Notes not saving on Android 11

Same problem but on my Xiaomi Mi A3 with Android 10.... edit existing note works but new note disappear after save it.

I've try to completely uninstall App and reinstall but problem persist.... Anyone have same issue? It's a terrible problem!!!

• Like 1

Hmm I wonder if this is the same issue that iOS has too? On iOS there is an issue when the app is sitting in the background for long periods - when it’s opened to foreground again it doesn’t sync as expected and data is lost. Only way I’ve found to avoid this is to not leave the app in the background for long periods, if you are done using it - use whatever mechanism your phone has for closing the app so it’s not sitting in the background. 

Thanks for reporting this and I'm really sorry you lost data. This is unacceptable from our standpoint. We're actively investigating this problem at its highest priority and I was wondering if anyone could help us providing some information. Some of this stuff you might not want to share, so please feel free to DM me. 

• Version of the Evernote app you had the dataloss with
  • Date you created the note
  • Date you experienced the dataloss
  • Did you lose the entire note, or content from the note only?
  • If you only lost content, can you go to Evernote Web and access the note, then copy and paste its URL in your response? 
  • Any details of the note (did it have checkboxes, attachments, etc)
  • What time zone are you in?
  • What language is your Android device set to?
  • Was the note in your notebook or a notebook shared to you from another customer?
  • Did this happen after using templates with Evernote? 

Lastly, activity logs are always helpful. Please follow these steps to generate a log and send it to me: 

1. Open Evernote and tap the **three horizontal lines** in the bottom left corner.
2. In the menu that appears, tap the Settings (gear) icon at the top of the page.
3. Select **Support > Activity Log > Mail**, then tap **Continue** in the window that appears.
4. In the email, enter the following: evernote.forum.logs@m.evernote.com and in the subject line include your Forum username. 

I know this is a long list of questions, but it can help us triangulate the service logs on the backend with the information you can provide. I appreciate the help!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, Nick L. said:

Thanks for reporting this and I'm really sorry you lost data. This is unacceptable from our standpoint. We're actively investigating this problem at its highest priority and I was wondering if anyone could help us providing some information. Some of this stuff you might not want to share, so please feel free to DM me. 

• Version of the Evernote app you had the dataloss with
  • Date you created the note
  • Date you experienced the dataloss
  • Did you lose the entire note, or content from the note only?
  • If you only lost content, can you go to Evernote Web and access the note, then copy and paste its URL in your response? 
  • Any details of the note (did it have checkboxes, attachments, etc)
  • What time zone are you in?
  • What language is your Android device set to?
  • Was the note in your notebook or a notebook shared to you from another customer?
  • Did this happen after using templates with Evernote? 

Lastly, activity logs are always helpful. Please follow these steps to generate a log and send it to me: 

1. Open Evernote and tap the **three horizontal lines** in the bottom left corner.
2. In the menu that appears, tap the Settings (gear) icon at the top of the page.
3. Select **Support > Activity Log > Mail**, then tap **Continue** in the window that appears.
4. In the email, enter the following: evernote.forum.logs@m.evernote.com and in the subject line include your Forum username. 

I know this is a long list of questions, but it can help us triangulate the service logs on the backend with the information you can provide. I appreciate the help!

OK Nick, I've send you a PM with answers.... I've try to send log by email but android app hung in screen when I've to press CONTINUE for send email so is impossibile to send

22 hours ago, Yazy33 said:

Hello to all, I know this thread is focused on Android, but I’m on iphone ios 14.21 and am having the same issue. No new notes save and when I try to edit an existing note, it does not save either. 

I can save notes in Evernote on the iPad running 14.3. May be worth updating to 14.3 to see if that works on the iPhone, too?

• 3 weeks later...
Update Evernote for Android to last versione of 14/01/2021 (version number 10.4 - 1109602) but problem persist. 
I'try to completely uninstall and reinstalla but still can't create note.

Evernote please help, I'm a paid Premium user and is crazy that anyone reply me!!!!!!!! 
  • Evernote Expert
2 hours ago, Nicola B. said:

Evernote please help, I'm a paid Premium user and is crazy that anyone reply me!!!!!!!! 

@Nicola B. These forums are primarily users helping users. You should not anticipate that you will get staff help here. As a Premium user you should submit a support ticket.

However, I can say that I don't have this issue and am able to create notes without a problem on Android.

11 minutes ago, stevieblue said:

I think I have found the problem.

I upgraded to the lastest version of Evernote for Android, Evernote 10.4 (1109602), but still could not save notes. However, I found, if I changed notebooks, I could save to another notebook. I just can't save notes to my default notebook.

See the attached images, a list of the notebooks on my iPad running iPadOS 14.3 and the same same list on my Android phone, Xiaomi Mi 9T.

The notebook 'Dicta' is missing in the Android version.

It is also my default notebook.

See also the settings for my default notebook on iPadOS, while, on Android, I cannot set a default notebook at all.

The problem is something to do with setting the default notebook.

Why this doesn't affect everyone on Android, I have no idea.

Stevieblue.

20210115_135401000_iOS.thumb.png.e5933767fd355ecfa511b0a34754cac9.pngScreenshot_2021-01-15-13-54-40-500_com.evernote.thumb.jpg.79eec7b6dc8ea0720088a72fcc6f81be.jpg20210115_135420000_iOS.thumb.png.f1265d5ee88d8754ebb1c3ae108c6954.pngScreenshot_2021-01-15-13-54-53-879_com.evernote.thumb.jpg.cdd189df5c570f5f3b63f8ca0739a502.jpg

Thanks a lot Stevieblue, I've exactly same problem!!!

I've open a ticket to Evernote, when my issue are resolve  I'll post here the solution

Same problem. Cannot save ANY new notes of ANY type using Evernote 10.4 on Android. Evernote, at this point, is becoming unusable for me. How could a good product that's been good for so long (I've been using almost 14 years) go so bad in such a short time?

Peter, with Evernote support I've find a workaround:

- from web version change temporary default notebook to another

- close and reopen evernote Android, now you can save with success

- from web version change default notebook to preferred

- evernote Android still work normally to original default notebook

If you delete data of app, you have to repeat steps above. 

The little problem is that you see default notebook more than one under notebooks, is only grafical issue, app works normally. 

I hope that will be fix soon, I'm waiting answer from support. 

Ciao

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Nicola B. said:

Peter, with Evernote support I've find a workaround:

- from web version change temporary default notebook to another

- close and reopen evernote Android, now you can save with success

- from web version change default notebook to preferred

- evernote Android still work normally to original default notebook

If you delete data of app, you have to repeat steps above. 

The little problem is that you see default notebook more than one under notebooks, is only grafical issue, app works normally. 

I hope that will be fix soon, I'm waiting answer from support. 

Ciao

Nicola, Thanks for that tip! It worked...grateful (now hoping EN can address all the other "bugs").

• 1 year later...

I think Evernote earns a C'mon Man!!!  Customer base is paying money for an app that  will not even perform the basic function of its definition - taking notes.  C'mon Man!  Evernote, please update when you will fix.  Thanks!