Give Feedback

jmdemers

Idea

Hello Guys,

I truly have a relation of love and hate with Evernote. Her I will tell what from my sens should obviously fix.

• Password - No cloud editing tool allows this, but I want to be able to create a note protected by a password. A  note with edition with pictures, dote list, anchor lings, etc. We can only open them with a password. Drive, Paper doc or Evernote don't allow it. I don't understand with; some privacy is mandatory. I know the encryption tool in Evernote but only work with flat text so painful to use. I would prefer full file protection or better a full notebook password protection. It will give more freedom to the user. On our days any coworkers or family members can find a way to spy all our clouds. So I dream of having someone who offers double passwords protection, one for my overall account and the second one for a special folder (notebook) and files (note).
  • Insert Image and editing - Image in a note a quite chaotic with Evernote, no matter what I do it always looks like a mess. I would love having the ability to define preset thumbnail size. To resize faster images. Also, my notes become very heavy very fast with few images, so I would prefer having no limitation about some image fast preview with a small thumbnail.
  • Image editing - I would like having a faster image editing tool. The main function is crop and rotation. Why not make it better intuitive and faster. Also sometimes adding text is useful. 
  • Paper Inspiration and Notion - I would love to see Evernote offering same quick insert tool as Notion and Paper Dropbox, like quick insert link between notes without having copy past manually all time, so waste of time. I like the way we can drag and drop an image in Dropbox with clean 3 column image, but in the paper don't like we can resize the image, but I like clean organize feeling. 
  • Styles - Why no styles for heading, it's so painful and make everything look chaotic again. I like so much Paper Dropbox shortcuts on this.
  • Image Caption - As notion and Paper doc I want image captions, to make my files cleaner. The notion is so innovative with allowing content on 2-3 columns or more.
  • Grammarly - I want use Grammarly in Evernote.
  • Feedback - Like all Google Technologies, I believe Evernote should have a quick "feedback" link everywhere to send feedback. It's so hard to find a way to send spontaneous idea. Not surprising Evernote doesn't seem to involve so much.

I love Evernote, but seriously I feel Evernote if freeze in the past. I enjoy so much better Paper DropBox and Notion. I feel Evernote can do so much with those great innovations. 

My list of feature can be longer, but I stop her, but by the time other organizations continue to innovate during Evernote bring new logo quite disappointing as long time user who wants see notable improvement in my user experience. 

JM

•  

• Like 2

19 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
46 minutes ago, jmdemers said:

I truly have a relation of love and hate with Evernote. Her I will tell what from my sens should obviously fix.

• Password - No cloud editing tool allows this, but I want to be able to create a note protected by a password. A  note with edition with pictures, dote list, anchor lings, etc. We can only open them with a password. Drive, Paper doc or Evernote don't allow it. I don't understand with; some privacy is mandatory. I know the encryption tool in Evernote but only work with flat text so painful to use. I would prefer full file protection or better a full notebook password protection. It will give more freedom to the user. On our days any coworkers or family members can find a way to spy all our clouds. So I dream of having someone who offers double passwords protection, one for my overall account and the second one for a special folder (notebook) and files (note).
  • Insert Image and editing - Image in a note a quite chaotic with Evernote, no matter what I do it always looks like a mess. I would love having the ability to define preset thumbnail size. To resize faster images. Also, my notes become very heavy very fast with few images, so I would prefer having no limitation about some image fast preview with a small thumbnail.
  • Image editing - I would like having a faster image editing tool. The main function is crop and rotation. Why not make it better intuitive and faster. Also sometimes adding text is useful. 
  • Paper Inspiration and Notion - I would love to see Evernote offering same quick insert tool as Notion and Paper Dropbox, like quick insert link between notes without having copy past manually all time, so waste of time. I like the way we can drag and drop an image in Dropbox with clean 3 column image, but in the paper don't like we can resize the image, but I like clean organize feeling. 
  • Styles - Why no styles for heading, it's so painful and make everything look chaotic again. I like so much Paper Dropbox shortcuts on this.
  • Image Caption - As notion and Paper doc I want image captions, to make my files cleaner. The notion is so innovative with allowing content on 2-3 columns or more.
  • Grammarly - I want use Grammarly in Evernote.
  • Feedback - Like all Google Technologies, I believe Evernote should have a quick "feedback" link everywhere to send feedback. It's so hard to find a way to send spontaneous idea. Not surprising Evernote doesn't seem to involve so much.

