Evernote Chat Support

Does Evernote chat support actually exist or is it vapourware?

Each time I try and get an update on an ongoing issue with their software, it tells me to either submit a new ticket or go to the forum.

It's like they've given up on chat support, it's never open, and are crowdsourcing their technical team from here. 

Anyone spoken to anyone in chat support recently? When is a good time to reach them?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Chat support does not exist at present - it was suspended weeks ago when Support started to get overwhelmed.  If you are a subscriber and need help,  you can get it via the email support link,  and/ or you can raise a query here in the forums.  Support just went through and end-of-year holiday period when they were already busy to start,  so any new queries will likely take several days to get to the front of the queue.  I'd expect chat to be back later this year... 

• Sad 1

I have not seen chat support work since at least August.  I have also been getting or seeing 'We usually can respond within a few days, but right now we are seeing more ticket volume than usual and it may be longer before we can get back to you' also since August.

Maybe we we use different support websites.... 😉

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Chat is off since summer.

Support is strained since then, and it got worse.

BS had jobs on offer for support for some time, later removed the opening. Hired enough, or no more budget ?

Doesn‘t matter, we all agree it sucks (which is not the fault of those actually working in support).

• Like 6
  • Level 5*
58 minutes ago, sytadx said:

hello here nice auto :

?  We're talking about a different chat service here... Work Chat retired last year and (presumably) won't be back.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 10:53 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Chat support does not exist at present - it was suspended weeks ago when Support started to get overwhelmed.  If you are a subscriber and need help,  you can get it via the email support link,  and/ or you can raise a query here in the forums.  Support just went through and end-of-year holiday period when they were already busy to start,  so any new queries will likely take several days to get to the front of the queue.  I'd expect chat to be back later this year... 

My issue has been ongoing for a month and there's been absolutely no response. Several days may turn into several months at this rate...

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, faq75 said:

My issue has been ongoing for a month

Hi.  Is that your issue,  or how long it has been since you sent in your support request?  I'd guess we has about 20 actual working days in the last month,  so while a support request is pretty old by this point,  it's not totally outrageous.  Check https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/ to see what's happening with your request and maybe add a reminder that you're still waiting... 

3 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Is that your issue,  or how long it has been since you sent in your support request?  I'd guess we has about 20 actual working days in the last month,  so while a support request is pretty old by this point,  it's not totally outrageous.  Check https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/ to see what's happening with your request and maybe add a reminder that you're still waiting... 

I sent in the request on the 13th Dec and it's now 15th Jan. They asked to see logs and a video of the problem. I sent them several. I sent them nudges in the new year.

No response.

for me it looks like you´re not able to start a new support-note via email or system actually. The only offered option (besides the absolutely stupid Chatbot) is this community (which might be a good one, maybe the best one, if the evernote-team works really with it too). 

• Level 5*
On 1/17/2024 at 6:03 AM, mbesch said:

for me it looks like you´re not able to start a new support-note via email or system actually. The only offered option (besides the absolutely stupid Chatbot) is this community (which might be a good one, maybe the best one, if the evernote-team works really with it too). 

You can create a support ticket on mobile from Settings -> Support.  On the desktop: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

The community is mainly other users.  The Evernote team seldom visits.

Edit - updated the link to what @agsteele shows below.

On 1/15/2024 at 10:59 PM, gazumped said:

So 20(ish) days was about where the delay was before the holidays.  You should hear something soon...

Sadly still crickets.

And still nothing from Evernotes. I've uploaded several videos, submitted log files and no confirmation whatsoever they're dealing with the issue but at least they made the display more aesthetically pleasing. 

I'm happy to pay for a product that works but I fear this will go to two months now.

• Evernote Expert

The only issue you've described is the poor responses to some other issue. I fear nobody here can help you. Is there something you are hoping for from us in the forums?

Actually what would be useful is a contact number to someone at Evernote, perhaps their press officer. I've emailed several times but had no luck. If you have some contact numbers, that'd really helpful.