I am trying to utilize the Evernote add-on in the Gmail app on my iPhone 15. When I select the EN logo, it asks me to “Authorize access”. When I select that, it takes me to a page that says, Missing required oauth parameter “oauth_token”.  I’m sure this has worked before, not sure what changed.  Any help?

Edit:  just tried this from Gmail in Chrome on a Windows laptop.  Same result.  

IMG_0362.jpeg

• Like 1

Same issue here (W11, Chrome, EN Premium user since 2009, >28k notes).

I've opened a support a ticket weeks ago.

I only got a standard reply, with no solution foreseen.

My workflow depends critically on the gmail add-on and the loss of this functionality is very damaging.

Other add-ons work properly with Gmail, this is an Evernote issue.

I am very concerned about the lack of technical support for paying customers.

I have not renewed my annual subscription. I will not do so until this is fixed.

I have the issue in Gmail in iOS and Gmail in Chrome (Windows).

• Like 1

Ugh, this is not good. What makes this worse is that on desktop the web clipper used to special support for Gmail emails and that feature was removed a couple of month ago and support could not tell me whether it's ever coming back.

• Like 1

i have the same issue here.   I have a ticket open.   i get this message when i open an email and click on the icon 'evernote for google' ; this is an app which should create a task in evernote automatically from a gmail email.  This worked fine ; i suspect this has something to do with multi factor auhentication (obligatory ?) ?

I recently posted elsewhere in the Forum about the same subject:

I realise that we paying users shouldn't have any expectations of Evernote support, because they're working hard to develop Evernote, they're very busy with the new UI, etc. 

I'd just like to warn other users, or potential users, that the usual advice: "there's no point posting on the forum, they don't read it, open a support ticket instead" won't bring a solution either.

I've had my workflow broken for weeks by an error in the gmail add-on and all I've received from support is a reply saying sorry.

Here is a user who has paid for Evernote's most expensive plan since 2009, with thousands of notes, and who has experienced several bad decisions by this company at different stages and who, despite the self-inflicted sabotage of its developers, has stuck with it.

So, my dear fellow users, think twice before building a workflow that is highly dependent on Evernote. We are at our own risk.

Take care and stay well.

• Sad 1

Same problem here. Tried to install the Extension "Evernote for Google Gmail". When it asks me for granting access I can login to my evernot account and then I am getting the error 

• Missing required oauth parameter "oauth_token"

I hope this will be fixed soon

• Sad 2

I reached Evernote Support for a second time about this issue.

Same answer as before (near 2 months ago): they are still running some verifications on the issue and will get back as soon as possible.

So, no fixes for now.

• Sad 1

It seems to me that the company has a roadmap rigidly focussed on the latest updates we've seen with AI, real-time editing and (mainly) the new UI.
What's left out will simply be ignored.
I fear that the Gmail add-on (the integration with Gmail has been removed from webclipper a while ago) could simply be abandoned like so many other features.

5 hours ago, mi_cha said:

I fear that the Gmail add-on (the integration with Gmail has been removed from webclipper a while ago) could simply be abandoned like so many other features.

I felt that loss for a short while but I added a "ToEvernote" entry to my email address book and just send the note by email now.  The downside is it goes over the Internet to get to Evernote unencrypted (as mail does) rather than perhaps being all https:// actions before, but functionally, it works.

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, Dave Green said:

The downside is it goes over the Internet to get to Evernote unencrypted (as mail does) rather than perhaps being all https:// actions before, but functionally, it works.

Also you get the forwarding header c*r*a*p that I will sometimes bother to delete or sometimes not.

Edit: the net nanny went a little overboard.

12 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Also you get the forwarding header c*r*a*p that I will sometimes bother to delete or sometimes not.

I usually edit it and put in my title and/or my style date-time stamp and put something at the top of the message re my thoughts, etc. So I make it work for me.  It was a shocking change, but like many of the Evernote unrequested changes, I grumbled and then adapted.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Dave Green said:

but like many of the Evernote unrequested changes, I grumbled and then adapted.

Yup, same here.

same problem..I'm the admin on the apps account and provided access to this app...no luck..just burned 2 hours trying to figure this out..we are an Evernote for Teams customer..

Re: the email header with forwarding by email...  I imagine someone smarter than I can could figure out an autohotkey macro to delete it.  That's not me.  I spent about a hour once trying to figure it out using Textexpander before I decided that either TextExpander or I (or maybe both of us) weren't up to the job.  So I went for another motorcycle ride instead.  Like 

More unfortunate for me is the constantly growing length of email signatures.  In the US, I think people talk to their lawyers too much.  We now get paragraphs of "if this ain't you, don't read it," which I suspect is completely unenforceable anyway!  Like @s2sailor and @Dave Green, sometimes I bother to delete all this stuff and sometimes not. 

Vinnie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More useless chiming in, but same issue here. Unusable Gmail integration across multiple devices and operating systems. Also, I offer a pre-emptive "Shush now!" to anyone who writes that it works fine with the browser extension, or that Evernote is so great that they are exempt from fixing broken features.

(Been a paying user for over 12 years, and in spite of various shortcomings, it's generally been a reliable tool--surprised to see complaints about this issue going on for so long without being addressed.)

• Level 5*

I recently started to use the web clipper on gmails.  Never did before until I saw a posting by another user.  It worked surprisingly well.  I wonder if they plan on letting the gmail specific integration sunset and instead have users use this.  Just speculating.  It doesn't make sense to me to have the ability in two separate integrations.

2 hours ago, axehandle said:

Also, I offer a pre-emptive "Shush now!" to anyone who writes that it works fine with the browser extension

That is a bit on the rude side.  Anyone can post here, but you can choose not to read it, or ignore it.  Also, knowing that it may work for others can sometimes help point out that the problem may be specific to a user's situation, and not a global problem affecting everyone.

1 hour ago, s2sailor said:

I recently started to use the web clipper on gmails.  Never did before until I saw a posting by another user.  It worked surprisingly well.  I wonder if they plan on letting the gmail specific integration sunset and instead have users use this.  Just speculating.  It doesn't make sense to me to have the ability in two separate integrations.

The browser-based (desktop) web clipper works better for clipping Gmails, but the benefit of the Gmail integration is that it also works on mobile. So they both have their uses.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

but the benefit of the Gmail integration is that it also works on mobile

I see, thanks.  I never used it on mobile.

• Like 1