Evernote on Android takes exactly 68 seconds to make a new Note.

The Android app doesn't create any new notes at all at the moment.
After an internally requested database update yesterday on the mobile phone, the app is lame in synchronization and at the moment not able to create notes (text/photo/audio) - it's annoying!! 🙄🤬

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
38 minutes ago, Tyremountain said:

After an internally requested database update yesterday on the mobile phone

? Are we talking about an app update?  How was it 'internally requested'??  I'm confused.

• Evernote Expert
4 minutes ago, Grant837 said:

I just got 10.53.1 three days ago... now to wait another two weeks apparently

I don't understand the logic of Google Play. Sometimes I get an update after acouple of weeks following release. Other times within a day or two. Perhaps you'll get a quicker delivery the time.

• Like 2
On 8/25/2023 at 1:03 PM, gazumped said:

? Are we talking about an app update?  How was it 'internally requested'??  I'm confused.

I saw a brief message in the app 2 days ago about a database update and note creation is 2 minutes ever since.

• Level 5*
On 8/26/2023 at 3:56 PM, glynn said:

I saw a brief message in the app 2 days ago about a database update and note creation is 2 minutes ever since.

Still confused - the mobile client doesn't have a database a such.  What version of Evernote do you have?

• Evernote Expert

Actually, I saw a similar message when I got the 10.53.1 update too...  I have seen similar once or twice with updates in the past. I put it down to some local data reconfiguration described as 'Updating Data' or similar.

I finally received the 10.53.2 update.  Perhaps that will resolve the issue.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Still confused - the mobile client doesn't have a database a such.  What version of Evernote do you have?

I thought the same. Hopefully the new release will resolve it when it happens. In the meantime I am creating and duplicating many empty messages on my PC which still take no tiem at all... and also investigating how to migrate away from evernote...

41 minutes ago, gazumped said:

around 50 seconds for a new note

As reported above this isn’t an issue In my case with 10.53.1 where this takes only about 6 seconds.

May be that this takes longer on bigger accounts, for example triggered by update of complex local header data in background? In my account there are „only“ 10k notes.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  A new note is in my default notebook which is effectively my inbox.  So no great numbers there,  and the note content is all blank until I start working on it.  I'm still stuck with the earlier version,  but if it doesn't change when I do get the update,  I shall be badgering the Support team again!