Email Evernote with Reminder?

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to send emails to Evernote with a reminder already set up? I know you can assign the Folder using "@" and tags "#" just wondered if you could also set a reminder.

Would be awesome if you could

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if you send an email to your evernote account you can use the"!" to set the reminder.
So if you want to set a reminder for the 23rd of august you put in the subject: !2013/08/23 

To add tags use #[name rage]

to add notebooks use @[name notebook]

You can also use some special words, such as "tomorrow", "1week", and "[dayofweek]" eg "sunday"

for example, a subject line of "!monday" will set a reminder for the following monday, and "!1week" will set a reminder for a week from now.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Reviving this topic. First, I'm grateful to have found it so easily when searching for a way to flag a mailed-in note so it's assigned a reminder when it's added. The only formats that currently seem supported for this (based on the Knowledge Base article referenced earlier) are:

!yyyy/mm/dd

!tomorrow

These formats are not shown in the KB article:

!1week

!sunday

!monday

!saturday

Perhaps the KB article needs to be updated, or this needs to be clarified? I can try experimenting, but clear and complete documentation would be nice.

Also: why can't a general-format date be used? There are parsers out there. At least, date-time specifications that are available through open-source code should be supported like +1d, +1w, wednesday+1w, as well as specifications that include time-of-day. (If manually-set reminders within Evernote can be set with time-of-day, then the "subject tagging" format should also support that.)

Nevertheless, thanks for this thread! Being able to specify just a date is a lot better than nothing!

I found another Knowledge Base article that mentions flagging the subject with a reminder date:

Emailing Into Evernote Gets Better With Reminders and Smart Filing

There, it does describe the additional date formats not mentioned in the primary KB article. It also mentions "Smart Filing" for emailed-in notes:

Smart Filing

You can also let Evernote automatically organize your emailed in notes using our Smart Filing feature. Once you enable Smart Filing in your Evernote Web Settings, we’ll check to see where you’ve placed similar content and how you’ve tagged it in the past. It’s built using the same intelligent algorithms that power the Smart Filing feature in our Web Clippers. If you have Smart Filing enabled, but want to put your notes into a specific location, simply follow the steps above. Using the notebook or tag names will override Smart Filing for that note.

It took me a few minutes to find where to set this preference (why couldn't they mention it in the KB article?!), but it seems to be in Account Settings on the Evernote web interface:

skitch.jpg?resizeSmall&width=400

[Aside: boy did they make it difficult to insert a Skitch-shared image into this post!]

Annnd... here is a YET MORE COMPLETE description in a different KB article. This one does mention where to set "smart email filing":

Advanced Evernote Tips for Business Users

All of these KB articles indicate they've been updated this year. Why do I need to go through such hoops to find all of the relevant information? Either Evernote needs to be more careful keeping ALL of their KB articles updated, or they should just buckle down and produce and maintain a definitive user's guide as a PDF file.

All of these KB articles indicate they've been updated this year. Why do I need to go through such hoops to find all of the relevant information? Either Evernote needs to be more careful keeping ALL of their KB articles updated, or they should just buckle down and produce and maintain a definitive user's guide as a PDF file.

+1.  That there is no definitive reference makes learning, using, and implementing Evernote a bit like trying to prepare a meal with utensils made of yarn.  If I were a coffee-mugger, I'd make a definitive Evernote reference a top priority.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I'd very much like to have the ability to send mail to EN with the following attributes in the subject line:

@ existing notebook # existing tab ! date
Example:  @ SutterStreet # taxation !2017/10/17 

Currently we can send two attributes but not a third or more. This would be a low risk enhancement to EN as all three of these attributes can be associated with a note, it's not a structural change to EN that I'm proposing.

Maybe I'll check out the APIs.

Archived