Evernote 10.91.1 windows - note link shortcut bug

7 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

Nice job spotting bugs as always. I think you must hold the record for most concurrent support tickets!! 😊

Three new/renewed functions announced with this update - but all three buggy and untested. Old bugs not fixed. This is so crazy 😢

• Evernote Expert

The @ notebook shortcut was, I believe, withdrawn at the last minute due to several issues that could not be resolved prior to release. It looks like the text on the release notes got missed.

It will be along when it works.

• Like 1

What @agsteele said, apparently.  Here is a screen grab of the release notes for v10.91.1 which just auto-installed on my laptop a few minutes ago (don't know when it downloaded).

It's an interesting idea, though!

Vinnie

image.thumb.png.4a804c833cfccf4d924ec629215aa90c.png

8 hours ago, janndk said:

Three new/renewed functions announced with this update - but all three buggy and untested. Old bugs not fixed. This is so crazy 😢

I block automatic updates. I download every version from the download page. I don't install it, but keep it for later. When I find they do a new minor release, e.g. 10.91.1 I take the prior highest iteration of 10.90.x or in this case 10.89.x and install that. It's the most stabilized subversion of that minor version 10.89.x. My experience is that it has fewer bugs/large problems than the lower x versions of 10.y.x version. Wiah they introduced stable, pilot, beta, alpha release channels... Or something like that... 

• Like 2

FWIW - the "@" shortcut WAS in the initial 10.91.1 release, and I used it a couple of times to test it yesterday. Last night, I noticed that it had disappeared. I hope the issues with it are resolved. I can see it being a very useful shortcut!

• Like 2

I'm getting very strange behaviour with this. I'm used to note links in filtered lists not working. It now appears many of my note links even if accessed from "Notes" or a notebook, do not work. In fact I am yet to get a note link added using @ to work.

Is this just me?

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Mike P said:

It now appears many of my note links even if accessed from "Notes" or a notebook, do not work.

Yes, I can confirm this. For me around 1 in 5 links doesn't work when accessed from Notes or any notebook. Earlier it only used to happen with notes filtered by tags.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ChristianJB said:

This means 10.91.3 is available ... 😉

I thought you were just being funny!

Sadly 10.91.3 does not solve the problem I described above. Two releases in one day, so  I guess that means 10.91.2 must have broken something even more important than being able to actually navigate through your notes.

58 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I'm getting very strange behaviour with this. I'm used to note links in filtered lists not working. It now appears many of my note links even if accessed from "Notes" or a notebook, do not work. In fact I am yet to get a note link added using @ to work.

Is this just me?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, bumblebeenero said:

Yes, I can confirm this. For me around 1 in 5 links doesn't work when accessed from Notes or any notebook. Earlier it only used to happen with notes filtered by tags.

Thanks for the confirmation. Fortunately the work around of opening the target note in a new window also works for this new bug.

• Like 1

My internlinks is not working with this new version. When I click on a link it takes me to a completly different note. Frustrating... 

• Like 1
Em 05/06/2024 at 04:56, agsteele disse:

The @ notebook shortcut was, I believe, withdrawn at the last minute due to several issues that could not be resolved prior to release. It looks like the text on the release notes got missed.

It will be along when it works.

The shortcut is now working in Desktop/Web version 10.91.4

• Like 1