Templates are gone?

Amy Payne - Lasting Order

Idea

On the desktop version for Mac and PC, my templates are no longer available. It pops up a window with a few suggested templates (not even the full list of Evernote templates) and does not give me the tab for my templates. When I logged into a web browser, the options are still there. I also do not see the option to save my note as a template. Any ideas??

15 replies to this idea

• Level 5

I've seen a few posts similar to this, I think, and I believe that the workaround (which is not obvious and not very efficient) is to make some edit in the new note--type a couple of letters and delete them, change the title, anything--and the proper template options will appear. This is according to my recall only, which is not always total these days!

The general advice if a desktop version is being glitchy but the web version works OK is to rebuild the database. Sign out  and choose "Remove my data from this device". You can then sign back in again and the database will be rebuilt. No guarantees but it does seem to solve all sorts of problems where the web version works.

2 hours ago, Reverse Engineer said:

I had been keeping my templates as notes to this day. This backup helped now that templates are gone. But custom templates or templates gallery are removed is such an important feature for me.

Why do you think they are gone? Create a new note and you see

image.png.255b3b59d4d85a13e13d8c1b3d5ed637.png

Click open gallery and then choose between your saved templates and the EN ones

image.png.af0eb23af07637ddcea1263a802a637f.png

Different to legacy but not gone.

On 8/16/2023 at 1:01 PM, Mike P said:

Why do you think they are gone? Create a new note and you see

image.png.255b3b59d4d85a13e13d8c1b3d5ed637.png

Click open gallery and then choose between your saved templates and the EN ones

image.png.af0eb23af07637ddcea1263a802a637f.png

Different to legacy but not gone.

I don't see the same interface for Windows at least. (Version: 10.60.4)

Here is a screenshot of when I create a new note:

image.thumb.png.4977f5facdf4170a9f604dfae9f01f06.png

When I click on Add more, I only get option to choose from existing templates and not from my custom templates which I had created.

image.thumb.png.f047629a4dc898cdf2d8dad7ae983f6b.png

PS: I also see the option to convert a note to a template missing. May be the feature has been entirely removed.

Hi,

Today I've just updated my evernote desktop to the latest version (10.61.4-win-ddl-public (20230829093334) | Editor: v176.8.0 |Service: v1.72.6) and have had the same problem as @Reverse Engineer : I can see predefined suggested templates but can't open template gallery and can't find my own templates anywhere...

My subscription level is "Personal". 

I would be grateful if you could help me with that. I'm very used to work with personal templates; I think it's a wonderful feature that allows tailoring evernote to nearly any working scenario. I'm positive that the Evernote team will solve it in upcoming updates. I'm must say that from time to time, a valuable feature disappears after updating but it comes back after a few weeks. I'm very satisfied with that; you guys do a nice work with keeping the software working with high performance.

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, GerardCS said:

I can see predefined suggested templates but can't open template gallery and can't find my own templates anywhere...

So just to confirm, when you create a new note you do not see

image.png.6eb29e183c8a32fc47f166ae5ebaf3e1.png

I am also on personal and using 

10.61.4-win-ddl-public (20230829093334)
Editor: v176.8.0
Service: v1.72.6
© 2019 - 2023 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

I would try the web client and if that works refresh your desktop version by logging out and choosing to not save the data. I would also check that EN also believes that you are on a personal subscription. (Tools 🢂 Account info).

After that I think you will need to contact support https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hi @Mike P,

Exactly; that was the problem. I only saw "add more"; when clicking there, only a few pre-defined templates were available, but not my templates nor the former gallery. I am using the past tense because this morning, a new update has appeared when launching Evernote desktop:

10.61.5-win-ddl-public (20230831054637)
Service: v1.72.10
© 2019 - 2023 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

Once updated, the problem has been solved and now i can see the bouton "...Open Gallery" with all my templates there.

I am really grateful to the Evernote team for having solved this so quickly.

I am having the same issue - my mbair (macbook air) doesnt really matter of the device, though is the one thats missing the templates.
Same as @GerardCS

Please help this get fixed - I need my daily journal template otherwise its a pain to copy paste a previous one and delete the text and keep just the headings.

mbpro version - with templates:
10.70.2-mac-ddl-public (20240102101123)
Editor: v176.48.1
Service: v1.86.1
© 2019 - 2024 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

mbair version - without templates:
10.61.5-mac-mas-public (20230831054637)
Service: v1.72.10
© 2019 - 2024 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved
  • Level 5

Maybe because it all works - at least for me.

And if it works I don’t need to think about how to get it back - and even if, I couldn’t try.

The only hint I can give is that if you installed from the App Store, erase the install, download from the EN website and start fresh.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Maybe because it all works - at least for me.

And if it works I don’t need to think about how to get it back - and even if, I couldn’t try.

The only hint I can give is that if you installed from the App Store, erase the install, download from the EN website and start fresh.

Thanks actually you pointed me in the right direction, I was trying to do Help --> Check for updates and it kept telling me it sup to date.
What you made me realise I had to go into the App Store and then update from there - now thats done and bam! it works.

Thank you!!

• Like 1