I think I deleted the entire thread by accident how to restore?

I clicked on something moderator delete by accident thinking it would get rid of a reply I was putting forth to Gazumped about backupery and I think it's blitz the entire thread ? Can we restore ????

I should have just refreshed the page but at the bottom right it displayed this:

image.thumb.png.d52c19abffe11e932d9624fcf8215280.png

Anyway surely an admin can recover the post. It's unfair as loads of people vested their time in responding to the thread.. Please let me know if this can be recovered and I'll steer clear of that actions tab again.. I just wanted to get rid of the text in the reply box not the entire thread!! Ahhh man...

3 minutes ago, agsteele said:

I think it's gone. It's unfortunate but mistakes happen. Don't beat yourself up.

Is it unfortunate, sorry to all that posted... I've made everyone waste their time which is shame and the thread contained loads of information.. Anyway it won't happen again.. Shame it can't be recovered by a site admin so to speak but anyway is what it is... 

Thanks for the response @agsteele 

• Level 5*

Hmmn. @KoZz - didn't realise you were such a powerful user! :) 

Stuff,  as they say,  happens.  If the queries come up again,  we'll answer them again. 

I did ask the site Admins whether they can help,  but even using all my Moderator powers,  I got nuthin'.

(Don't tell anyone but I may have made a few mistakes merging threads in the past.  I try not to do that any more...!)