I love Evernote, but seriously I feel Evernote if freeze in the past. I enjoy so much better Paper DropBox and Notion. I feel Evernote can do so much with those great innovations. 

My list of feature can be longer, but I stop her, but by the time other organizations continue to innovate during Evernote bring new logo quite disappointing as long time user who wants see notable improvement in my user experience. 

JM

It would be better to post your points as separate posts.  They can then be processed as feature requests

>>I want to be able to create a note protected by a password

Evernote only supports a basic text encryption feature.
There are other requests for notebook or database incryption; so far Evernote has not indicated an interest

I protect my sensitive data using the native encryption in attachments; pdfs, office/iwork documents, ...

Sound too much complicated, if they don't know how to get and manage feedback from the user. It's up to them to lose all this knowledge. I don't have more time to waste as finding the right place to post ideas it was already complicated to send it somewhere. 

You can transfer it right place if you can, thank you as well for reply me. 

JM

On 10/3/2018 at 8:58 PM, DTLow said:

It would be better to post your points as separate posts.  They can then be processed as feature requests

>>I want to be able to create a note protected by a password

Evernote only supports a basic text encryption feature.
There are other requests for notebook or database incryption; so far Evernote has not indicated an interest

I protect my sensitive data using the native encryption in attachments; pdfs, office/iwork documents, ...

Request for Grammarly- I want it 

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, Timm27 said:

For the record, the current version of Notes on macOS+iOS allows you to encrypt specific notes with a password.

Actually Evernote only supports encryption of specific text within a note

I also use the native encryption of attachments; pfds, ...

Windows 10 update v 10.1.7 build 1902 public
Editor: v109.0.14125

Very slow at times. Right click on a note and context menu is often slow to appear. I try clicking on another note then back ... doesn't always help. Moving a note to trash is very slow.

I get the feeling that nice new animations are getting in the way.

Other problems too (reported as a bug already, so here just for info) ...

1 - view all notes

2 - apply filter

3 Ctrl+N

Should create a new note, in a new window, with the current tag added, and without removing the filter in the main window.

Instead, it now clears the filter, adds a new note in the main window. It adds the tag ok, but I have to apply the filter again.

Another problem - I had capslock on while doing this ... sometimes (not repeatable) it creates 2 new notes.

Hello!  The most recent iOS Update is great!  But it removed two features I use frequently and it is making my work flow more difficult.

1. Adding a tag to a note when creating the note via the iOS "share" button in other apps.  Like when I am clipping a website from safari.  I like to add a tag, not just a title.  This was a feature previously.

2. I create a lot of checklists, and before I was able to continue adding new checkboxes just by entering a new line (like on desktop).  This is no longer a feature.

Thank you!

On 11/6/2020 at 4:36 PM, J_J said:

2. I create a lot of checklists, and before I was able to continue adding new checkboxes just by entering a new line (like on desktop).  This is no longer a feature.

I believe this is still available, it just functions differently from the old version.

If you go into the lists button/dropdown (the three lines beginning with bullet points), do you see “Cheklist” as an option? That’ll give you back your checklists.

Somewhere I remember EN/Ian describing how checklists has been segregated from the ability to add a single checkbox (which can be done from the + (plus) button). I actually like this implementation as I rarely use checklists but love to throw in a checkbox here and there.

I would so LOVE it if you could allow me to drag and drop an email into a note just like I can do with a PDF or an excel file.  Using Windows Evernote primarily, I find integrating emails with my notes to be so cumbersome as to be useless so I end up cutting and pasting text from emails which is incredibly inefficient.  Can't we pls fix that as it would UBER useful. Thank you.

