Gmail web clipper not working (not an option in web clipper anymore??)

exhausted and frustrated with lots of evernote fails and now for some reason I cannot get the gmail web clipper to work anymore?  It does not show up as an option for me anymore?  just happened the last few days??  

then, customer service continues to deteriorate as now chat is not available - UGH.  

Even if I go Evernote for free it would be frustrating, but as a professional paid account, I would expect I could at minimum have a quick chat session to get a fix (hopefully a quick fix??!!??). 

Anyone else having same issue and found a fix?  

* Mac OSx 

* evernote 10.61.5

apologies if this is already in a thread, did search and could not find anything, please feel free to merge me in if one exists

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Mac OSx does tell nothing - there is a ton of MacOS versions with an X since OSX was introduced. Still being on OSX means your are not up to date with your MacOS, but that’s ok as far as EN is concerned. EN v10 works from MacOS 10.15 upwards.

I don’t use Gmail, so no idea about it.

Chat is down because the number of requests is too high at the moment. You can contact support, as anybody of us does at the moment. Issued a ticket myself yesterday, got an answer within 5 hours.

• Level 5*

Google clipper is still available from the Google Workspace Marketplace - you may be able to simply re-install it.  If not,  the normal browser clipper will work - haven't tried it in a while,  but there was a special 'Google' option there too.  If all else fails,  forward emails to your Evernote account address (you have to be a subscriber for this to work.)

1 hour ago, jbj312 said:

Anyone else having same issue

Same issue in my case.

EN-web-clipper used to offer special option "clip email(s) to Evernote". Emails would be clipped as HTML-Web-Clip including all attachements.

Today ist the first time I realized that this feature seams to be broken in EN-web-clipper. No option to "clip email(s) to Evernote". Only standard options für ordinary web-pages. These Clippings don't include attachements (they just clip small preview pic for each attachements and links to gmail for each attachement).

Since I use this quite regulary it must be a fresh bug.

(Workaround may be: forward email do EN-email-address oder use additional EN-integration fpr gmail, which needs granted access to EN for 12 months)

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry to revive this old thread but my webclipper has stopped working since the syncing errors in the last few days. The app is loading back to its usual pace but my webclipper keeps asking me to login again and then it doesn't ever get past the login page.

• Level 5*
51 minutes ago, musica209 said:

Sorry to revive this old thread but my webclipper has stopped working since the syncing errors in the last few days. The app is loading back to its usual pace but my webclipper keeps asking me to login again and then it doesn't ever get past the login page.

Are we talking about the gmail-specific web clipper installed in the Gmail inbox,  or about the generic web clipper that installs to the browser but had a special gmail settings?  

4 hours ago, gazumped said:

Are we talking about the gmail-specific web clipper installed in the Gmail inbox,  or about the generic web clipper that installs to the browser but had a special gmail settings?  

Generic web clipper :) 

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, musica209 said:

Generic web clipper :) 

I gather from the other thread you posted in (please don't do that...) that you're using Brave,  where Clipper doesn't work and have tried Chrome,  where it does.  There have been some changes to Clipper and the Gmail option seems to have been dropped - but you can now 'multi-select',  so can choose which bits of a page to clip.  That works well in Gmail if you need it.  As I already said I use Vivaldi and don't have any issues...

I too am having Web clipper challenges.........

I am on MacOS Sonoma V14.0, Safari Version 17.0 (19616.1.27.211.1) and 

Evernote 10.63.3-mac-mas-public (20231003171454)
Editor: v176.13.0
Service: v1.75.3

I can see it at the top of my screen but can't get it to work.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Donald Pudney said:

I too am having Web clipper challenges.........

I am on MacOS Sonoma V14.0, Safari Version 17.0 (19616.1.27.211.1) and 

Evernote 10.63.3-mac-mas-public (20231003171454)
Editor: v176.13.0
Service: v1.75.3

I can see it at the top of my screen but can't get it to work.

I was worried that upgrading to Sonoma would cause issues but I am on Ventura still and the issue persists. That does mean it's across different browsers! I have reported it to Support :) 

• Like 1

Just tried again and still unable to clip emails from Gmail. Just followed up with support again. I opened a ticket with support weeks ago and they were vague as to whether this was a planned feature removal or a temporary situation. Perhaps the support rep simply didn't know.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Paul A. said:

Just tried again and still unable to clip emails from Gmail. Just followed up with support again. I opened a ticket with support weeks ago and they were vague as to whether this was a planned feature removal or a temporary situation. Perhaps the support rep simply didn't know.

Hi.  Don't see your details above,  so:  device / OS / Evernote app version / browser - and are we talking about the Google Workspace Marketplace clipper which appears on the Gmail page,  or the standard clipper which is installed in the browser?

The standard clipper,  I notice,  does a fine job of clipping all or part of an email content if you set it to 'multi select'.

On 10/13/2023 at 5:23 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Don't see your details above,  so:  device / OS / Evernote app version / browser - and are we talking about the Google Workspace Marketplace clipper which appears on the Gmail page,  or the standard clipper which is installed in the browser?

The standard clipper,  I notice,  does a fine job of clipping all or part of an email content if you set it to 'multi select'.

Standard web clipper in Chrome for MacOs. I'll give multi select a try; thanks.

I read in another thread that they have discontinued this feature.  I am very sad.  As many others in the other thread.  I read notion now offers this feature, so this may be the tipping point for me to move over there, and I was a huge proponent of Evernote, telling everyone I know and looking at seeing if I could become an affiliate.  Not anymore.  Maybe they will bring this back.  Sadly that past said tech supports solution was to just email it to yourself using the email forward option.  That option is NOT remotely and equivalent.  It all goes straight into your first notebook and has to be handled again.  I don't have time for that, basically handling things twice.

PLEASE BRING email clipping from browser BACK! 🙏

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gazumped said:

If you read the thread that you posted in,  you should have seen that it never went away...

It's gone from the web clipper, which is the superior way to clip Gmail emails for me. As I said in another thread, it really shines when needing to save a subset of emails out of a long email thread.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  I think different posts are about different clippers.  If you get your Gmails from the Google website,  is the gmail clipper there any help?

The Gmail extension is a workaround, but it's much slower and less intuitive than the browser-based clipper. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

If you're missing the Gmail option in the standard web clipper I can only suggest you raise this with Support.  If they get enough requests, maybe it will come back!  But please explain carefully which web clipper you mean and why you need it.

• Like 1

This is a terrible blow to my workflow. The Evernote Gmail extension is a workaround, but it doesn't clip attachments. I confess that as much as I love(d?) Evernote, I only renewed this time because they offered me a 50% discount, otherwise...

• Sad 1
  • Level 5*
9 hours ago, gozzilla78 said:

but it doesn't clip attachments.

Options are:  check in Settings - the Gmail extension can clip attachments;  or forward these emails to your account email address.  And contact Support as suggested above.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Options are:  check in Settings - the Gmail extension can clip attachments;  or forward these emails to your account email address.  And contact Support as suggested above.

It's true! It does! Though I'm positive it didn't save attachments before I switched on the "Show messages in thread" option.

Very slow... but it works! Thanks a bunch Gazumped!

• Like 1