New Keyboard-based actions coming

Federico just tweeted this:

image.thumb.png.7a370e343030a4b3f6e4283c3c2d0432.png

I think this could be a really nice feature to add, similar to the way Notion works. Certainly useful for power users, typing is faster than clicking for most.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

You beat me lol! I just saw this. Yeah, some of the things can be done with markdown shortcuts etc but the big advantage of /commands is no real learning curve, no shortcuts to remember etc, just type what is needed. This is a brilliant feature addition. 

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Nice. What I'd really like would be a keyboard shortcut to add an attachment, without wading through a menu.

It would be nice if they can add customizable keyboard shortcuts to these actions, and in that menu display the shortcut on the right. So you could type / and then press the shortcut.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Nice. What I'd really like would be a keyboard shortcut to add an attachment, without wading through a menu.

Isn't that halfway down the "/" menu?  Hard to get closer than that...

• Level 5
15 hours ago, gazumped said:
19 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Isn't that halfway down the "/" menu?  Hard to get closer than that...

How about Ctrl+Alt+A?

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

How about Ctrl+Alt+A?

Be interesting to see how it actually works,  but I'd guess a max of two taps or keystrokes for / + attachments

• Like 1
On 2/22/2024 at 10:17 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Don't quote me on this but I think(!) the plan is to use typeahead tech so if you type /att for example its goes to the attachment item. Not tried it yet so not 100% sure but that's how it tends to work in other apps.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
12 hours ago, Jon/t said:

Don't quote me on this but I think(!) the plan is to use typeahead tech so if you type /att for example its goes to the attachment item. Not tried it yet so not 100% sure but that's how it tends to work in other apps.

Will not quote you -- wait, I just did, sorry 😅 -- but many thanks for this. That I would love. I prefer as much typing uninterrupted by rodent work as possible.

• Like 3