critical stuff is still missing when legacy stops working, there is Plan B. The EN iOS app it already pretty good, at least on newer devices.

So WTF - I spare my emotions for relevant issues.

@PinkElephant 100% agree with parts of your reply 🙃. And my stress levels are low as well. Evernote made this discussion forum so they could get feedback on their product. I'm happy to give them mine, and I wasn't happy with V10 and not with switching back to the legacy version. This was hours of extra effort on my part to get notes in sync... eventually i have chosen to go back to older export-files (locally stored) and merge it with the new notes (from time v10 was installed). 

Also Mobile and Legacy don't like each other, and this makes note-taking / archiving / second brain unreliable... it is even the next level of unreliable.... You think note and information is stored, you verified the information was in Evernote.... hours later is seems your information is gone/not up-2-date.... 

This is a really bad sign, when you store information in the assumption you can forget it for the time being and then it is deleted/misplace or what ever.... then you can not trust your system.... and then the whole principle of "set and forget" is gone, before v10 I never doubted Evernote in collecting my information (second brain).. But that's gone, cannot trust Evernote's  Application and Communication ...

But I hope for all new customers and for those who stay that Evernote V11 is the real deal. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Anybody needs to define what works best for the own use cases. If it works, fine, if not, find a better solution. Don’t pay and grumble at the same time - it makes sad wrinkles, ulcers and heart attacks.

What is maybe a problem is that full alternatives are rare. „I want EN as it was, but not from EN“ is not a good strategy. OneNote may be close (personally I don’t like it), AppleNotes is lean, and still does many things, for Mac & iOS  there is DEVONthink, etc. There are options, but not without the need to adapt.

My stress level is pretty low, as long as I can run with legacy. If some features are added to v10, I will switch over. If mission critical stuff is still missing when legacy stops working, there is Plan B. The EN iOS app it already pretty good, at least on newer devices.

So WTF - I spare my emotions for relevant issues.

1. I already paid.  I don’t see EN offering customers their money back. 

2. This post was about iOS.  @ArjenC is correct, the iOS application still loses data. I’ve experienced it on multiple occasions. Until this “update” you couldn’t see many of your saved .pdfs.   Or, try to scan a multi-page document, a feat that Evernote used to be the best at— the scanner just starts taking photos of your documents, the walls....  One solution: use Scanner Pro or some other scanner— but EN no longer reliably accepts data from 3rd party apps....

3. It is interesting that you are defending Evernote, yet you aren’t running v10 either.   So, I guess that you are in agreement that it is Beta software.  What other company does that to its customers?  BTW, that was not EN management’s original intention.  Their communication was “come on in the water is fine”— it was only after the uproar from customers that we heard that their real plan was for “power” users (a.k.a. Customers that needed the app to work) to remain on the “legacy” version.  “If only we had communicated better.” What utter BS. 

4. The “core” concept of Evernote is still better than most of the alternatives, and there are no perfect substitutes. That is why they still have customers.  Migration, with tagging and workflows is not easy— or the entire customer base would have defected last October. 

5. I don’t need an apology from EN,  I need  a plan.  EN is essentially the outsourced IT department for my business and many others. That’s what EN was selling.  They are at least— because of pressure from customers— starting to indicate what they are working on. But, this is far from a plan.  For those of us who rely on mobile devices for all or a portion of our work, there is no “legacy” version to revert to— we are stuck with the bug ridden mess where 5 months on the “new” feature is that you can see a .pdf— although it may be so small you cannot read it. 

6. The glass is neither half full nor half empty.  The glass is broken and leaking. Pouring in more water in the form of additional features doesn’t change that. 

• Like 8

Oh, nothing new in v10.5

Only bringing back one old feature from v8.24 in iOS

I would like preferences where I can choose to open my PDF always in an external program and links always open in Safari.

