Syncing issue - not sure which platform is the cause

Go to solution Solved by Federico Simionato,

Hi, I was doing some work on a note on a windows PC, I went to use my phone to send the material to a group on whatsapp (copy and paste).  Opened evernote on my phone, it syncs, I can see the text in the little highlight below the note before I open it, but when I open the note all the text is missing.  Tried opening and closing on phone didnt work, now the windows Evernote says syncing paused on the note.  Not sure whats going on. 

Edit - syncing apparently is paused on all notes on the PC - tried restarting the app with no change. 

• Like 1

Ditto - same message on Win PC as above right now

Manual sync on Android phone just shows rotator endlessly - tried Forced Stop for the app - no difference.

Looks like a server issue at Evernote HQ?

Some here. Synch is very slow. Even notes from previous days are not synchronized across devices. Some notes are not visible on the web viewer. When I open a note I see the message "Saving..." in the lower right corner and an empty note. Some other notes are incomplete. I just hope that I do not lose data... 

Working again here - but as a very simple user (!) I don't need all the Evernote bells and whistles to store personal notes so despite using Evernote for 10 years or so I'm contemplating Google Keep as being simple and free.

I just need stuff that I have has notes on my PC available on my phone (and possibly tablet too) - nothing too much to worry about with security.

2 minutes ago, Ralph WF said:

No note will show its contents unless I was already open this morning. Instead I get the message: "Saving"

I'm getting the same and worried as it is 'saving' and empty note. Does this mean the content has gone completely?

• Like 1

I have the same problem. Any note that contains more than plain text (i.e. a PDF or picture) does not display. Instead there is a little note in the bottom right corner stating "Saving". This applies to both the web and the Mac app. The summary view of the note shows some content, which indicates it is still stored somewhere, but there appears to be no way to access this. The help page for 'Missing Content' does not provide a solution for more than one note at a time - and I have more than 4,000...

• Like 1
Just now, JimmyPhones said:

Agreed. The notes I saved before the outage are back and now accessible. However web clips I saved DURING the outage are still stuck on “saving” and showing up blank. 

I’m seeing this too, the note I was having issues with seems stuck on saving on the windows pc.

1 hour ago, Ralph WF said:

I can look at the note in the browser via the share link. Still not in the app and web. Here is still the message "Saving"

I had the same problem. I closed the App on macOS and restarted it. Then all notes that where visible in the browser appeared. For me the problem is solved. I have all notes on my primary computer. 

• Level 5*

Somewhat weird.  As of around 1630 UK time my desktop (10.60.4) showed 62,323 notes,  as did my tablet (10.53.1) but the web client showed 62,302 (also 10.60.4).  I was doing the comparison because a couple of recent notes were showing the blank 'saving' screen on my desktop,  while the tablet and eventually the web client showed the full note. 

62,302 gradually ticked up to the correct total over the next few minutes.

I still didn't have access to the note body on desktop though,  so I duplicated the note via my tablet and it took a few seconds to sync to all clients.  When it synced to my desktop I also got to see the original note content.  So why how and where that got cached,  I don't know.

Pro tip (hat tip to @Federico Simionato) - if you're missing some content,  find the note on another platform and duplicate it!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, robgul said:

Working again here - but as a very simple user (!) I don't need all the Evernote bells and whistles to store personal notes so despite using Evernote for 10 years or so I'm contemplating Google Keep as being simple and free.

I just need stuff that I have has notes on my PC available on my phone (and possibly tablet too) - nothing too much to worry about with security.

Just out of curiosity I've tarnsferred all my Evernote notes to Google Keep (trashing about 60% along the way!) - seems to work OK - one question if anyone knows:  Is it possible to get the Keep Android app to start up and display the list of "Labels" (a.k.a. folders) - it opens like that on the PC.

I'll persevere with Evernote for another month or two but the random changes to the display etc is more than annoying - just keep it simple!

• Administrator

I confirm the problem has been solved yesterday when I posted.

You might still see the Syncing paused message in case the client/server connection is having a short hiccup. But today it's working perfectly on our end.

---

⚠️ Important: if you edited/created notes during yesterday's outage you might see them as blank/empty. Data is not lost. Here's how to recover the content:

• Web:
    • Logout
    • Log back in
    • Load the affected notes, verify that the content is back
    • Now it should be back on all devices
  • Windows/Mac:
    • Logout, select option Remove my Evernote data from this device
    • Log back in

image.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
7 hours ago, Federico Simionato said:

⚠️ Important: if you edited/created notes during yesterday's outage you might see them as blank/empty. Data is not lost. Here's how to recover the content:

• Web:
    • Logout
    • Log back in
  • Windows/Mac:
    • Logout, select option Remove my Evernote data from this device
    • Log back in

Tried twice to logout (web) including delete all Cookies, but one of my notes still refuses to load and is stuck with "Saving..." in the lower-right. This may be a different issue as it's not a note I edited yesterday, it's actually the note of recovered attachments that you helped me recover five days ago, but it still refuses to load.

The note contents for this particular note are not important to me, I only mention to point out there may still be an issue with some notes stuck in this "Saving..." situation.

• 1 month later...