Widgets on Personal Account

6 hours ago, agsteele said:

I imagine that this is an error. I don't have this on my Personal subscription. Additional widgets are marked as an upgrade.

Perhaps you've been accidentally upgraded to Professional ;)

It only works on 10.61.10. Perhaps you are on an earlier version. I can reproduce this on Windows Android and Web. I'm still on Personal for sure.

I'm still on Personal:

image.png.659dfd79106846637816cf04d7298761.png

and I can also pin multiple notes to the dashboard and have multiple scratchpads. I'm on version 10.61.10-mac-ddl on Mac Desktop.

I notice that I can also see Previews for Excel spreadsheets -- something else that is a Professional only feature.

Looks like I don't have any PDF Export features locked behind a "Pro" upgrade either.

Probably a mistake that will be rectified soon.

But for now, Shhhhhh! 🤫🤐🤣

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

I'm still on Personal:

image.png.659dfd79106846637816cf04d7298761.png

and I can also pin multiple notes to the dashboard and have multiple scratchpads. I'm on version 10.61.10-mac-ddl on Mac Desktop.

I notice that I can also see Previews for Excel spreadsheets -- something else that is a Professional only feature.

Looks like I don't have any PDF Export features locked behind a "Pro" upgrade either.

Probably a mistake that will be rectified soon.

But for now, Shhhhhh! 🤫🤐🤣

It's across every platform for me. so I'm hoping it's a change and not a bug. I opened a ticket to clarify.

Me too. Perhaps it is a marketing ploy. Give us a week or so using the features and then take them away and remind us we need a professional subscription! By the way, Boolean search, another professional level feature, doesn't seem to work.

I downgraded to 10.53.3 (Android) and it immediately prompted me to remove the widgets. That comparison screen was the same (that could be rendered server side and not within the app) but upon installing the 10.54 APK the prompt to remove the widgets went away.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Both plans do allow customization but differ as to degree.  There is a more detailed comparison chart out there somewhere that I’ve seen. I still think this is in error but am interested in what support tells you.

8 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Both plans do allow customization but differ as to degree.  There is a more detailed comparison chart out there somewhere that I’ve seen. I still think this is in error but am interested in what support tells you.

We'll see. In the past they usually respond to me the next day between 6 PM EST and 9 PM EST. I may have to upgrade to professional if this is a bug. :D 

This is the response I got, it is indeed a bug after all. :( 

Thanks for reaching out to Evernote Customer Support. My name is Joanna, and I'm happy to help out today.

It is my understanding that after updating to the latest version, you are seeing additional features wherein you are able to add numerous Scratch pad and pinned notes widgets on Home although you subscribed to a lower tier of subscription that does not support that kind of feature.

Please be advised that this is not released by design. It is a bug that our team is currently working on. This might be a benefit of mistake; regrettably, this feature will not last long as our team is working ceaselessly on resolving this matter. I appreciate your proactiveness in reporting this matter to us.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Joanna A.
Customer Support

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

This is the response I got, it is indeed a bug after all. :( 

I got a bit different answer:

"Thank you for your swift response and for all the details you've provided. 

Upon checking, your Home customization on Evernote for Android can be different on Evernote for Windows and Evernote Web. 

I hope this information helps. Should there be a need for further assistance, I want you to know that our team will always be available to help you"

According to this, the multiple scratch pads widgets are available on desktop and web, but not on mobile?

1 hour ago, janndk said:

Upon checking, your Home customization on Evernote for Android can be different on Evernote for Windows and Evernote Web. 

I hope this information helps. Should there be a need for further assistance, I want you to know that our team will always be available to help you"

According to this, the multiple scratch pads widgets are available on desktop and web, but not on mobile?

So in 10.54, the release with the recurring tasks bug they work. On 10.53.3 they don't and it tells you to upgrade to Professional. I'm just going to enjoy my 3 scratch pads while I can. I have a feeling support has no clue and only @Federico Simionato can tell us.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, janndk said:

I think customization can be different such as which widgets are selected and their order, but you are still limited to one scratchpad, calendar and pinned note.  

I accidentally updated to EN 10.64 on my android tablet. Lost recurring tasks 😡 but seems that multiple scratch pads are working now 😀👍 (on my android phone, still with EN 10.63, multiple scratch pads not working) 

14 hours ago, janndk said:

I accidentally updated to EN 10.64 on my android tablet. Lost recurring tasks 😡 

Evernote updated - by itself - on my mobile. So, now I lost recurring tasks on the mobile too 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

10 minutes ago, janndk said:

Evernote updated - by itself - on my mobile. So, now I lost recurring tasks on the mobile too 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I posted this elsewhere but if you go directly into the note you can still use recurring tasks. It's a workaround for now.