Forwarding emails to my Evernote Email address

I am having a similar problem, though right now my email are being rejected as 'Undeliverable' , perhaps coincidentally, but it is after my account encouraged me to start using a 2FA token for security.

Message received on my email rejection:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

noreply@account.evernote.com
Your message wasn't delivered due to a permission or security issue. It may have been rejected by a moderator, the address may only accept email from certain senders, or another restriction may be preventing delivery.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Are all mails sent from the same location,  or were the fails all sent from somewhere?  Email issues are hard - they're sent by 'normal' email channels,  so some part of the chain across which emails pass might have been blocked for spamming,  or might have had a techical fault.  Contact Support if you can (we're not them) who may be able to delve further...

• Level 5

You can try to observe if there is a pattern, like mails from a certain sender vanishing frequently, others not. Email is relayed over several servers between their origin and the receiving mail server. On each step SPAM filtering can occur, which can lead to emails vanishing.

Because the path an email takes is created dynamically, it may be that some vanish, and others make it.

Despite the complexity involved in forwarding emails, in my experience, this has always been a rock-solid characteristic of Evernote and something you could rely upon. However, in the last two days, I, too have experienced emails forwarded to Evernote not showing up. There does not seem to be any pattern that I have observed, and one email that failed to arrive, did make it when I re-sent it. I have submitted a support request.

• Like 4
  • Level 5*
17 minutes ago, hodgieus said:

Having similar email issues.

Hi.  This thread is about not receiving emails.  You seem to have a sync issue if your content is different between Web and Desktop.  Please post as a separate thread with details of your devices,  OS's and Evernote versions.

• Confused 1

My emails are now not arriving since on v10. I use this facility every day, if this fails I am going to have to find an alternative to Evernote which I have been using since it first started.

P

I'm having the same problem too.  Emailing content into my Evernote Email has worked well for me for over a decade.  It seems to be hit or miss over the last 6 months.  It's not working at all today.  

• Like 1

Same here. I'm unable to send e-mails to Evernote.

Worst: I'm unable to even create a new note. When I do it, the note is  deleted automatically one second after its creation. It is happening in all my devices (web, Windows and IPhone), all of them running the latest version of EN.

I've opened a support ticket about this issue and have got a bunch of nonsense as a reply.

I just have created a new free account. This new one is working fine. So the problem seems related to server and account levels.

Maybe BS is capping big accounts and heavy users, who knows. I'm a user since 2009 with 10k notes.

On 3/8/2023 at 3:52, Mark Russell dijo:

This seems not to be working all the time. Some mails arrive…… others don’t. Is there an easy solution for this, anyone?

Same problem here. I'm a heavy user and this is the main function for me. I'm just getting forwarded emails from yesterday and others from an hour ago, so I don't know what the problem is, some of them are lose, some are arriving late, and others are just ok. All my forward accounts are gmail accounts, so right now there is a chance they finally made it, but I don't have time to check every gmail account to know which is ok, and which not.

• Like 1

Yep, same issue here. As of today, none of the emails I've forwarded to my Evernote email address are being received by Evernote and turned into new notes. I even tried resetting the Evernote email address I've had since 2009 and tested the new one to see if it would work. No luck.

I checked the web version in addition to my iOS app, but neither are receiving the emails I've forwarded. I sent them from the same email address I've always used and I also double-checked to make sure they were actually sent.

This isn't the only issue I've noticed lately. It saddens and angers me to watch this app I've been a paying user of, advocated for, and loved for more than fourteen years completely self-destruct before my eyes.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Yep - there seems to be an issue.  I forwarded an email to Evernote yesterday.  It isn't especially large - 65K - but I had to resend today before it appeared as a note.  Weirdly the several emails I forwarded yesterday mostly got through,  with this and one other exception.  A 2MB email got through fine,  so the issue is not size related.  Only and best advice is:  if you find this is happening to you,  please contact Support.  I suspect they're a bit overwhelmed at the moment,  but only Evernote can look into how and why this may be happening...

Normally e-mails arrived in my Inbox in a few secs/minutes, but some can take a lot longer, I think this is more to do with email than EN. This morning I forwarded four emails, and they all appeared quite quickly, together with one I forwarded on Thursday and two I forwarded yesterday.  This sort of delay is not the norm, although it has happened a few times in the past.

• Level 5*

Thinking about this...  It may be related to Evernote working on the servers,  and/ or shear volume of traffic since there's a lot going on.  At least I have a 'sent mail' folder I can easily sort/ search for my account email address to confirm what mails have been sent.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

I was affected yesterday (4 August 2023).  The Email forwarded to my Evernote address eventually arrived some 12 hours later.  Today, a more normal 25 minutes to appear in my desktop app.

Either the log-jam is clearing or someone responded and kicked the process back to life (or both).  We'll see if it stays alive.

• Like 1

I sent several yesterday, and still haven't arrived. I have received a few emails with this screenshot from Evernote stating, "We couldn't deliver your message. The emailed note was received, but an internal error coocured while processing it...". Today, I sent four tests, and two have arrived in Evernote.