I love using evernote. I’ve been a subscriber for a year now, and I rely on it as part of my day to day workflow.

I’ve noticed over the past couple months that evernote keeps making duplicate copies. This happens when I’m editing a note. It seems to happen equally whether or not I access it from my laptop or my phone. 

I’m operating out of a fairly recent macbook with the most uptodate macOS. Same with my iphone.

It’s frustrating having to go through the two notes and reconcile recent updates manually. This wasn’t happening a year ago. 

Is there something on my end? Or is this a bug still waiting to be fixed?

“Scale note body size" is URGENTLY needed on iOS/iPadOS, because it doesn't support Apple's dynamic text feature. Enlarging text size in iOS settings will only result in larger fonts in menus, not in note bodies. Please support dynamic text or re-introduce the slider "Scale note body size" (as can be found in apps like Devonthink To Go). Otherwise I'll have to think of migrating to Devonthink or even Apple Notes (which can't compete with Evernote when it comes to features). 

Too many updates!

I use the Evernote Mac desktop app as well as the iphone app.  The Mac app seems like it's CONSTANTLY prompting me for updates, often interrupting other work.  It's annoying!  You devs may be proud of your latest bug fixes and features, but we users don't care that much.  It's a notepad.  It works.  Very simple.  Stop annoying us with updates all the time.

How often do you update it?  Divide that by 10 please.

Also, the process of logging into this feedback page was SUPER ANNOYING.  WAY too many steps.  I can't log in with my regular account because I'm already using Evernote on two devices.  I don't want to use it in the browser, I just want to send some feedback.  Don't make it impossible, please.

Other users:  Do you know another good cloud notepad that doesn't bug you with updates all the time?  Looking around.

• Level 5

We had this - an update every year, and sometimes an easteregg as a surprise. It is called legacy now, and it was not „the good old times“. We urgently waited for the next update, because there were bugs running for a year - and when they were not fixed with the next update, for another year.

You now get an update on the desktop every 2-3 weeks. Hey, they WORK hard for the money you pay.

If you start EN right away in the morning (this is why they added this fancy Home Screen dashboard), you get the notification then. If you update when notified, that’s it for the next fortnight (or so).

If you don’t update, you decide to ignore the night hours in front of the screen - the cold pizza slices - the stale tin of coke, opened 2 days before. All this to make you happy to be able to update again. A little nagging seems perfectly fair for me, don’t you think ?

Afterthought: If you want to send your message to EN PM, use the feedback function in the clients. They will not make fun of you - they will not answer at all (but collect, read and structure everything, they promised …).

If I have a stack with "1. January", "2. February", "3. March", …, "12. December" as notebooks, they are well ordered in the Notebooks section. But if I add the stack to shortcuts, they are ordered "1. January", "10. October", "11. November", "12. December", "2. February", "3. March", etc.

• Level 5

Sorry to say it bluntly: It makes no sense at all to have notebooks named like this. It is completely beside the point of organizational concepts provided with EN.

Use tags, reminders or tasks to organize by dates. Some use a standard title blueprint to sort by date.

This said, issue a support ticket if you think a change should be coded. The forum is user2user.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Andrei Ionescu said:

If I have a stack with "1. January", "2. February", "3. March", …, "12. December" as notebooks, they are well ordered in the Notebooks section. But if I add the stack to shortcuts, they are ordered "1. January", "10. October", "11. November", "12. December", "2. February", "3. March", etc.

Use two digits for the month numbers; 01. January, 02. February, 03. March, ..., 12. December

Please allow us to insert a table as an element of a table (nested tables).  AFAIK, this is possible in HTML and should be possible in ENML.  This would allow for much more complexity in documents.

Gary Walborn (Evernote user since 2008)

• Evernote Expert

That's an OS setting. Share feedback opens a blank Email addressed to feedback@evernote.com

It looks like your OS is set to open a browser window rather than an Email account Windows by default.