Jump to content

Recommended Posts

There is no ability to select an image in a note and then copy it into another application. It needs to be downloaded first. This is also true if you try to copy and paste an entire note containing images (for example to email it). Only the text is copied. Copy and paste is basic windows functionaility which should just work.

Link to comment
15 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Very interesting. Images can be copied from the browser/Web client by right-clicking and selecting copy image

Are you sure? Yes the option is there but if I use it and then paste into a Word document I get an empty box. I'm using Chrome.

 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Mike P said:

Are you sure? Yes the option is there but if I use it and then paste into a Word document I get an empty box. I'm using Chrome.

 

Just checked on FireFox and yes it works on the Web Client version. You can save images by right clicking or dragging. Still cannot edit webclips and I am worried about what happens if the source link dies, does the note remain or does it vanish too?

Link to comment
14 minutes ago, JNester said:

You can save images by right clicking or dragging.

I can do that too. The issue is whether you can copy and paste an image without having to save it first. Dragging it to the desktop and then dragging it somewhere else is a good work around and actually works for the Windows version too. Unfortunately I can't drag the image directly into Word. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Mike P said:

I can do that too. The issue is whether you can copy and paste an image without having to save it first. Dragging it to the desktop and then dragging it somewhere else is a good work around and actually works for the Windows version too. Unfortunately I can't drag the image directly into Word. 

Here's what I noticed, drag and drop works for the web version, but not the windows version. In the windows version when I drag and drop, it instead saves the link rather than the image.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, JNester said:

Here's what I noticed, drag and drop works for the web version, but not the windows version. In the windows version when I drag and drop, it instead saves the link rather than the image.

Interesting. I'm not seeing any difference between the behaviour of the Windows and web versions.

In both I can drag and drop an image to the desktop or download the image using the context menu.

In neither of them can I copy and paste an image into another app (despite it appearing as an option in the web version) or drag and drop the image directly into another app (Word).

The drag and drop to the desktop is an OK short term workaround but I still think that copy and paste should just work (like it does in the legacy version). 

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Interesting. I'm not seeing any difference between the behaviour of the Windows and web versions.

In both I can drag and drop an image to the desktop or download the image using the context menu.

In neither of them can I copy and paste an image into another app (despite it appearing as an option in the web version) or drag and drop the image directly into another app (Word).

The drag and drop to the desktop is an OK short term workaround but I still think that copy and paste should just work (like it does in the legacy version). 

This is extremely weird. You are correct it does not work for me as well for notes with just images. But images in a webclip can be dragged on the web version and not on the windows version. I could copy and paste an image on the web version but not on the windows version. On the windows version I only get an option to paste.

Link to comment

I've not looked at images within webclips at all. All my comments above are for images added to a normal note.

Looking now at images in webclips I can drag and drop them onto my desktop from either the Windows or web version. Copy and pasting doesn't work  from either. So not really any different from images simply added to a note.

Link to comment

I'm done.  I'm literally taking screenshots of my screenshots saved on my Evernote pages in order to drop them into other docs (Word, etc.). Between this issue and the inability to create sub folders / hierarchies I'm going back to OneNote.  Sorry EN team, I really, really wanted to like this tool but I"m finding too many limitations.

Link to comment
  • 10 months later...

Copying images from Evernote to use them in other Windows apps is not working for me neither on Web or Desktop (version 10.24.4-win-ddl-public -2893).

This is very frustrating since the only way to take images out seems to be through screenshots or downloading them, which is time consuming and not user-friendly at all.

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5

THere seems to be a small improvement in v10.23 on Windows at least.  I can now right click an image, for example, and then paste it into a Word document.  Drag and Drop doesn't work but copy and paste seems to...

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...