"Syncing temporarily paused."

Go to solution Solved by Scott T.,

3 minutos atrás, PinkElephant disse:

You are aware that Notion has no offline capabilities at all. It like web client only, for everybody.

OneNote is another alternative... But I got some very annoying sync issues in the past... I heard that MS has been rewrote the entire Sync Engine in the latest version. 

I guess maybe it's the time to take a look into it again.

I've tried lots of other apps, including OneNote (hate the free form, no preview of PDF), and always stayed with Evernote. 

I've seen bigger companies have issues like this before and no one ran away from them. 

Let's see what happens and hope it is back up soon.

• Like 3

Same problem here. Since 7:30 AM Wednesday October 4th 2023.

"Syncing temporarily paused. You can continue editing while Evernote reconnects."

Status indicator says "Saving..."

New Note Titles will not populate on Windows Desktop version in Notebook lists. All say "Untitled" Tags seem to work and update in the list view, however.

3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Just posted in another thread: I get the message on the web client, but at the same time it is syncing and shows new notes created on another device.

So it seems it’s up, but doesn’t know himself.

Same here "Syncing temporarily paused. You can continue editing while Evernote reconnects." on the web client, but newly updated note shows changes on the Android App ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Angry said:

I will probably loose quite a bit of text if I close the web editor.

I tried to refresh the page and got a warning like You will loose shti! 

Copy and paste your text into a local app until the current outage is over?

13 minutes ago, mpassosbr said:

In my case, I'm using Apple Notes (I'm on a Mac), and guys... It works (pretty) fine.

But I think there is no native export function? Only third party apps.

For me it looks like a user lock in. 

Message to the Evernote team: congratulations guys, you quickly took over the problem and were transparent about the incident. Problems happen, and what differentiates serious companies from amateurs is how they deal with them. I still love Evernote and I don't know what my life would be without it. 😘

• Like 4
  • Level 5

In such a case it often helps to take the app or device really offline. Login and app use are 2 different channels. The app may believe it is still online, when in fact it can’t access the server data. Taking it offline severes all links, and then it starts to use the existing offline database (desktop).

On the Mac I use the app TripMode to selectively take one or more apps offline, without a need to take the whole computer from the net.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Angry said:

But I think there is no native export function? Only third party apps.

For me it looks like a user lock in. 

I'm afraid I didn't expressed myself properly: I said I was using Apple Notes while EN wasn't working as expected (as a backup solution).

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, just adding my experience: I have been constantly getting the "syncing temporarily paused" note for what feels like weeks now. Every time I open evernote and open a new note, it's bound to pop up, and then disappear, and then pop back up repeatedly. So far (knock on wood) I haven't actually lost any content. But it is still worrying (and somewhat annoying) to see it keep popping up. This is on my desktop evernote app, on a Dell laptop, running Windows 11. 

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, lima said:

This is on my desktop evernote app, on a Dell laptop, running Windows 11. 

Also Dell (but desktop) and Win 11 - I haven't seen the message for weeks.  Are you connecting through a firewall? VPN? Busy network? - It may be your network connection that's the issue here...

• 3 months later...

I"m having the same problem. "Syncing temporarily paused. You can continue editing while Evernote reconnects."

Except it's not temporary. It stays that way for a half hour. And the note which I edited on my phone is not updated in Evernote Web.

I'm using web based Evernote Web in Chromium browser [Version 121.0.6167.184 (Official Build) snap (64-bit)] on Ubuntu 22. This is an HP-cn172063cl laptop.

I also use it on my Android phone, but I don't have a sync problem there.

I'm not: connecting through a firewall, using a VPN, or using a busy network.

Evernote.Syncing.Temporarily.Paused2024-02-20..10-23-31.png

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, webmanoffesto said:

I"m having the same problem.

Hmmn.  What version number of Evernote?  Tried the usual suspects?  Log out and back in / power system off and back on / clean re-install?

On 2/20/2024 at 11:14 AM, webmanoffesto said:

Signing out and then signing back in seems to have fixed the problem. I'll watch to see if the problem comes back.

The error message came back the next day. "Syncing temporarily paused. You can continue editing while Evernote reconnects."

This time signing out and signing back in didn't fix the problem. The message seemed to go away, but as soon as I began editing a note in Evernote Web on my laptop the message came back.

There is not an Evernote Ubuntu app. I have used NixNote2 but sometimes that has it's own sync problems. 

With the "Syncing temporarily paused" message displayed, I edited a note (on my laptop, Evernote web) and the change was reflected on my phone (Evernote app).

I created a note on my phone and that note appeared on my laptop. 

According to these tests the "Syncing temporarily paused" is incorrect. They are being synced. 

• Level 5*
On 2/22/2024 at 12:25 AM, webmanoffesto said:

as soon as I began editing a note in Evernote Web

Don't believe I've ever seen that message pop up in the browser connection - do I take it you're not using Mac or Windows?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, webmanoffesto said:

No, I'm using Ubuntu 22.

Hmmn.  Don't know what (if any) extra layer of complexity that involves for syncing,  but it's a Support question for sure;  Linux not covered,  but Evernote in a browser should be OK regardless...  As an incentive to speak to them - my last Support request was just answered after 7 days,  so things may be getting better!