• Level 5

@bigtelco

1) Everybody paid - you can decide when your subscription is up whether to continue, or not. If you wanted to save, you have the yearly plan. OK, so you paid for a year. Where is the problem ? Server is running, if you use legacy you have no change at all. iOS was a nasty surprise for everybody, much improved in the meantime, and the watch still is going without app. I have seen better, but I have seen worse as well.

2) Everybody has his own experience. I am using EN a lot on iOS. I have had 2 corrupted notes (both before 10.3). Since then no further problems, even when importing several clips or pictures at once through sharing. So for me this chapter is closed. Who still encounters problems should run support tickets. 
EN was never good in scanning, not with the build in scanner, not with Scannable. For me the new iOS app is usable for a quick capture. All of my more serious scanning jobs I do with ScannerPro, and the heavy stuff through my ix500. Here nothing has really changed.

3) On iOS probably close to 100% is on v10 - I was autoupdated with the first release. On desktop I decided to install v10 for testing, and continue to work with legacy. Everybody can do this, so if somebody wants to run exclusively on v10 at the moment, he is doing so out of his free decision. 
GoodNotes did a similar thing when they switched over from GN4 to GN5. GN5 was completely new, had initially some bugs and missing features. The VERY big difference was they communicated this very clearly before and during the transition, and managed to have GN4 and GN5 installed even on iOS in parallel. On both - communication and alternative app - EN management really failed big time !

4) Must be a hell of an app if even with a buggy release, they still beat the competition (your words, not mine).

5) A plan would be nice - if I were in their shoes, I would not publish it either. Why ? Because I would expect that I can’t deliver dead sure, with ongoing bug fixes and all that. So I would have a plan, but I would not tell. Which is probably what we all observe. Personally I shrug it off, but feel free to bang the head against the wall and scream out loud. Usually the wall is winning.

6) For me since 10.4 the iOS release is covering most of my use cases. Some features are in fact improved (nested tags, offline content, editor, part of the workflow), some are not as good, some are still missing. Performance is o.k. on newer devices, and s-l-o-w on older gear. To call this broken is IMHO an exaggeration. There is room for improvement, we will see what happens. On desktop it is still legacy for me, compared to my v10 test installation. Getting better, but not yet even close to what I need.

• Like 1

i must complement the EN team. 

They are working super hard to get features rolling out. 

Obviously there is a lot to be done and the team is doing it . 

I am rooting for the v10 even though there are issues and bugs (as is the case with a lot of apps) 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, dinesh tewari said:

i must complement the EN team. 

They are working super hard to get features rolling out. 

Obviously there is a lot to be done and the team is doing it . 

I am rooting for the v10 even though there are issues and bugs (as is the case with a lot of apps) 

This is true. But the decisionmakers did something really stupid, and didn't put any effort in repairing the damage done.
When it was clear that V10 was like Windows ME (or vista) back in the day's... they should start communicating with their customers. They neglected that... The approach was: Communicate how awesome our product already is, and will become in the future.

But in my work (whole company) and personal life the people left, none of them trust the integrity of Evernote... loss of data was the real killer in this all (for some in combination with unreachable support 14 days response time 🙃)

I have respect for the Dev's, it must be hard for them to see their product in the state it is.... in production.
But I really hope for the dev teams that Evernote survives this failure, competitors have one big advantage... that's the distrust some of the customers have in regards to Evernote. And when companies leave they don't switch back that easy due to productivity loss..

• Thanks 3

I understand they are working hard in fixing the app, but stilling not usable for some people is reality which can't be ignored.

And I don't think users are ranting as they are explaining how that happens in detail. Empathy with and understanding different kinds of customers is a very important and basic process in designing/rewriting an app.

