evernote web - links to notes embedded within a note open wrong note

I never had this problem until 10.100.3. Now internal links and the back button broken. 

To clarify, this is the desktop version. I use internal links a lot daily, and they have always worked before 10.100.3

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

10.100.3 fixed links for me - though I'm now having trouble with events - I can't seem to create new ones,  though I do get a blue "event created" pop-up when I try.  I can't see the new event though...  ticket raised!

(For the record I got an instant "try these steps" response which contained a warning that if I didn't respond the ticket would be closed.  I replied and got another instant confirmation that they are now looking at my issue.  It will be interesting to see how long that step takes...)

This is still a complete mess in 10.101.3. Links regularly fail:

• From a note in a filtered list
  • From a note in a list of search results
  • From a note in the "no note list view" obtained by clicking a note in shortcuts etc
  • For older notes found by scrolling through Notes
  • For older notes found by scrolling through a notebook

The recent tags issue was solved by EN quickly but these links problems have been going on for ages (at least 10.60.4) and new cases where links fail are being added - initially it was just filtered lists and search results.

Perhaps it is time for EN to make the default action on clicking a link "Open in new window" (which always works) as they seem to be unable or unwilling to sort this mess out. I'm trying to train my brain to always ctrl+click links, but I'm so used to just being able to click links wherever I find them (EN, web browser etc) that it is hard to retrain my muscle memory.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I suddenly had the same problem with links, and I just downloaded 10.101.3 and nothing has changed. I click on the note link, and it takes me to either a random note, or more strangely, the same note keeps coming up as the (wrong) link. This is creating a huge problem for me, in that even the search function (if the link doesn't work, one could just find the note -- but that defeats the convenience purpose) is clunky. 

Am I missing something from the previous discussions? Is there a fix for this? Sorry to come in late...

• Level 5

The problem persist for me in 10.101.4 in the Mac and Web clients. I created a support request for this issue. If more people experiencing this problem do this, Evernote might put more attention to this problem. It is really annoying.

• Like 1

I have the same problem in 10.101.4 in Windows Web Client (no problem in the app desktop version 10.100.3).

I created a support request for this issue.

How can I resolve the problem?

Hope Evernote fixes this soon!!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Good news: Version 10.102.4 seems to have solved at least most of the problems. Links now in most cases lead you to the correct note!

Fixes:

• Fixes an issue where internal links no longer redirected to the correct note from the sidebar.
  • Fixes an issue where clicking an anchor link from an external app did not function properly.

New Features:

• Calendar 2-way sync is here: from now on, you can create, update, and delete events in your Google and Outlook Calendars directly from Evernote.
3 hours ago, Stuhrer said:

Good news: Version 10.102.4 seems to have solved at least most of the problems. Links now in most cases lead you to the correct note!

Fixes:

• Fixes an issue where internal links no longer redirected to the correct note from the sidebar.
  • Fixes an issue where clicking an anchor link from an external app did not function properly.

New F

Still not working properly 10.102.4.

I haven't found that any of my internal links work in the Windows Web Client. The only way that I can get links to work in 10.102.4 is to ctrl + click. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Yes, the problem has not been solved completely, but I have the feeling that note links now work more often. Let's hope it is fixed completely soon.

Just to report. I have experienced the same problem. Internal links going to the wrong notes

10.102.7-mac-mas-public (20240822120343)
Editor: v178.23.0
Service: v2.6.2
© 2019 - 2024 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

on IOS when I tap on the internal link nothing at all happens. it treats the link just like normal text even though it is formatted for a link and is a link on the mac (which goes to the wrong note.) just wanted to chime in there is a problem on IOS too. 

I am glad it's known and being worked on. 

2 minutes ago, bmcl26 said:

Links work ok if you use ctrl+Click, I can live with this till it is fixed.

For the record the original post was regarding the web version of EN, where ctrl+click is not available.

• Like 1