Checkbox

pansovic

Idea

19 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, pansovic said:

In the previous version when I had a checkbox and type and press enter automatically appears another checkbox and can easily add the second item. 

Now after enter it´s without a new checkbox so you have to add for each line manually a new checkbox. 

You might want to switch to the new Checklist feature   
https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005597-Create-a-checklist

1 minute ago, pansovic said:

Is it not confusing to have two options for a checkbox, or does the checkbox in the Insert menu has a different function?

They look quite different. Some people hate the crossing out of the new checklist while I like it. I should imagine going forward most people will use the new checklist because it is more obvious on the edit menu and being a list you get the really nice ability to reorder the list by drag and drop.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, pansovic said:

Is it not confusing to have two options for a checkbox, or does the checkbox in the Insert menu has a different function?

One is a checkbox, useable anywhere in your text   
The other is a list  
- checkboxes replace bullets    
- drag and drop
- when checked, the contents get strikethru

• Level 5

There is one more aspect: With checklists, there is one box per line, and always at the front of the text. This is fine for stuff like a ToDo-list. I really like the strikeout-feature ("Take that, evil task !")

Checkboxes can be freely placed, mixed with text, and there can be more than just one in a line. So it is possible to build sort of a form, not only a list. Maybe nice for templates of more complex checklists, that do not follow a linear logic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello,

While checklists can be useful, i miss a lot checkbox. It is one of the feature i use the most on evernote : everywhere i want, on the same ligne or multiple box following.

Is it possible to use them again or are they definitively gone ?

Thanks

1 hour ago, nonobio said:

While checklists can be useful, i miss a lot checkbox. It is one of the feature i use the most on evernote : everywhere i want, on the same ligne or multiple box following.

Is it possible to use them again or are they definitively gone ?

Checkbox is still there. It's under the blue Insert button towards the top right of a note.

44 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Checkbox is still there. It's under the blue Insert button towards the top right of a note.

Or you can still type <open square bracket><close square bracket> provided you are not at the beginning of a line. You can add a space before if you are at the beginning of a line

2 hours ago, Jon/t said:

1 hour ago, Mike P said:

Or you can still type <open square bracket><close square bracket> provided you are not at the beginning of a line. You can add a space before if you are at the beginning of a line

Thanks for your tips.

But i was used to use the shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + C but is is now assigned to Checklist. Is there another shortcut ?

And if i insert a checkbox and type a word, after typing Enter : the checkbox is converted to checklist :( . Is it possible to avoid that ?

29 minutes ago, nonobio said:

And if i insert a checkbox and type a word, after typing Enter : the checkbox is converted to checklist :( . Is it possible to avoid that ?

I don't think so.... just hit backspace and it removes the checklist box on the new line.

1 hour ago, nonobio said:

As I said:

2 hours ago, Mike P said:

You can add a space before if you are at the beginning of a line

13 hours ago, Jon/t said:

I don't think so.... just hit backspace and it removes the checklist box on the new line.

Yes it works : i have to hit backspace then enter and this second time, the checkbox isn't converter. I also found a quicker way : using Shift + Enter does the same thing.

But it isn't coneviant for me. Shift + Enter is quick, ok, but i miss a quick way (shortcut) to add a checkbox. 

12 hours ago, Mike P said:
15 hours ago, Mike P said:

You can add a space before if you are at the beginning of a line

Ok but even if i use the space then <open square bracket><close square bracket>, the checkbox isn't aligned to the precedent line :( 

Maybe i could use Checklist instead of Checkbox if text wasn't automaticly strikethrough.

An option to enable/disable strikethrough on check could be useful.