i used evernote legacy - now EN10 - need reminder in the past for sorting

Hello,

i use evernote for a lot of years. In legacy i had the possibility to creat reminders in the past to sort my todos. This was great.
In the new version EN10 i can not set a reminder in the past.
Do you have an idea for the workaround?

If my post is not in the right forum, please move it to the right one.
Sorry for my bad english.

Greatings
Martin

12 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Set a task (which can be backdated)

I rarely use reminders now because you can just put a task in the note. That way all your tasks are in one place (provided you have adopted EN for task management). Tasks have a number of features, like the ability to set recurring tasks, which I always wished reminders had.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Not every possible (ab)use of a feature from legacy has made it into v10. Reminders were a pale precursor of the tasks feature introduced with v10, a year after it launched.

To make a note actionable, better use tasks. They are more flexible (you can add several tasks to a single note), and you can add recurring dates for tasks that need to be repeated.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Reminders were a pale precursor of the tasks

But EN itself does not rely on tasks as a valid successor. If they were sure to offer all and better functionality, they would have removed reminder functionality.

Don't understand me wrong: They should keep reminders alive, allow to set the easily to any time (even in the past), display and sort them in note lists and do the same with reminder done times.

What the hell is so difficult to do this?

• Level 5

Ever heard about backward compatibility ?

All that people migrating over from legacy - where tasks don’t exist - expect their reminders to be there, somehow.

We would have a lot of unhappy campers if reminders were - pooooof - just gone. Plus Tasks were introduced 1 year after launching v10 only - so Reminders needed to be in v10 initially as well.

• Like 1

I need the reminders urgently. I used it for years with legacy and even before legacy.
"You should keep reminders alive, allow to set the easily to any time (even in the past), display and sort them in note lists and do the same with reminder done times."

PLEASE!!!!!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Martin Kress said:

I need the reminders urgently. I used it for years with legacy and even before legacy.

Unless I missed a memo,  reminders still exist,  are not going anywhere and can still be backdated.

11 minutes ago, Martin Kress said:

the reminders are still there, are not lost - right.
BUT cannot be backdated!
Or can you please explain it how to backdate them.
I need to backdate them.

You can't backdate a reminder I would imagine because you can't be reminded in the past.

You can backdate tasks though if this is any help.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

You are correct that whilst reminders are fully in place they cannot be backdated.

That isn't an entirely unreasonable way of working. A reminder in the past is not a reminder since nothing will trigger in arrears.

I don't think you could plan for reminders in the past ever returning.

• Level 5

There is much more for Tasks - you have several viewing options, you can apply filters etc.

The best way is to get started with tasks, play around a bit and come back with specific questions when needed.

Just keep in mind that notes hold tasks, and tasks are build to make notes actionable. EN is not trying to mimic a Task Manager, where everything is organized following the Tasks. In EN, the order is still by notes, mainly. But you can nicely manage the tasks and by tasks.

• Like 1