feature request: change created date on iPad

grahampcharles

Idea

23 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

the more parity we have the better!

my priorities would probably be something like:

1. ability to link notes

2. ability to change font style and text size (especially useful for copy/pasting)

3. ability to edit all of the metadata, including dates

• Like 2

Is this the official place to make feature requests?

If so, I too would REALLY like the ability to change the 'created date' of a note in the iPad app as well as in the iPhone app.  I regularly transfer previously written notes into Evernote, and this inability in the iOS app is what keeps me from breaking free of my desktop.  Please please add.  And yes, linking notes would also be a great feature in the iOS app.

Yes, this is an appropriate place to make feature requests. Evernote employees do read all the posts, though they don't always reply. It's great that you included your use case. 

Best of luck. 

I know this is an old request, but it is still the one thing keeping me from using EN for everything on iPhone. I need to be able to change the Created Date from the iOS app.

I'd like to be able to make a note "dog had seizure at 10am" and set it to yesterday so I can document them. Right now it is easier to enter this in Google Calendar but searching for it later there is a pain.

Yes! Please! Being able to edit created date on iOS is incredibly useful. For example, I regularly forward emails to my Evernote account and generally prefer to have the created date match the email date, either the first email of a thread, or just the sent date. Not being able to edit the date in iOS means i have to do this on the desktop app.

I think that the ability to change the date and time of a note is very useful when you are making copies of letters for records. Sometimes the date of the letter is different to when you scanned it in or received it. This should be a basic feature when keeping records and it is a shame it is not yet on iPad - a device I use more than my iMac throughout the day. I can scan notes in using my iPad, so why do I have to go to my Mac to record the date of the notes properly each time?

If there are compatibility issues involved in making this feature available to older models of iPads then I suggest this be an iPad Pro feature to begin with. I have the new 9.7" model and am aware that it is a much more powerful device. 

I agree, changing the created date is essential part of workflow. 

I always align the creation date to the date stamp on the original paper document. Eg, a bank statement with a printed date of 2016-3-25 should have the created date also 2016-3-25, and not today's date since I upload to EN today. Now, I need to go to Win  version to change create date 

please add this feature!

The ability to change the Creation Date on an iPad or iPhone would definitely make my life easier. I would love to ditch the laptop and just manage my workflow from an iPad or iPhone!

I use this feature to organize my documents. This allows me to see the order in which the documents arrived, and find documents from certain time periods. I sit down every couple of weeks and scan my documents into Evernote, so all the documents scanned on that day have the same creation date regardless of statement date, invoice date, or when they were created or received. I have seen workarounds where people put the date in the Title of the note, but this seems redundant when there is already a Creation Date associated with the note.

A quick work around is to use a date in the note title, for example I use format yy.mm.dd in the title of each of my daily Journal notes.  That date can be searched (intitle:16.07.31 or intitle:16.07) and changed relatively easily as well..

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, ejsexton82 said:

The ability to change the Creation Date on an iPad or iPhone would definitely make my life easier. I would love to ditch the laptop and just manage my workflow from an iPad or iPhone!

I use this feature to organize my documents. This allows me to see the order in which the documents arrived, and find documents from certain time periods. I sit down every couple of weeks and scan my documents into Evernote, so all the documents scanned on that day have the same creation date regardless of statement date, invoice date, or when they were created or received. I have seen workarounds where people put the date in the Title of the note, but this seems redundant when there is already a Creation Date associated with the note.

My personal feeling is that the note creation date  should not be messed with for this purpose.

There is a subject date field that it seems is only used by me.  I'd like to promote the use of this field across all platforms. Please indicate your support by up-voting 

• Level 5*

I'm of the opinion that any fields that are modifiable should be modifiable on all platforms.  Multiple platforms can be restrictive/difficult for sure, but the more sameness the better for me.

To me the creation date is how you can sort documents. If you scanned / attached 30 documents in one sitting, searching later would bring back the date that you added them in Evernote. The ability to change the creation date to match the invoice date etc solves this problem. As per video series, feature parity. I once heard the iOS version being referred to as a thin client, hopefully we are moving away from that.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Matt Tuininga said:

To me the creation date is how you can sort documents.

To me, the creation date is the date the note was created; not necessarily the subject date

>>The ability to change the creation date to match the invoice date etc 

I prefix the note title with the subject date. For example    
    2019/08/10 Receipt ?Vndr-Walmart !Budget-FoodGrocery  [Groceries] $-34.22
- editable on all platforms
- useful for sorting notes by subject date

>>I once heard the iOS version being referred to as a thin client, hopefully we are moving away from that.

Yes.  Platform feature parity would be welcome

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, Bigkarlo said:

Ridiculous that Evernote has no answer on this issue for so long.

I thought the answer was: No, updating the dates is not an option (edit: on IOS)

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Bigkarlo said:

So the ability to edit the creation date is being removed from the desktop app? Is that correct DTLow?

I've seen no indication of this from Evernote, although feature parity could cut both ways

The title of this discussion is "ios feature request: change created date on iPad"