Note History on mobile?

So I also use another note taking app, in addition to Evernote. The other app has note history on the mobile app, which is really useful. The other app only has one full-time developer, but is able to implement this useful feature. My question, is it on the roadmap? 

Thanks for the quick reply. If that is indeed true, that is a shame. I was really looking forward to that being implemented after the new owners took over. I like to test other note apps. Nimbus, Notesnook,  Amplenote, and Upnote all offer this. All four of these companies combined is smaller than Evernotes development team. 

• Level 5

I agree that note history on mobile (Android in my case) would be really helpful, as would the ability to add/edit a note URL. Not a deal-breaker, and no shame involved, though it is kind of a pity not to have it. @PinkElephant since other note apps apparently can do this, I wonder if there is something specific to the Electron framework that makes it problematic for Evernote.

As feature parity on the clients was one of the announced benefits (or excuses? 😁) of using a unified framework, I would expect that note history would finally be pop up on mobile as well. From my user perspective there is no reason why I should not have this option on mobile as well. But maybe not the sky but the React framework is the limit now.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Mobile and desktop use different frameworks. Feature parity is between all desktop clients (including to some extend the web client) and between the mobile clients.

And feature parity is improved between desktop and mobile on issues like the editor, nested tags and handling of tables, just to name some that were dreadfully not on parity with the legacy versions.

Given the differences on the OS level there will probably never be full feature parity between desktop and mobile platforms.

Maybe the gravest imparity between mobile platforms is that the iOS client is in general functional and working since iOS 10.6 - and the Android client is still a bag of bugs. But I think this has more to do with the diversity of the Android spectrum (makers overlaying the core system with own additions, range of hardware, the inability to update many aging devices) than a general lack of support by EN. 

• Like 1