best device for handwriting in evernote

hey - just wondering what is the best (money no object) device for scribbling LOTS of notes by hand in evernote - iPad, Remarkable etc

About to start a 2 year course at college and I like to take my notes by hand

Thanks

• Evernote Expert
36 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Best option is probably pen (or pencil) and paper - then take a picture of the page.

Absolutely agree. For those who want some tech involved beyond the camera the Rocketbook notebooks do a fairly good job.  You can even download the pages and print them locally. The app is free. So the cost doesn't have to be too great.

• Like 2
  • Level 5
On 8/26/2023 at 9:49 AM, Khushy said:

hey - just wondering what is the best (money no object) device for scribbling LOTS of notes by hand in evernote - iPad, Remarkable etc

About to start a 2 year course at college and I like to take my notes by hand

Thanks

Just want to say that for several months now Evernote has not worked well with Samsung Android devices in this respect. I believe Evernote is working on a fix, but it's not here yet.

7 hours ago, agsteele said:

Absolutely agree. For those who want some tech involved beyond the camera the Rocketbook notebooks do a fairly good job.  You can even download the pages and print them locally. The app is free. So the cost doesn't have to be too great.

I use Rocketbook as well.  Relatively inexpensive, lots of different sizes and forms (e.g., 3x5 cards, letter size, etc.) and you can transfer the note electronically if you're so inclined.  And, if you like, you an even format the page to use the Cornell system.  Anyway, unlike those electronic tablet things, it's not much of an investment to try and see if you like it.

Vinnie

• Level 5

Just to mention it: All this means handwritten notes taken elsewhere, outside of EN. EN for handwriting simply is not up to the job.

My personal solution is GoodNotes on my iPad. The export is as pdf. Since handwriting in pdf is not made searchable in EN, I export the pdf already made searchable by GoodNotes.

• 3 weeks later...