Evernote for Windows 6.22 beta 2

Iriska

• Ex Employees
Today we released Windows 6.22 beta 2. It's available here!

What's in 6.22 beta 2?

Fixed:
- Sometimes the app crashes when clicking on notes in the Note list
- Evernote freezes when opening images pasted from Snipping Tools
- App becomes unresponsive and fails to save note edits after adding hyperlink with UNC path
- Notebook that contains note link shows with "0 notes found" when clicking on a note link in a tagged note
- Note list is empty/cut off in the notebook that contains linked note when opening a note link in a reminder note from "All notes" list
- Text change in the upgrade window
  • Like 2
  • Iriska pinned this topic

Got a small issue since the upgrade. After the upgrade, I cannot expand or close some tags or parent tags. No matter if I click on the triangle or near it (see attached video). It only affect the tag view, everything works as normal in the menu.

Evernote.avi

Update: A little more info on this. Restart of the Windows app solved it on my workstation. It still does it on my laptop, even after restarting the Windows app, rebooting and reinstalling the Evernote client. (Windows v10.0.018363 on both machines). Another thing I noticed on my desktop. After restarting the desktop app, the tags in the menu were expanded, just the way they were in the tag view. On the laptop, the tags in the menu were still closed (but in the view they were still expanded).

Edited by 40nv
Update
  • Level 5*

Two things - 

1 - I had a crash (apparently) - started my system earlier and got a Fatal Error window instead of Evernote.  AFAIK I think I shut down Evernote normally last night,  and it didn't even flicker before I saw the FE window so I don't know exactly when or how it happened.  Report sent earlier anyway,  so we'll see what happens.

2 - There's an oddity when adding a link by drag and drop.  I dragged one recent link into my note quite happily,  then found I could not drag a second:  so I used the paperclip,  which worked fine.  Why can't I drag and drop twice?  (The first link was a shortcut to a label editor,  the second was a short label editor LBX file)

• 2 weeks later...

Most of my notebooks are missing. I read the sticky on this, but honestly, I have a hard time being a beta tester on something that broken. Fyi, I am using an 'approved' browser; the latest version of Chrome. 

I'll check back in a day or two. 

• 2 weeks later...

WEB CLIPPER ISSUE 

Not sure when this took place (not with the update from yesterday that is sure), but first it makes no sense (for reason of space) and secondly it has nothing to do with a simplified clip format. If choosing simplified or "without formatting" the meaning of  that is clear: Not want a formatted note. PLAIN. Just formatted in a "unformatted" Evernote Note :))) Look at this, to know what I mean:

The clippers remark on the top shows the effective note wide, underneath the clipped note in not that plain manner and there is no way to change it after clipping (by right click > simplify or remove format)...

Is that on purpose or accidentally changed. I do not find it thrilling, honestly.... 
It's (in my case) the most used format to clip content as it removes all the annoying things web dev's might implement in a side. Reducing the content to it's purest form...And that is brilliant.

Vivaldi-Vivaldi Evernote.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Just had my monthly crash - this time when I powered my system on.  I have a batch file that opens a bunch of standard apps - Outlook, Evernote, Vivaldi, VPN and as soon as that ran Evernote's Fatal Error window popped up.  AFAIK I closed it down normally last night,  so when things crashed I have no idea.

To add some small insult to injury I opened a note in a separate window after the app started up,  then deleted the note from the main window,  without closing the separate note window.  Now I can't close that window...  presume I'll have to restart Evernote to clear my desktop...

I don't like Mondays.  Beginning to dislike Tuesdays too... 😠

• Level 5*

Not a good week - crashed again,  this time while I was setting up a new Stack.  Completed the FE window,  restarted and my stack was still there (phew) but as New Stack 2,  not the name I had been in the process of assigning.  No excess load on the system,  and I wasn't moving things around too much - just putting an existing notebook into a new stack...  🙁

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2019 at 9:04 AM, prascal@gmx.net said:

WEB CLIPPER ISSUE 

Not sure when this took place (not with the update from yesterday that is sure), but first it makes no sense (for reason of space) and secondly it has nothing to do with a simplified clip format. If choosing simplified or "without formatting" the meaning of  that is clear: Not want a formatted note. PLAIN. Just formatted in a "unformatted" Evernote Note :))) Look at this, to know what I mean:

The clippers remark on the top shows the effective note wide, underneath the clipped note in not that plain manner and there is no way to change it after clipping (by right click > simplify or remove format)...

Is that on purpose or accidentally changed. I do not find it thrilling, honestly.... 
It's (in my case) the most used format to clip content as it removes all the annoying things web dev's might implement in a side. Reducing the content to it's purest form...And that is brilliant.

Vivaldi-Vivaldi Evernote.jpg

Evernote Note.png