Offer 50% off Personal

• 2 weeks later...

This is really frustrating. I am looking at an offer page for 25% Off and it really makes it look like you get the discount forever but if you read the fine print and do some math you realize it is only for one year.

EVERNOTE BUSINESS/BILLING/DESIGNER PEOPLE:

1. Don't be so shady. Your company is already having trust issues with lifelong customers.
  2. If you are doing an offer make the timeframe of the offer very clear ON THE OFFER PAGE. 
  3. Just put some simple text on the offer page. See screenshot with added text.
    • I am so frustrated because this should be so easy and obvious to do. Because you didn't do it, it becomes clear you are purposefully burying the information.
  4. Link to the support article which apparently exists but was not linked to from anywhere on the offer page.
    1. https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/8335115170323
  5. Just a bit of the information that is contained in that article to the offer page.
    1. Evernote.thumb.png.27e8229e435bd1bf6001d10f45604f03.png

• Haha 1

How on earth is it shady? It’s a discount on an ANNUAL subscription, the annual part is all the clue that’s needed. I can’t fathom why anyone would get a on time discount on an annual subscription and assume it will last forever. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

@epizoic needs to be send to snake oil vendors school, to graduate with a snake oil vendors diploma. This will make him smell snake oil when applied, and will make him avoid the slippery road to misunderstand what can’t be misunderstood.

Since you can only buy a maximum of 1 year subscriptions, any discount can only apply to this year. And after that is later, and a whole new ballgame.

22 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

@epizoic needs to be send to snake oil vendors school, to graduate with a snake oil vendors diploma. This will make him smell snake oil when applied, and will make him avoid the slippery road to misunderstand what can’t be misunderstood.

Since you can only buy a maximum of 1 year subscriptions, any discount can only apply to this year. And after that is later, and a whole new ballgame.

However, if he selects the "Bill Yearly" option then it will renew at a higher price than he expected.  Same thing with the cable or satellite radio companies ie: they offer you discounts but when it renews it suddenly jumps up to the "regular rate".  This is not a bad thing if you planned on staying with them long term anyway because it simply means that you enjoyed a discount for as long as it was available.  I would agree that for services (like EN) that renew automatically it should be clear if the discount you are signing up for has an expiration date.  Also, I wonder if EN would downgrade the service back to the original tier for those customers who didn't expect that it would renew at a higher price.  

• Thanks 1
  • Evernote Expert
12 minutes ago, idoc said:

Also, I wonder if EN would downgrade the service back to the original tier for those customers who didn't expect that it would renew at a higher price.

If you upgrade from Plus or Premium then that rate will be lost for the future of you take an upgrade to Personal. So it is wise to consider your options. I recently declined a free trial of Professional since I would lose the grand-fathered price that I currently have and not get it of I decided not to stay with Professional after the promotional period.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...