• Like 2

After 12 years on Evernote I have decided it is time to move on. It has the widest feature set of any comparable application but for me it fails and the most fundamental thing and that is finding a note quickly. Having tried both Apple Notes and Simplenote I can get to important notes in a fraction of the time it takes to open Evernote on IOS, and even on Windows. The wide feature set just seems to make it too slow.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, crawfordpatterson said:

After 12 years on Evernote I have decided it is time to move on. It has the widest feature set of any comparable application but for me it fails and the most fundamental thing and that is finding a note quickly. Having tried both Apple Notes and Simplenote I can get to important notes in a fraction of the time it takes to open Evernote on IOS, and even on Windows. The wide feature set just seems to make it too slow.

you are a PREMIUM user and you are able to replace Evernote by using Apple Notes? sounds strange to me. Either Apple Notes has tons of new features I’m not aware of or you‘re paying PREMIUM for nothing. 🤷

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, stocky2605 said:

you are a PREMIUM user and you are able to replace Evernote by using Apple Notes? sounds strange to me. Either Apple Notes has tons of new features I’m not aware of or you‘re paying PREMIUM for nothing. 🤷

I've tried Apple Notes (and more recently Craft), because of Evernote's issues since October.  Depending on your use case, Apple notes does a have a lot of features that the current version of Evernote doesn't do very well.

With Apple Notes you get:

• A much faster experience on all platforms
  • Faster and more reliable document scanning
  • A much better iOS experience:
    • "Instant" note taking on the iPad
    • Inline viewing of PDF attachments
    • Vastly superior document annotation
    • Ability to reorder lists with drag and drop (in the case of tasks) or using iPad keyboard shortcuts
    • Apple Watch integration
    • Drag and drop
    • Multiple instances
    •  Excellent Apple Pencil support, with shapes tools
    • Beautiful dark mode
    • Ability to create legible tables on both iPhone and iPad
  • An app that never crashes or loses data. 
  • Decent OCR of handwriting
  • You can add information to existing notes

However, it isn't a replacement for the more "Devonthink" file management features.   To get those, you would need to create a file management system using iCloud & Apple system tags (fast but no iOS OCR or any OCR of handwriting), or Google Drive (the only Cloud system that reliably does OCR of handwriting  on stored documents-- concerns about privacy aside) or Devonthink.    Devonthink, (I hear you @stocky2605)which I have also looked at, has some great document storage and management features, as long a you are on your desktop.  The mobile experience is not great-- which file attachments are available is not consistent. But, they seem to be focused on making this a better experience. Plus, it allows you to save contents-- in their native form-- in an organized way. 

In Apple Notes You Will Miss:

• No Mail in or API 
  • OCR of scans and photos is hit or miss. 
  • No colors in iOS
  • No web clipper - 
  • Linking function is not as robust and is more difficult to use
  • No tags
  • No saved searches
  • No interface customization
  • Document storage

The BEST experience would be a fully-functioning and reliable Evernote.   I should be able to compose outlines and notes and save them, as well as store them long-term.  Evernote was previously a great storage solution:  It was fast, allowed easy organization, had fantastic search and  I used it reliably for a decade. BUT it wasn't that great from a note editing standpoint. I tended to produce a lot of content externally and then drop it into Evernote for storage and search.  

In the latest "upgrade" the desktop editing experience improved markedly but  speed, the mobile experience and reliability got blown up.  I've also had real problems with the web clipper. 

Why am I still on this forum?  Evernote should/could be the winner.  If Evernote manages to pack together speed, reliability and a modern note editing experience they would be the greatest productivity app on earth.  But, I didn't need a new "Home" feature....yet , I need to be able to:

• Not wait for 30 seconds before I can begin composing a note
  • Not have the green arrow spin for a minute when I click on a .pdf. 
  • Print my notes
  • Export notes to other applications like Mail and Word. 
  • Annotate a PDF
  • Use the Apple Pencil with my iPad
  • Create outlines and manipulate them (impossible in iOS). Still no toggle outlines or other outlining supportfeatures
  • Create tables in iOS-- its there... but not really.
  • See attachments inline when I'm using the app
  • Feel confident that ONE copy of every note I create will still be there, just as I left it, a month or a year from now. 

