The worst is already two days old. Legacy is the answer.

The new version is not a replacement for legacy right now.

In every way, the functionality of Notes is better in legacy.

On the Evernote side, don't ignore the benefits, 

or come up with an alternative

or bring legacy back to life. 

All users already using legacy have existing legacy installations. 

You just need to bring it back to life. 

• Like 4

Hell, I would have paid to keep legacy (more than the $129.00/yr I was paying) running but I found Joplin to be a fairly good app. I sent up a onedrive to use as a cloud sync source and I'm hoping I'll be able to sync an unlimited number of devices for free. So far it's working with my main computer, I will add more if I get time tomorrow.

19 horas atrás, testYYer disse:

The new version is not a replacement for legacy right now.

In every way, the functionality of Notes is better in legacy.

On the Evernote side, don't ignore the benefits, 

or come up with an alternative

or bring legacy back to life. 

All users already using legacy have existing legacy installations. 

You just need to bring it back to life. 

Legacy was a great program but it’s not coming back. It's a fact.

• Like 2
  • Level 5
Valiant, valiant. Another attempt at doing great things. I posted this in 2021 already. Now, after 3 years the black sync flies agree with my insight that this horse is not legacy legendary, but simply dead.

But don’t let this marginal fact stop you - here is some advise to make the dead horse move again (see especially #12, the eternal mantra of lovers of outdated, obsolete apps):

image.thumb.jpeg.08e98fcf560f51deca818e4aca03e8b4.jpeg

• Like 1

Give up all hope ye who enter v10. Legacy is not coming back. You just have to decide whether you can afford to spend the time converting to a better app, or if the hassle of doing that outweighs the horribleness that is v10 (I chose the latter, but would advise the former if it's feasible for you).

v10 is truly awful for many of us. Every day I scream at it because it's such a slow, buggy POS. But others love it. Go figure.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, kkarney said:

v10 is truly awful for many of us. Every day I scream at it because it's such a slow, buggy POS. But others love it. Go figure.

After a year with Obsidian I am back with Evernote and really enjoying v10. It's running really well on Windows, iPad and iPhone and I am enjoying the interface, and the way the notes are laid out. I have 2000 or so notes and most of those I just reimported from my backed up ENEX files (made when I left Evernote) and then imported about 100 or so notes from my Obsidian time. 

I have been reading this Forum and stuff on Reddit and wondering what I am missing b/c it all feels pretty positive so far ... is disaster about to befall me?? 😉 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, dagbo said:

After a year with Obsidian I am back with Evernote and really enjoying v10. It's running really well on Windows, iPad and iPhone and I am enjoying the interface, and the way the notes are laid out. I have 2000 or so notes and most of those I just reimported from my backed up ENEX files (made when I left Evernote) and then imported about 100 or so notes from my Obsidian time. 

I have been reading this Forum and stuff on Reddit and wondering what I am missing b/c it all feels pretty positive so far ... is disaster about to befall me?? 😉 

I think if it's working for you now, you're probably fine. They dropped some things I used from v10 and many of us find it to be painfully slow and buggy. But if none of those things seems to be happening to you, you may be one of the lucky folks for whom v10 is the bee's knees.

As far as I can tell, the only disaster that might befall you is that you might need support (which you won't get). Or, of course, the business might go under because they don't support their product -- but I expect that will take a while...

• Level 5

Oh, just took under half an hour before one of our Dr.Dooms has shelled out an answer.

Either they mourn the deceased, or they promise evil things in the future. How jolly good my v10 installs are working fine, and I enjoy the sleek interaction and consistency of the interface between my devices. Isn’t sunshine looking especially bright when dark clouds tower on the horizon ?

Thank you, Dr.Doom to make my day even brighter 🤩

1 hora atrás, kkarney disse:

I think if it's working for you now, you're probably fine. They dropped some things I used from v10 and many of us find it to be painfully slow and buggy. But if none of those things seems to be happening to you, you may be one of the lucky folks for whom v10 is the bee's knees.

As far as I can tell, the only disaster that might befall you is that you might need support (which you won't get). Or, of course, the business might go under because they don't support their product -- but I expect that will take a while...

There's no need to be sarcastic. Some of us are happy with v10 and others are not. Each of us has our reasons. Nobody is wrong.

Some of you may have also borked your accounts by using legacy for too long and now your notes all have to be converted to the new format which for some I've theorized has lead to some corruption on the server side.

If v10 was adopted sooner these conversions would be over and done with likely prior to the release of RTE and there wouldn't be any slowness.

The weird issues being reported by some are not the norm and really need to be dealt with by contacting support. Complaining about it here is not going to fix anything, but opening a support ticket will have a better chance at getting issues ironed out.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Cristiano478 said:

There's no need to be sarcastic. Some of us are happy with v10 and others are not. Each of us has our reasons. Nobody is wrong.

Not being sarcastic at all. Glad the OP is happy with v10. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing about my post was sarcastic. I meant every word.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Oh, just took under half an hour before one of our Dr.Dooms has shelled out an answer.

Either they mourn the deceased, or they promise evil things in the future. How jolly good my v10 installs are working fine, and I enjoy the sleek interaction and consistency of the interface between my devices. Isn’t sunshine looking especially bright when dark clouds tower on the horizon ?

Thank you, Dr.Doom to make my day even brighter 🤩

Glad I could help! 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, dagbo said:

After a year with Obsidian I am back with Evernote and really enjoying v10.

If you don't mind sharing, what brought you back?  I'm honestly curious since most of the discussion here tends to be in the opposite direction.

9 hours ago, kkarney said:

Not being sarcastic at all. Glad the OP is happy with v10. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing about my post was sarcastic. I meant every word.

I personally didn't read it as sarcastic or negative. I read it as a good response to my post. 

• Like 1