New update broke font rendering in High Sierra

Yup. There is is. And yes, I too am running High Sierra on both an iMac desktop, and an MBAir. And it all looks just as awful as your screenshot. Thanks for posting. Meanwhile, I have found no way to contact Evernote, as all pathways also seem to have problems. If you get any feedback, perhaps you could share again.

2 minutes ago, GMacdonald said:

Yup. There is is. And yes, I too am running High Sierra on both an iMac desktop, and an MBAir. And it all looks just as awful as your screenshot. Thanks for posting. Meanwhile, I have found no way to contact Evernote, as all pathways also seem to have problems. If you get any feedback, perhaps you could share again.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Nick L. said:

Thanks for reporting this issue. We're currently aware of it and will be looking to resolve as soon as possible. This beta post  highlights this issue as well as some other pressing ones we're aiming to fix by version 7.7. 

Thanks,

Thank you!

On 11/12/2018 at 19:22, evernote-user-178 dijo:

While we're waiting for 7.7, could Evernote provide downloads to earlier releases so we can use it without the font rendering issue?

Hi, same problem here with High Sierra. It would be great if we can downgrade Evernote software to previous release in the meantime. Anyone has found a link?

On 12/11/2018 at 10:22 AM, evernote-user-178 said:

While we're waiting for 7.7, could Evernote provide downloads to earlier releases so we can use it without the font rendering issue?

On 12/13/2018 at 12:13 AM, jose-r said:

Hi, same problem here with High Sierra. It would be great if we can downgrade Evernote software to previous release in the meantime. Anyone has found a link?

See these 2 posts:

On 11/28/2018 at 10:22 AM, RTnotes said:

I found version 7.5.2 on cdn1.evernote.com : dmg, zip.

However, I think it would require me to completely delete all my notes that have been downloaded locally.  I had tried to downgrade and the (older) Evernote app said that my data was being managed with a later version).  Since I wasn't quite ready to do that (and I wasn't sure that I would get all of the folders/directories and files), I upgraded to 7.6 again.

Given the work-around above, i.e. opening a note in a new editor window (i.e. double-clicking on a note or right click --> Open Note in New Window), version 7.6 is fine for now.  If only it would work the same in the main editor window ...

On 11/28/2018 at 11:39 AM, DTLow said:

Yes; the database and app usually have to be the same version.

My process is to delete the database folder.  It will be rebuilt from the server when I login (except for Local Notebooks)

• 3 weeks later...
hace 7 horas, Simon Thomas dijo:

Recently installed High Sierra on my 2011 iMac and with the Evernote 7.7 update got the same ugly font rendering/aliasing issue as mentioned above. Please prioritise a fix for the next update as font rendering is fundamental to usability.

Same happened to me: iMac mid 2010 updated to High Sierra suffers bad font rendering, while MBP end 2011 that remains in Sierra has a normal font view.

this issue is lasting too long in my oppinion, and should have already  been corrected.

For me the biggest issue here is, it's a known problem since mid-November... we are in mid-January and the solution isn't even being tested in the Beta channel. Sometimes I feel that Evernote focuses too much in design changes in the fiel of aesthetics instead of work on usability. 

• Like 2
hace 1 hora, lpuerto dijo:

For me the biggest issue here is, it's a known problem since mid-November... we are in mid-January and the solution isn't even being tested in the Beta channel. Sometimes I feel that Evernote focuses too much in design changes in the fiel of aesthetics instead of work on usability. 

I agree

• 2 weeks later...

Was this ever fixed !? Initial posting was in November of last year!!! 

Is it time to look for an alternative to Evernote? Things are getting worse from one version to another, with useless features and it seems breaking the product  itself! 

20 hours ago, BV76BiG said:

Was this ever fixed !? Initial posting was in November of last year!!! 

Is it time to look for an alternative to Evernote? Things are getting worse from one version to another, with useless features and it seems breaking the product  itself! 

No, it has never been fixed ...  Indeed, I'm afraid it is time to leave and look for an alternative.  I give them just one more upgrade to fix the issue, if not fixed ...

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 1/30/2019 at 3:06 PM, DominiekC said:

No, it has never been fixed ...  Indeed, I'm afraid it is time to leave and look for an alternative.  I give them just one more upgrade to fix the issue, if not fixed ...

No Luck on 7.9 either as the problem is well known to them ... 

See their reply ...  so it are we blasting this on Tweeter and every where else and head out ?!!

"Hi Leo,

Thank you for reaching out again. Also, I appreciate the additional information you've provided.

I understand that it's a known issue of updated Evernote version on Mac devices.

Our technical team is working on a fix for this, and we're planning to address it in an upcoming release.

Should you have outstanding questions, you may feel free to get back to us and we'll assist you accordingly.

Sincerely,

Haidee S.
Customer Support Representative" 

I've given them one more upgrade to fix the issue.  It is not fixed in version 7.9 ... so I've cancelled my Premium subscription and I've migrated all my notes to Notion.  

I have had enough patience !

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

just sharing some workaround: Install 'nativefier' using homebrew, than convert https://evernote.com into app. Now you can use the webapp like a native app and the text will not be wrong. I know that is not the same thing, but its only way that i found. I hate so much this text bug, but i love evernote and i can't use another application.

install homebrew: https://brew.sh/index_pt-br
nativefier link: https://github.com/jiahaog/nativefier
1- install homebrew,
2 - install nativefier: open terminal and run: brew install nativefier
3 - than you can convert the webapp, run in terminal: nativefier https://evernote.com

nativefier will create the application on the home folder, than you can move the application to your applications folder.

sorry if something is wrong with the text, English is not my first language.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Amazing. It's been over a year since this post was originally made, we've had MANY updates since then and this issue still hasn't been resolved. I've actually had better customer service from Walmart than from Evernote. Like others have said, I think it's time to move on from this app.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

I've only just encountered this problem (Oct 2020, version-7.14) and it seems only to effect code blocks that I have pasted in from MacDown.  Also, these same code blocks are not blurred on the web app so I'm hopeful this is an easy fix.

I was wondering if this problem was something anyone else has just started to experience and whether there is a solution.  

Thanks

• 2 months later...
On 10/7/2020 at 11:28 AM, mcmullan0 said:

Hi,

I've only just encountered this problem (Oct 2020, version-7.14) and it seems only to effect code blocks that I have pasted in from MacDown.  Also, these same code blocks are not blurred on the web app so I'm hopeful this is an easy fix.

I was wondering if this problem was something anyone else has just started to experience and whether there is a solution.  

Thanks

Just a quick update, not solved but a further problem occurred that macdown text  copied in to a note somehow made the note too large to upload.  I'm not sure if this is related to the blurring.  I did find that if I copied the text directly into the note online, it went in fine.

It would be good if the Team could address this blurring issue as I continue to use Evernote in the hope that it gets solved and my notes become readable again.  Perhaps others could suggest alternatives to Evernote, also with methods of transfer?

Thanks