In other words some pretty basic things are holding Evernote back. If they focus on these rather than shiny objects this could be great.  One of my gravest concerns is whether  they can achieve the speed and reliability needed without building native apps.  Notion has done it with Electron--- but Notion isn't a document storage solution and it really doesn't have any of the interface issues of a note creator (E.g. use of Apple Pencil, or Samsung stylus).   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
23 hours ago, stocky2605 said:

Well exactly, the conclusion I have come to. The majority of my notes are mostly just text and I value speed of use over everything else.

• Like 1

Although I already left Evernote for Bear, I keep trying it when it is updated. But every time I have to delete it again and again.

This time:

• A note added on desktop web version was synced successfully on iPad... after 9 minutes.
  • Notes (>30) downloaded successfully after installing. However when I update some notes, notes need to be redownloading and the process is never completed.
  • Scanned document is still incomplete. The camera does capture the whole area, but I am only allowed to crop within, say 60% of the area. I cannot crop the shape I like as before (just like now what Apple Notes can do that Evernote/Scannable used to be able to)
  • The phone is still hot even when not in use. Battery drain is serious in my case.
  • App link still cannot be copied on iPhone and iPad, but the external website link. (So you will open a note in a browser when you are using Mac or Windows.)

The overall performance does improve, but will let you frustrate in some cases. If you are lucky, okay. If you are not, sorry. That's why people even opt for Apple Notes, for stability and reliability. It's not strange why Evernote users rather choose something simpler, and simplicity can bring productivity.

To be honest Evernote has improved faster than I think. But it's already five months since launching the new iOS version. For users it's long time although for the team they are moving quite fast.

On 2/12/2021 at 11:19 PM, TK0047 said:

When I paste an image, it still inserts 3 images into the note.

This has been going on for a while now.

They said it has been fixed on v10.3, I too still have the same problem. It seems v10.5 hasn't solve this yet. 

When I paste screenshot on evernote on iPhone, there are 3 of them. I always have to remove two. very annoying.

@Shane D. Please check it and do something about it.

IMG_69443C202FC5-1.jpeg

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Alvin C said:

Although I already left Evernote for Bear, I keep trying it when it is updated. But every time I have to delete it again and again.

This time:

• A note added on desktop web version was synced successfully on iPad... after 9 minutes.
  • Notes (>30) downloaded successfully after installing. However when I update some notes, notes need to be redownloading and the process is never completed.
  • Scanned document is still incomplete. The camera does capture the whole area, but I am only allowed to crop within, say 60% of the area. I cannot crop the shape I like as before (just like now what Apple Notes can do that Evernote/Scannable used to be able to)
  • The phone is still hot even when not in use. Battery drain is serious in my case.
  • App link still cannot be copied on iPhone and iPad, but the external website link. (So you will open a note in a browser when you are using Mac or Windows.)

The overall performance does improve, but will let you frustrate in some cases. If you are lucky, okay. If you are not, sorry. That's why people even opt for Apple Notes, for stability and reliability. It's not strange why Evernote users rather choose something simpler, and simplicity can bring productivity.

To be honest Evernote has improved faster than I think. But it's already five months since launching the new iOS version. For users it's long time although for the team they are moving quite fast.

You might also check out Craft Notes. Although it lacks tags, the iOS interface is amazing, it has far superior Apple Pencil support and they just rolled out Toggle Outlines.   I have found the platform to be extremely stable and the notes are, well, beautiful.  Still, none of these options replace the storage capability of Evernote... provided of course that your note is actually stored.  Maybe Devonthink and a tag system in iCloud, or search in Google Drive are the only alternatives.  Ugh....

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, bigtelco said:

You might also check out Craft Notes. Although it lacks tags, the iOS interface is amazing, it has far superior Apple Pencil support and they just rolled out Toggle Outlines.   I have found the platform to be extremely stable and the notes are, well, beautiful.  Still, none of these options replace the storage capability of Evernote... provided of course that your note is actually stored.  Maybe Devonthink and a tag system in iCloud, or search in Google Drive are the only alternatives.  Ugh....

