doex

Featurerequest - merging notes on iOS

Idea

Hi,

it would be really useful if it would be possible to merges serveral selected notes together to one note as it is already possible on the desktop-clients.

I think this would improve productivity alot as I often have several notes at the start and then I merge them together to one note as they have the same context.

Thank you.

• Like 1

14 replies to this idea

I second the request for this feature. I use it all the time on the Mac app and it would be invaluable on iOS.

• Like 3

Using another app would force me to switch context. It would be a much better workflow if it would work within Evernote. Also it should not be that complicated to be implemented.

Thanks for the feedback - we'll consider for a future release.

Cheers,
Chuck

• Like 1

100% need this feature. I use iPad Pro exclusively almost for work and my team are always adding new notes for the same project. It would be awesome please to be able to select and merge, without the annoying large grey dividing banners.

• Like 1

+1 

I also use my iPad Pro a lot for creating and  organizing within Evernote and the merge note feature is something that I often find myself missing. 

• Like 1

I wish Evernote make it possible for merging notes within using the Iphone and Ipad please. This would greatly be appreciated. 

I'm using this a lot on my mac and windows laptops. I'd use it a lot if we have in iOS too.

Also really would like this feature... I collect a lot of stuff using clippimg and mail forward that I later process on my ipad. Currently I have to wait to I get to my desktop.

Thanks for a great product.

Merging notes on Evernote is permanently broken on Mac, so I wouldn't trust them to get it right on iOS.

1 minute ago, pgdahl said:

Merging notes on Evernote is permanently broken on Mac, 

I use the Mac Merge feature all the time.  I haven't found it broken, although some users have trouble comprehending the merge sequence

15 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I use the Mac Merge feature all the time.  I haven't found it broken, although some users have trouble comprehending the merge sequence

The merge sequence is a bug in my opinion. However, not a big issue to me personally.

But the duplication of the titles. I've made many complaints about this already, just search for my posts.

The gist is that Evernote inserts a grey bar repeating the title of the first note perpetually.

3 hours ago, pgdahl said:

But the duplication of the titles. I've made many complaints about this already, just search for my posts.

The gist is that Evernote inserts a grey bar repeating the title of the first note perpetually.

The current Mac merge function inserts a 58f9290a267eb_ScreenShot2017-04-20at2_31_28PM.png.ff6a4b6d5b2e26864a810da067795dd3.png
header above every merged note

Usually, I don't require it and delete it (table delete)

edited: Just realized we're in the iOS forum.  We should move to the Mac forum if you're interested in discussing this further