Evernote for Android version 10.7 Release notes

• Level 5

New:

• You can now change the background color and pattern for your sketches.
  • Stability and performance improvements.

Fixed:

• The ‘done’ and ‘undo’ buttons would sometimes get stuck behind the status bar at the top of your screen, but now they’ll stay within reach at all times.
  • The Reminders tab would sometimes disappear after you changed the sort options for a notebook, but not anymore.
  • An issue that caused the app to crash, or an indefinite white screen.

Coming Soon:

• Home is a better way to start your day in Evernote, and it’s coming soon to Android!

I really hope there are some bug fixes that are not documented in the release notes. Because otherwise, this is incredibly underwhelming, even with the caveat that this release focuses on preparing to release the "Home" feature for Android.

@Roy Douglas@matej1990 Would you mind testing some of the editor bugs you've been tracking once this version rolls out to you? I will do the same and report back. Thank you.

• Like 2

No update is available. Not sure if I will ever get this stable version, because I'm in a beta group. At the moment I'm using beta v10.7 (1111752) - from 23. march, which was already tested and the editor still has the same bugs that were reported from the beginning of the v10 testing on android.

• Thanks 1

v10dan v8e geçtim. Çok rahatım. Sizler her güncelleme de uygulamayı daha berbat hale getiriyorsunuz :( korkumdan güncelleme yapamıyorum. ''görüntü işlenemedi '' hatası nı düzelteceğinize ve uygullamayı hızlandıracağınıza yeni özellikler ekliyorsunuz. Bence gerek yok . 

On 4/1/2021 at 4:19 PM, Paul A. said:

I really hope there are some bug fixes that are not documented in the release notes. Because otherwise, this is incredibly underwhelming, even with the caveat that this release focuses on preparing to release the "Home" feature for Android.

@Roy Douglas@matej1990 Would you mind testing some of the editor bugs you've been tracking once this version rolls out to you? I will do the same and report back. Thank you.

Yeah what @matej1990 said - already tested 10.7 when it was in beta and editor bugs not fixed.  The one design defect that I reported of external links opening within Evernote has been resolved (they now open in default browser), but nothing else.

• Sad 3
  • Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, Alxa said:

At me too 10.6 latest version. Evernote goes on with announcing but not delivering. Symptomatic, since the course of leaving behind native apps.

The roll out of a release depends upon two things. 1. The version of Android and device in question. 2. The release schedule that the Google Play Store implements.

I got version 10.7 today 7 April 2021 but it was released 7 days ago. If you have version 10.6 then you can expect 10.7 soon when Play Store sends it your direction.

On 4/1/2021 at 10:19 PM, Paul A. said:

Got stable v10.7.2 (1112038) version via Google Play store. Both new beta features (Home and Tasks) from beta version of the app are gone. So again, some weird testing approach. I was expecting to have both beta features integrated in the stable version, but no. So basically now I got newer, but inferior version installed. 😑 I really like Home.

No old editor bugs fixes. 😔
@Shane D. Please, PLEASE fix this seriously annoying note editing bug with space/enter on Android:

I mean, to be able to normally edit a note is basic/minimum stuff, that should always work. This should be your No. 1 priority. Instead it's a bug that is at least 5 months old now.

• Thanks 1

Technically your picture is downloaded, but it's just black. 😛
I have tried to save a picture from a note on my phone and same happened. Got just a black picture. So another bug in the buggy v10 android app.

V10 is a mess on android at the moment from the very beginning. Support is super slow, feedback info seems like it's not getting to the developers - you give them feedback but you don't get anything (bugfixes) back. I'm using android version just for reading my notes and do all my editing on windows, where basic Evernote functionalities are working (but still not fully restored from pre v10 era).

• Like 2

I have also lost both Beta features on Android 10.7.2. I hope Evernote can do better job at managing how Betas are rolled out or removed, especially in terms of communications, because I do try to build some workflows around new features to properly test the apps, but if they can appear / disappear randomly, it is hard for me to commit to a workflow around those features, which defeats the purpose of signing up for beta in the first place if I do not dare to use the features being tested.

Edited by Fu Sing
Typo
  • Like 1

For two months now, the button (checkmark) for confirming the saving of the note is inactive on the phone, so I cannot save any notes on the phone (only on the PC).
Application version - 1.7.2 (1112038), phone - Honor 8X, account subscription - PLUS.
Tell me a possible way to solve the problem or give a link to the topic if the solution to this problem has already been discussed1027657058_005335.thumb.png.ee76623ae31af7014f5272cfd09a35c1.png

On 4/7/2021 at 2:36 AM, Guest Alexandre said:

I have updated to version 10.7 and now Evernote is not working. Not even opening on my Galaxy S21

Same here. Re.installed from the Amazon app store today, nothing works, keeps crashing. Have manually added all permissions (were not asked for during installation) but no improvement.

"You can now change the background color and pattern for your sketches."

Really?!?!

Don't _______ care.  

The only release note I want to see, for the next 10 releases in a row, is "5 % speed and performance improvement."  Only after that should you be bothering with these trifling features.

• Like 1
  • Shane D. unpinned and unfeatured this topic