How do I revert back to previous version of Everynote

Jwajc

Idea

14 replies to this idea

I'm Looking for the same answer.   How about the 2 Chat buttons being given prime real estate at the top ? And the notes nav which is the most important button being pushed to the bottom ?   - what is up with these guys ? .. all the enterprise "enhancements" belong in the business version stop breaking what was working fine .  smh 

Redownload an older version here. Remove the current version using AppCleaner or something like it. Install. Sync.

Thank you for the advice. Worked for me. I've made sure to turn off updates on Evernote until this gets sorted out. Customisable themes would be a nice add-on actually.

Evernote could do with an interface update, but the Yosemite direction is just painful.

• Level 5*

I just downloaded the new version of evernote and hate it because all the color is gone. I wouldn't have done downloaded it if I had known. How can I revert back to the previous version of Evernote?

Thanks, Joanie

If you want to go all the way back before this last big complete rewrite (5.6, 5.7, 6) of Evernote to Ver 5.5.2, see these instructions by Evernote employee Jackolicious:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/67533-evernote-for-mac-56/page-4#entry304615

OK, so Yosemite is similar to iOS 7 and above in terms of colours. How come the iPad Evernote uses the beautiful connection of green, grey and white. It looks premium on my ipad, the icons are well crafted, etc. I just like to work in this app.

Is the new iPad version going to be grey and white? Ugh...

I grabbed a copy of 5.7.2 from this official post

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/73764-evernote-for-mac-v572-released/

HOWEVER 6.0.x migrates your database. If you don't use/have any "unique" local information and don't mind Evernote downloading everything, you can remove the 6.x database and settings and start again. For testing I just added a ".6" on the end of the following to "hide" the v6 files from v5

~/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote

~/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.EvernoteHelper

~/Library/Application Support/Evernote

~/Library/Caches/com.evernote.edam.usage

~/Library/Caches/com.evernote.Evernote

~/Library/Caches/com.evernote.EvernoteHelper

~/Library/CoreData/com.evernote.Evernote

This "worked" for me, and is not necessarily an exhaustive list so may not work for everyone, and be sure to quit Evernote AND the menu bar helper before removing/renaming these. I renamed in case something "bad" happened and I could rename things back again.

Better option is probably to try and stick it out (or use web UI) and see how much is resolved in the coming days/weeks - the Evernote team ARE reading the comments.

This "worked" for me, and is not necessarily an exhaustive list so may not work for everyone, and be sure to quit Evernote AND the menu bar helper before removing/renaming these. I renamed in case something "bad" happened and I could rename things back again.

Didn't work here, 5.7.2 still complains that about notes being managed by a newer version. Quite frankly, I was horrified by this list to begin with ... this is, from my perspective, a store for richtext files. Why is there all of this infrastructure? Answer: because of all the features I don't need.

Didn't work here, 5.7.2 still complains that about notes being managed by a newer version. Quite frankly, I was horrified by this list to begin with ... this is, from my perspective, a store for richtext files. Why is there all of this infrastructure? Answer: because of all the features I don't need.

Hi osx4ever,

Did you run AppCleaner? I had the same problem until I tried that. However, you should make sure that your notes are synced online first by going to the Evernote website and looking at your notes there.

I don't know what these added infrastructure items do either, but perhaps it has something to do with indexing, which helps for example with suggesting similar posts etc. Which you may or may not need, but it's not like they're useless.

I followed various suggestions about and now have 5.5.2. Woohoo!!! So freaking much better. 5.7.2 was being too annoying with the "newer version installed" thingy. Didn't feel like working thru that. 5.5.2 has it's own separate storage location in ~/Library so much better route.

OMG!! Is 5.5.2 easier on my eyes!! Darker grays, light black, GREEN INSTEAD OF THAT UGLY ASS BLUE for tags, dates, etc. Phew! I really thought I would have to find an EN alternative.

I'm not surprised to see some of you wanted to have the previous theme. While striving to be consistent with Yosemite's translucent/transparent design, I do not think Evernote looked beautiful with this latest iteration

To Evernote developers, if you could at least give us an option to choose themes (like in the iOS version), it would be much appreciated. If not, then I guess we have to live it. Won't take long for me to get used to it anyway.

Thank you! This made my day!

I´ve been using Evernote every day for years and after upgrading to 6.0.6 I was... lost. The magic was gone.

Previously when I used PC and tried to get started with Evernote I never really managed to. There was something about I didn't like.

When I started using Mac a few years back and saw what the app looked like in Mac I was thrilled. And since then we´ve been best buddies.

When upgrading to the 6.0.6 (and ugly Yosemite look) I was drawn back a few years in time and have that PC-look of my Evernote again.

Everything in a white or more white sort of shape.

Before giving up I googled and found this topic.

I downloaded an older version and I am very glad that I now have MY Evernote back again.  :D

Archived