Evernote 10.57.6 for Mac very slow to load notes

Ever since this update, when I click on a note, the content pane is blank for a long delay (sometimes 10 seconds, sometimes 20 seconds, sometimes doesn't seem to load at all).  In the bottom right it says "Saving...".  After the pane finally loads the note contents, this text changes to "All changes saved."

OS Version: Mac Ventura 13.2.1

• Like 1

Same. Also as of 2 days ago Evernote DESKTOP,  paid "Evernote Professional" version, just randomly drops large chunks of edits / additions to notes. From desktop. Not available in Note History. Why am I paying for this again?

• Level 5
2 hours ago, raojenkins said:

…. Why am I paying for this again?

´cause it give you access to support, which I would use in your case.

No idea what might have happened, just that a) it hasn’t happened to me (yet ?) and b) there is a number of similar forum postings. Usually that‘s a clear sign that something is amiss in general, not only on an individual basis.

Which again means that the more support tickets they receive, preferably from the device where the problem occurred and briefly after it happened, and with an activity log attached to the ticket, the better they can analyze what’s going on, and take countermeasures.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

It currently depends whether you open a note created before May 2023 for the first time, or not.

Older notes need to be converted to the RTE data structure. This is a one time action, shouldn’t repeat itself when the note is opened a second time.

If it is for all notes, your local database is likely corrupted. The time one to open a note is for me a second or two. You should in this case delete it, and let EN install a fresh copy.

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
  5. Let the initial download run, and leave the app open. It will take a while to download the full content, for offline use.
On 5/27/2023 at 3:50 PM, PinkElephant said:

´cause it give you access to support, which I would use in your case.

No idea what might have happened, just that a) it hasn’t happened to me (yet ?) and b) there is a number of similar forum postings. Usually that‘s a clear sign that something is amiss in general, not only on an individual basis.

Which again means that the more support tickets they receive, preferably from the device where the problem occurred and briefly after it happened, and with an activity log attached to the ticket, the better they can analyze what’s going on, and take countermeasures.

thanks - helpful -- good to know there are similar forum postings. Will submit a ticket, as it's still happening.

Evernote is unusable like this. I lost content all the day and must restore it all the time. It is not serious.

After user Evernote for years as a paid user, I think I will migrate on Notion

On 5/29/2023 at 3:17 PM, PinkElephant said:

It currently depends whether you open a note created before May 2023 for the first time, or not.

Older notes need to be converted to the RTE data structure. This is a one time action, shouldn’t repeat itself when the note is opened a second time.

If it is for all notes, your local database is likely corrupted. The time one to open a note is for me a second or two. You should in this case delete it, and let EN install a fresh copy.

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
  5. Let the initial download run, and leave the app open. It will take a while to download the full content, for offline use.

Thanks, that helped a lot

• Like 1

I am having the same problem. So you're saying it's expected behavior for a note to take 30 seconds to a minute to load, showing nothing but a blank screen the whole time? That is . . .  unreasonable! Especially without a note or popup to say "hang on while we convert to RTE." It is genuinely unusable now.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

It tells what is happening.

You decide what's acceptable for yourself.

We have learned something more: It can repeat itself, even on notes that should have been converted already. And there is seemingly no pattern - some notes open at once, some take a lot of time to open. 

If this is acceptable for yourself you can find out now.

I JUST DELETED EVERNOTE and reinstalled from their web site...   and SLOW NOTE LOADING ISSUES SOLVED !

Used AppCleaner to remove all parts of it 👍🏿 REBOOTED then REINSTALLED.

• Thanks 2
14 hours ago, OneDrop said:

I JUST DELETED EVERNOTE and reinstalled from their web site...   and SLOW NOTE LOADING ISSUES SOLVED !

Used AppCleaner to remove all parts of it 👍🏿 REBOOTED then REINSTALLED.

I have done this approx. 15 times again and again and it did not solve the problem. Extremely frustrating and not reliable. Lost some notes. 

Are they actually working on this?

• Sad 1
On 5/30/2023 at 6:27 PM, raojenkins said:

thanks - helpful -- good to know there are similar forum postings. Will submit a ticket, as it's still happening.

Waste of effort I have been waiting 4 days for even thanks we are looking message. I suggest everyone does a backup of data looks like Bending Spoons is experiencing the Geller effect.

it "seems" to open notes w/in a couple seconds unless i haven't opened it in a long while so probs what PinkElephant said:

"On 5/29/2023 at 7:17 AM, PinkElephant said:

: /

On 5/29/2023 at 7:17 AM, PinkElephant said:

12 hours ago, OneDrop said:

As reported somewhere else today: I have reasons not to believe that this is a case for one time conversion: notes editet and converted yesterday with web-app had to be saved, converted and waited for once again today (after new login with new bult cache).

May be that notes wich have been converted and are stored to local cache load faster, but if you lose cache, the converting process starts again?

• Level 5

We learn something every other day about it: No, it is not a one timer as we first thought. Communication from EN leads to the assumption that it is a backend issue that reduces speed on opting notes. They say they are working hard to fix it.

6 hours ago, HeBoIz said:

On 5/29/2023 at 7:17 AM, PinkElephant said:

As reported somewhere else today: I have reasons not to believe that this is a case for one time conversion: notes editet and converted yesterday with web-app had to be saved, converted and waited for once again today (after new login with new bult cache).

May be that notes wich have been converted and are stored to local cache load faster, but if you lose cache, the converting process starts again?

I agree with this assessment.