Is it possible to embed YouTube videos within notes?

Evernote does not embed YouTube videos via the web clipper... but if you use the Evernote web clipper while on YouTube itself, you can clip the cover image with a play button... which looks like an embedded video, but really just has an embedded link to the YouTube video. 

• Like 5
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Same with Web Clipper 6.9 (e979351/1.1.0.926) in Evernote 6.8. The image is without play button and link.
Does anyone know if the feature will come back in a future version, or if at least the user will have the choice to enable it in the settings?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Level 5

In my opinion, the Evernote web clipper does a fine job capturing YouTube clips and the supporting information. I don't want large embedded video files clogging up the program on my desktop.

With one click, the clipper includes 

• an image of the video
  • the title of the video 
  • active link to the video
  • description of the video
  • number of views
  • date published

http://www.evernote.com/l/AAK_GhyFiO5OgYgP2EiAIHf_6qRDwJ2mRZs/

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I'm a long-time evernote premium user, and I agree that I like keeping evernote lean and mean. I think embedding videos directly is a bad idea. 

BUT .... for some of my work, I've started shifting over to Dropbox PAPER for 2 reasons: 1) collaboration works better 2) embedding videos via URL is seamless. AND dropbox PAPER is FREE! 

Can we "fix" evernote so that it's able to do something like dropbox paper? [[ Automatically pops up video image and plays within app when clicking on video simply by pasting a url ]]

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Somewhere in this forum, over same topic, I found one Mod talking about copyright issues on embedding YouTube videos in notes of Evernote. 

I would opine, copyright issues are owned by YouTube folks. Evernote helps in embedding those videos in notes for reference. If a YouTube video has copyright issues, YouTube tech team removes it and hence it should not get displayed in the same note later. 

It looks absolutely futile to get a YouTube link and then go to separate window to watch it, when you are premium paying member. 

Alternatively OneNote, Dropbox and many others help in viewing videos directly in the note. I am unable to gather, why Evernote is not moving it's position to be in line with these requirements. 

There can always be limited functionality though. 

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/3/2017 at 3:31 PM, chewy said:

I'm a long-time evernote premium user, and I agree that I like keeping evernote lean and mean. I think embedding videos directly is a bad idea. 

BUT .... for some of my work, I've started shifting over to Dropbox PAPER for 2 reasons: 1) collaboration works better 2) embedding videos via URL is seamless. AND dropbox PAPER is FREE! 

Can we "fix" evernote so that it's able to do something like dropbox paper? [[ Automatically pops up video image and plays within app when clicking on video simply by pasting a url ]]

I know this post is old but I do this as well. I have been an Evernote user for a long time. I am in sales and find that I have been using Dropbox Paper because works better for sharing videos and documents with customers. The presentation is so much nicer.  I just wish EN would catch up with some of these features. I would prefer to use less tools for the job  

• 3 months later...

+1 on this, despite it first being suggested 4 years ago...

I don't see a reason why embedded videos would slow down the platform / go against Evernote's "lean and mean" style:  you would simply be streaming the video via the video platform when the note is displayed, so the video shouldn't be occupying any storage/operating resources?

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...