`image.thumb.png.cc4c1a388959c703390dc9b000ac33d9.png

• Level 5
20 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Frankly, I've always found emailing into Evernote to be hit-or-miss. I have a fairly small account and don't do this often, so I just tried forwarding a fairly simple email as a test. I'll keep watch to see when/if it arrives.

I sent the email a little after 6:00 PM Friday, and it appeared in my default notebook Saturday morning. The note has a creation time of 10:37 AM, around 16 1/2 hours after the email was sent. I presume that that is when the email was processed and the note created, though I don't know that it tells me that that was when the email was received. FWIW.

• Administrator

I'm looking into this. I just tried a few times and it seems to be working fine (all notes appeared in no more than 10s). Two questions:

1. Is this still happening? We were migrating/updating some mail-related stuff on Friday.
  2. If yes, how many emails do you forward per day? There is a theoretical cap at 200 emails/day, but that's been there for years and we haven't changed that logic.
  • Level 5*

Thanks for looking into this!

Everything seems fine again for me - newly forwarded emails just appeared within a few minutes,  and checking against my 'sent items' folder in Outlook everything has been received.  Any issues may have been related to Friday.  For the record I automatically forward a maximum of 10 emails per day - mostly just routine stuff like newsletters for reading later.

• Like 1
The bug is back in this latest mac version, 10.60.4 when the pop-up window does not close after creating a reminder and clicking 'create task'. The reminder saves but the window is not closing.

1 hour ago, Federico Simionato said:

Thank you. Let me know if something breaks again. It should actually be stabler AND faster after the migration, but since it's so early after we completed it there might be something we overlooked.

Mail forwarding ceased working for me early this morning. I got one through very early on today and then none in the last 6 hours. I've been using Evernote for over 10 years and email forwarding has glitched quite often but it's never taken this long for forwarded emails to arrive before. I have restarted the Mac app, restarted my Mac, restarted my internet and sent emails with the email address I used to other people who replied to me so they received my emails. When will this problem be fixed?

It still seems to be hit or miss. Some arrive correctly after about 10 seconds, some just don't show up in a reasonable time.

My email load will be about 100 e-mails a day. Has been working fine mostly but since the service release on the backend last wednesday it's very unstable.

Friday was a very hard day, with long wait times (over 10 hours). Now it's just quite random with about a 50/50% chance of arriving in normal fashion of about 10secs to a minute, the rest will hopely turn up later in the day.

• Evernote Expert

Rebooting etc is unlikely to resolve incoming Evernote notes via Email. This is a server side function. It would only help if you were having general sync issues.

We know that last Friday Email maintenance was undertaken and that this may have caused issues then.

If this continues for you then open a support ticket.

38 minutes ago, Federico Simionato said:

Probably you guys have no idea how useful reports like these are to us :)

We investigated, the reason it was 50/50 is because we have 2 servers processing emails (for load balancing). Mails are assigned randomly to one of them.

During the (Italian) night, one server stopped processing emails but for some reason our alerting system was not triggered.

No data is ever lost, as you know from your experience, it just takes a reboot to get it working again. But we're now looking into why it stops working sometimes.

If you encounter further issues please tell me, we aim at processing all emails in no more than a few seconds.

Thank you for the update and investigation done. 

Keep up the good work. We know there are lots of things happening and much work to be done, so hiccups are to be expected. The road is bumpy but it'll pay off in the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am having problems with email forwarding today. Earlier today, I received an error message saying that AOL was unable to deliver my messasge to my personal evernote email address due to "spam content" - but, the email only contained a Word itineary that I created. Subsequently,  only 4 of 6 forwarded Southwest flight confirmations were added to my Evernote folder. I have checked both my Android phone app and web versions (Android phone & Lenovo laptop) - the two missing emails do not appear in either version. Evernote web on my Androd phone says that it does not support my browser at this moment and to make sure that I am using the latest version of Chrome. I did check, and my Chrome is indeed up to date. Can you please help?

• Level 5*

Hi.  If AOL was unwilling to deliver your message,  that was an AOL issue,  not an Evernote one.  Phones don't generally offer useful access to Evernote Web,  though it should be available on a tablet.  Can you use any other methods to add the missing information to your notes?  Share from a phone / copy&paste on a tablet or laptop?

• Level 5

Spam mails are a massive problem on the web, so on all levels there are spam filters trying to remove the ***** from the waves.

This can lead to a problem when mails are detected as being "spammy" without being spam. Because emails pass through several servers - most of them with a relay function - the filtering can take place not only on the sending and the receiving server, but anywhere in between as well.

False positives are always possible. Sometimes the sender is notified. This in turn allows the spammer to fine tune their mailing strategy to work around the filtering. So in many cases the spam is not returned, it is simply erased without notice. I know this is not satisfactory, but it is better to use other means to move content from a source to your EN account.

One example would be to "print" the email to a pdf file, and then share this file. If attachments are important, you can share the attachments directly into EN. It is not as nice as simply forwarding an email, but it is safer.