The nice thing about Craft is that it was developed with mobile in mind. Unlike Evernote, all features are available on mobile and the desktop, and you can do editing on iOS with gestures, no more awkward cutting  & pasting. And as you say, it is really a great looking app. Not as feature rich as Evernote, but it is constantly adding features, and at a quicker pace than Evernote.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, bigtelco said:

Is it like Notion while it's not an Electron app? I tried Notion before but I just realised it's a sense of control (with various dashboard). I like Evernote just because I can add some colours and formats in my note which helps me think something better.

Bear is great as well because of the link function (wiki link and generation of link through searching in note editor). Although text cannot be coloured and there is only one colour in highlight. Not to mention the latest widgets for iOS 14, reliability and speed (2s to open on Mac vs 12s for Evernote), as well as their upcoming new editor supporting tables / hiding Markdowns / scanning documents / advanced Apple Pencil support.

Meanwhile I am using more and more GoodNotes, especially when I am reading.

10 hours ago, ObviousBob said:

The nice thing about Craft is that it was developed with mobile in mind. Unlike Evernote, all features are available on mobile and the desktop, and you can do editing on iOS with gestures, no more awkward cutting  & pasting. And as you say, it is really a great looking app. Not as feature rich as Evernote, but it is constantly adding features, and at a quicker pace than Evernote.

I also heard that Craft came with 1.0 almost bug-free. iPad is also my concern as I expect the app can function as on Mac. This is very disappointing when the new Evernote for iPad is just an iPhone app with bigger screen.

I use Bear because the functions and interfaces are almost the same on iPhone, iPad and Mac. You can also export and import notes on iPhone and iPad as well. On Evernote, I need to waste more time on Mac when, for example, you add an internal note link (web link on iPhone/iPad vs app link on Mac), create and edit a table (still 3X2 on iPhone), rename an attachment (only on Mac), no Home (although it's understandable that widget will be much better on iPhone)... more importantly functions are working in different ways in different devices (like tagging).

Just don't understand (when they stress unifying codes) why don't they unify interfaces and functions in all devices and OS (with some exceptions). 

• Like 1
On 2/12/2021 at 8:59 AM, ArjenC said:

And when companies leave they don't switch back that easy due to productivity loss..

I know two companies which where knee deep in Evernote. Both decided to flip the switch.

Despite its speed and great integration with iOS and Apple Pencil, the comments above regarding the lack of key features in Apple Notes were spot on. (See @stocky2605).   So, my quest continued, since Evernote for iOS doesn't seem to be getting better and with the shift to non-native code, it may not be able to. 

For those tied to the MacOS/iOS ecosystem, there may be a better solution that incorporates multi-level folders, advanced tagging, OCR of all stored documents (including handwriting, photos, and text), the ability to store items like Word and Pages files in their native format.   How about ultra-fast search?  How about the ability to create notes in Apples Notes, Bear or Craft and have them transfer to the same storage system as other files with just a click? How about great PDF reading and annotation that actually works?  Apple Pencil integration that doesn't look like a 2 year old stole a crayon?

First, I tested Devonthink, a  complex data management system that works great on the Mac.  However,  in iOS, where I do a lot of my work, the app is pretty poor.  Some file types don't transfer over at all.  No joy....

I had just about given up hope when I came across this article about Keep It:  https://thesweetsetup.com/apps/the-best-evernote-replacement-app-for-long-term-research/ .   It is a native app, it uses your own iCloud storage, so if the App is ever mothballed your files are still in your iCloud account and you can retrieve them.  Keep It is basically an "on-device" file manager/note taker, so the developer doesn't interact with your data!  Thus far I have found it to be fast, reliable, and it leverages the capabilities of Apple OS rather than trying to work around them.  For example, it uses PencilKit to make sketches, and Keep It notes uses the same syntax as Apple Notes.  Indeed Keep It is the file management structure that we can only hope that Apple actually implements natively someday. (Strange for example that you can tag everything in your Apple Files database-- but you cannot tag an Apple Note). 

