Evernote Crash after pressing home button twice

• Level 5
3 hours ago, riverjustice said:

I'm under the professional plan, I've noticed that Evernote always crashes if I press the Home icon twice. I deleted and reinstalled the app, but still continues to crash. 

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Can you say a little more about what you're doing? It's not clear to me.

1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Can you say a little more about what you're doing? It's not clear to me.

When I am in the Evernote app, if I click on Home (in the side bar), the app crashes. I'm using a Samsung galaxy fold 5. It crashes in both the cover screen and when the fold is open in a tablet form. 

• 4 weeks later...

This happens to me if i get a little quick on the clicks before the app fully loads where it's at.  So, I try to not "double" click while it's fully loading.  THis is very fristrating for me.  I'm using it on a table S9 fully updated Evernote and Android versions. Can someone try to replicate?

Currently I'm clearing cache, restarting to see if that works.

Thanks.

• Level 5
On 1/11/2024 at 1:34 PM, KCour2006 said:

This happens to me if i get a little quick on the clicks before the app fully loads where it's at.  So, I try to not "double" click while it's fully loading.  THis is very fristrating for me.  I'm using it on a table S9 fully updated Evernote and Android versions. Can someone try to replicate?

Currently I'm clearing cache, restarting to see if that works.

Thanks.

I can't make this happen on my Galaxy S22 Ultra. Can you say a little more about where you're clicking?

I cannot recreate on my phone either. But on my Tab S9 Ultra it happens by simply clicking on "notes" then click reminders. It seems to stop loadong and then close. 

Clearing Data amd cache hasn't worked. 

I loaded cleanly, that is to say I completely cleared the old version before adding this version of the app. 

Gonna poke more buttons to see if it's a loading problem specific with this menu or others as well. 

Would great if others with a tablets could try to recreate. 

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Level 5
8 hours ago, ghalibmeer said:

Trash button twice it crashes .... Sometimes with other functions too

Out of curiosity, and no offense intended, why hit the Trash button twice? FWIW, I can't tap fast enough to hit it a second time before the Trash opens up.

10 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Out of curiosity, and no offense intended, why hit the Trash button twice? FWIW, I can't tap fast enough to hit it a second time before the Trash opens up.

Valid question.... It was crashing with other functions... Out of curiosity i tried it ... It crashes.... Today i simply pressed back button it crashes... Actually dont know what's happening 

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
12 hours ago, ghalibmeer said:

Valid question.... It was crashing with other functions... Out of curiosity i tried it ... It crashes.... Today i simply pressed back button it crashes... Actually dont know what's happening 

Sounds like a major issue. Have you reported it to support (assuming you can get to Settings > Support without a crash!)?

OK, Tried a couple of things that lead to a close (crash) of the app.  

Click Notes, Click Reminders, if too quickly, CRASH

Click Trash, Click Note, if too quickly, CRASH

Seems to be, when it doesn't have time to folly load that screen, it crashes.

How do you submit a support request?  Settings, Support leads to nothing that I can Isee for submitting a trouble ticket.

• Level 5

Still can't reproduce this on a Samsung S22 Ultra. I may just be too old and slow to make it happen. Settings > Support takes me to the same page as this: https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action. Drilling down through the options should eventually get you to the green Submit a ticket button down the page. If you're a paid subscriber, not free.

I suggest you submit using your phone, then.  Open the Android client on the phone.  Hamburger menu / settings cog / support / submit a support request.  Once you get a ticket number, you can enter the support system and clarify that your problem is occurring on your tablet.

Vinnie

Well, that's good.  You should be able to get help, then, although it may be a bit slow.

Just to be clear:

Contact support here:  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?guest=true

Then you will see a box with the three choices you provided above.  BUT - you can scroll down to find a choice for technical issues.  (The scroll bar is easy to miss.)  You should be able to submit a support request from there.

Good luck,

Vinnie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recently, Evernote application on my phone gets stuck on the load/logo screen and never actually opens up.  I try clearing cache and cloing the application but only in a power cycle of the phone allows a complete start of the applicaion, anyone else seeing this?

Customer Service told me the process might require some technical time, but rest assured that I'll get back to you as soon as I receive feedback. I'm grateful that Evernote is fixing their desktop app and IOS. But I feel the android fold phones are being neglected because it's a hybrid of using android tablet and Android phone. So if they don't fix bugs of Android tablet, it affects the fold. 

• Like 1

My Evernote on Android crashes always 4-5 times on both my Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra and on my Google Pixel 7 Pro, whatever the next action I do is...

This has been happening for months, clearing cache, restarting, re-installing, no change. It still crashes. I get used to click the Evernote icon multiple times before being able to start working... and this will cost USD 60 more in a couple of weeks. 🤦

• Level 5
6 hours ago, Christophe Gevrey said:

My Evernote on Android crashes always 4-5 times on both my Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra and on my Google Pixel 7 Pro, whatever the next action I do is...

This has been happening for months, clearing cache, restarting, re-installing, no change. It still crashes. I get used to click the Evernote icon multiple times before being able to start working... and this will cost USD 60 more in a couple of weeks. 🤦

The fact that it happens on 2 different devices from different manufacturers seem significant. If you haven't yet, you should let Evernote support know (it won't be a fun process). Use the support option in Settings. Be sure to include activity logs from both devices, since that's where the helpful data to analyze would be, I'd think.

9 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

The fact that it happens on 2 different devices from different manufacturers seem significant. If you haven't yet, you should let Evernote support know (it won't be a fun process). Use the support option in Settings. Be sure to include activity logs from both devices, since that's where the helpful data to analyze would be, I'd think.

I did that. When I want to report a bug, the only options are: 

Evernote Teams - Account and Billing
Account Management
Subscriptions/Biing issues

No way to ask for technical support... 

So I recycled one of my previous ticket and posted a follow up, with a random subject as again, no technical option was available. I have not received a  confirmation email...

Screenshot_20240225_084709_Chrome.png