Evernote on Chromebook: It Installs The Old Evernote

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

I generally prefer Evernote Web, but it would be nice if I were able to use Evernote offline on my Chromebook (with the newest, re-designed version). Currently, Google Play still installs the old Evernote for Android before the re-design, on my Chromebook (Acer Chromebook Spin 514). Any news on when Chromebooks would get the re-design that mobile devices get?

Evernote Chromebook: 8.13.3

Evernote Mobile: 10.26

• Like 1
  • Level 5
  • Solution

EN still requires Android 10 or up as OS. They said they will look at earlier Android versions, but watching the problems with the newer ones I doubt it will happen.

As a consequence the PlayStore offers EN legacy as compatible version.

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...
On 2/14/2022 at 9:17 AM, Sylvio said:

My two Chromebook and one Chromebox all run Android 9, which means that I, too, can only use the older Android version of Evernote. 

For whatever it's worth, I'd like to see the new Evernote for Android work with Android 9, too. 

I generally prefer Evernote Web, but it would be nice if I were able to use Evernote offline on my Chromebook (with the newest, re-designed version). Currently, Google Play still installs the old Evernote for Android before the re-design, on my Chromebook (Acer Chromebook Spin 514). Any news on when Chromebooks would get the re-design that mobile devices get?

Evernote Chromebook: 8.13.3

Evernote Mobile: 10.26

• Level 5
15 minutes ago, Coffee First Thing said:

My two Chromebook and one Chromebox all run Android 9, which means that I, too, can only use the older Android version of Evernote. 

For whatever it's worth, I'd like to see the new Evernote for Android work with Android 9, too. 

Me too, on a Samsung phone. But I've pretty much given up hope that they're going to reach back to do it, since their momentum is (naturally enough) forward. Such is life ... You've still got a book sitting around that you started senior year, and you're definitely going to finish it some day, right? :)

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Hi @Dave-in-Decatur , talking through the flower now (you understand when translating to German) ?

Personally I doubt we will see a release of v10 for older Android devices. They would need a framework that supports it, and as time goes by, the number of unsupported devices is dwindling. I think they really should focus on sorting out the „new“ Android client, instead of having 2 clients with trouble. From the last posts on Android I got the impression they may be on a good path with the latest releases.

• Haha 1

I have a fairly new chrome book and it installed the old version on that too. I assume it must be registering as Android 9? 

Thankfully not too big a deal for me, a bit naff that home and tasks etc aren’t there but I think I’m more inclined to use the web app as chrome books are shockingly slow in my view, web app will run quicker than trying to start the download. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5
14 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

talking through the flower now (you understand when translating to German) ?

:D I had to look up "durch die Blume sagen" (Google Translate is too literalistic), but yes, I realize that I do tend to talk "through the flower" quite a bit. So my updated profile pic is quite appropriate!

WRT Android, my old phone won't take the new Evernote app, which may be just as well when I see the complaints about how slow it is. I'm doing OK without it, and have a speedy Windows laptop if I need to do more than is possible on the phone.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, annijonn said:

Can you share the method of download and how can we install it, so please share the method it will be helpful for everyone. 

I just went on the play store and downloaded Evernote from there. When I opened it, it was an older version, so I just use the webapp on the chrome book. 

• 5 weeks later...