However, unlike Apple Notes:

• You can use colors in iOS.
  • You can change fonts
  • You can export!

You can even create tables, although that part of the experience isn't quite up to Apple Notes usability, it is still fully functional--unlike Evernote where that is true only in 

I have not yet tried transferring over my Evernote database yet, but so far this is the most promising alternative I have found to the swirling green arrow that greets me for 10-40 seconds every time I click on Evernote.   So far, its longest search has lasted less than a second, its OCR has been just as good--and more reliable than Evernote,  and it is much more flexible in terms of organization. 

While it is for Apple-only users, it is pretty compelling if that's your thing.  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, normv8 said:

I open a PDF and I cannot do a search in that pdf  I must search everywhere..  Fix this quick please. I am ready to leave soon. this is driving me crazy

I keep checking in to see if Evernote is actually getting better.  Unfortunately, every time I test if still fails.   I‘m in the Apple Ecosystem, and I‘ve found that Keep It works extremely well, with reliable tagging, OCR and search, and a decent notes capability.  I also discovered that Google Drive does a very good job of OCR and search.  Good luck in your quest @normv8 , so far Evernote isn‘t it— and unfortunately unless Evernote changes course and builds native apps, it is never going to be the fast and reliable Evernote of yore.  The Legacy version on the desktop continues to outperform the nearly 6-month-old „new and improved“ version, while iOS, for which there are no „legacy“ alternatives remains buggy, slow and difficult to use, despite its coat of fresh paint. 

• Like 1

I’ve left to bear and notes reluctantly, came back to see if you fellow,  loyal , EN dudes and dudettes had some hopeful discussion, ideas or workarounds , was here to see if I could sniff any improvements fixes coming from pink elephant too....but instead it’s like I just rocked up to a bunch of senile grandpas in a rest home arguing about old tools of the trade. “Oh those were the days, they don’t build apps like they used to back in my day” don’t get me wrong I’m with you all here. It feels more like a sister and brother arguing at each other after their parents left them to cook dinner themselves to go out to the casino gambling (we are the abused siblings, en v10 is the abusive negligent parents)

OK, so forget about new features, Evernote on iOS no longer lets me even capture basic notes or see my other notebooks. Is it now totally broken? To be clear, this is on my iPhone, not on my iPad mini which still seems to be working fine, weird!

Edited by Spluff
  • Level 5

If you are on the current version, and something is broken, often a full reinstall will fix it:

Delete the app, dump all data when asked

Switch the iPhone completely off. Wait a little, switch on again (Apple logo must show)

Reinstall the app. Log in, and let it go through the initial syncing before using it.

Should do now ...

22 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

If you are on the current version, and something is broken, often a full reinstall will fix it:

Delete the app, dump all data when asked

Switch the iPhone completely off. Wait a little, switch on again (Apple logo must show)

Reinstall the app. Log in, and let it go through the initial syncing before using it.

Should do now ...

yes, unfortunately I can confirm re-installation may fix problems. I recently ran into a problem not being able to remove URLs within a note text (using three dots menu and then "remove link" didn't work, nothing happened) on iOS only - Support asked me to re-install the App (I don't like this approach in general and due to many offline notebooks that need a re-download then again...). But, after re-installing the Apps, removal of URLs did work - strange, but it happened...

• Like 1

I have a new iPhone 8 Plus. It downloaded the new Evernote but when I open it, all I get are four pages with Welcome messages from you. There is no way to get to the app.

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you, I love the app!

I found the answer to the problem. When I copied the info from my old phone to the new phone, it gave me 3 devices along

with my laptop. When I deleted the app from the old phone, the new phone worked fine.

I'd been using Evernote for so long that I didn't know that it was only allowed on 2 devices.

• Shane D. locked and unpinned this topic