How to publish in website as link?

• Level 5

Welcome to the forums. Are you just wanting to share what you have gathered into this notebook with other people, or do you want others to be able to edit the notes in the notebook? I'm not sure that an entire notebook can be shared with editing privileges. But if you just want people to be able to read what you've got, it is possible (I haven't tried it myself) to export an entire notebook as HTML. Go to Evernote Help & Learning and search for "export notebook."

• Level 5*

...and if you go to the Notebooks page and click the three dots menu you can share a notebook by email address,  when it is possible to set the view / edit / edit and invite options.

• Evernote Expert

You should make your suggestion to Evernote via a support ticket. This function is not, currently, supported. 

Did you look at the Postach.io route suggested? A third party application but it would give a URL for the notebook together with all the content flagged for publication.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This used to be a feature - see attached.  Unfortunately, it seems to have been removed, although it is not clear which version.  It just says not available in the new Evernote for Mac.  

Evernote - it would be really helpful if you add this feature back into the product please.

image.thumb.png.b54ac22be0ae630b441a54be3cd86f44.png

Thanks. Yes, I've had a look at postash.io. However it doesn't support a specific music filetype (.tef) which I have in the Notebook.  I have a list of music files that I make available for people to download. Doesn't look like postash.io will work for this.

It's disappointing that Evernote significantly increase the annual subscription price and remove functionality at the same time.  I've been using the other feature for years.

12 minutes ago, banjo5man said:

However it doesn't support a specific music filetype (.tef) which I have in the Notebook.  I have a list of music files that I make available for people to download. Doesn't look like postash.io will work for this.

How big is the notebook? You can obviously still publish individual notes. You could also create a master note which contains links to the shared notes. Unfortunately you need to do this manually as the internal or weblink for internal use within EN is different from the sharing link. For a small number of notes it is probably ok but not if you've got more than say 10 notes in the notebook. If you could merge notes that might make it easier.

A process I used is:

1. Create a TOC for the notes as you would normally - ie select them all, copy internal links and then paste into a new note (the master note) - preferably into a bulleted list to make it easier to move them around.
  2. Then for each note in the list go to the note, share it and copy the share url. Then back in the master note edit the link and change it from the internal link to the shared url
  3. Finally share the master note. This is then the only link you need to give to the people you are sharing with.

Tedious but doable for a small number of notes. If EN really don't want to allow publishing a notebook then adding a facility to share and copy the shared links to the multi-select menu might be a way forward.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, banjo5man said:

It's disappointing that Evernote significantly increase the annual subscription price and remove functionality at the same time.

I suppose EN would argue that you can share notebooks with whoever you like, they just need to have a free EN account. As far as I can see, and with some limited experience,  shared notebooks aren't included in the 50 note limit. EN are hardly unique in harvesting personal details in order to access free content.

• Level 5

Actually EN did not increase a subscription price and remove a feature. The open sharing of notebooks was remove in 2020.

It may be that users of old, deprecated software just didn’t notice.

The described use case is typical for websites. The solution here is to build a website (either yourself through Wordpress, or by one of the many website builders) and share these specific music files from there.