Featurerequest - merging notes on iOS

doex

Idea

Hi,

it would be really useful if it would be possible to merges serveral selected notes together to one note as it is already possible on the desktop-clients.

I think this would improve productivity alot as I often have several notes at the start and then I merge them together to one note as they have the same context.

Thank you.

14 replies to this idea

Using another app would force me to switch context. It would be a much better workflow if it would work within Evernote. Also it should not be that complicated to be implemented.

100% need this feature. I use iPad Pro exclusively almost for work and my team are always adding new notes for the same project. It would be awesome please to be able to select and merge, without the annoying large grey dividing banners.

Also really would like this feature... I collect a lot of stuff using clippimg and mail forward that I later process on my ipad. Currently I have to wait to I get to my desktop.

Thanks for a great product.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, pgdahl said:

Merging notes on Evernote is permanently broken on Mac, 

I use the Mac Merge feature all the time.  I haven't found it broken, although some users have trouble comprehending the merge sequence

15 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I use the Mac Merge feature all the time.  I haven't found it broken, although some users have trouble comprehending the merge sequence

The merge sequence is a bug in my opinion. However, not a big issue to me personally.

But the duplication of the titles. I've made many complaints about this already, just search for my posts.

The gist is that Evernote inserts a grey bar repeating the title of the first note perpetually.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, pgdahl said:

But the duplication of the titles. I've made many complaints about this already, just search for my posts.

The gist is that Evernote inserts a grey bar repeating the title of the first note perpetually.

The current Mac merge function inserts a 58f9290a267eb_ScreenShot2017-04-20at2_31_28PM.png.ff6a4b6d5b2e26864a810da067795dd3.png
header above every merged note

Usually, I don't require it and delete it (table delete)

edited: Just realized we're in the iOS forum.  We should move to the Mac forum if you're interested in discussing this further

Archived