cannot save a new note in android

I just upgraded two days ago, but cannot save a new quick note. I restarted, uninstalled, restarted, installed, restarted.The checkbox for saving stayed grayed out and will not let me save. What is the solution?! This is a feature I rely on.

Dee

I cannot help with this issue but on my side I see a similair issue. I started to use brand new Android 10 device and installed Evernote. The installation happened seemless but I cannot save a new Note on this device. Syncing notes and editing notes is all fine but not able to save a new note. When i try to save a new note the green hook in the left top site does not get green to indicate there is a change and it's not klickable but greyed out. 

i tried to add all available app permissions on android system level but no effect on this.

Any ideas?

I have another Android Smartphon in use which does not show same effect.

Harald

I also have this same problem, and I am unable to take a photo with the app on my Android phone either.

I'm not a developer, but I think there might be a bug in the permissions.  The storage permission for the app gives media/camera permission, but not permission for all files.  I think this might be why the app cannot save anything new, but can still retrieve older web-based content for viewing.  It's the difference between loading a webpage in your browser (old notes) vs. saving a file on your phone (new notes).

Could you let me know what permissions do you see under Storage for the app on your device?  This will help me confirm whether my theory is correct.

If there are any developers seeing this post, please double check that the permissions are coded correctly.  Thank you!

I found a way to fix the quick notes. Maybe it will work for you. Where it says "Start writing or choose a Template", I clicked on Template. I selected Chore Chart, but then I just went back to the note without applying the template. The hook/checkmark was green! Now I can make quick notes without a problem. I hope this trick can solve your problem, too. 

Thanks!  I just chatted with someone in support on the web.  I sent them my logs and the person said that Evernote is aware of the issue and is working on it.  Here is the workaround that the support person said to do, and I have confirmed that this works on my phone.  I hope this helps you all as well!

Upon checking, I can confirm that the issue you're experiencing is the same issue that other users are encountering.

Please know that we're currently aware of this issue and working on a fix at this time. In the meantime, please try the following to mitigate the problem:

1. Rename your default notebook using Evernote Web on a computer or by using your mobile device's browser in desktop mode.

2. Go to the Google Play Store and check for updates to Evernote. If you have one, update the app.

3. If you don't have an update, sign out and sign into Evernote

4. Verify if new notes now save in your default notebook.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

that fixed it for me, however appeared to need one more step.

go to notebooks - notebook settings - default notebook

with mine, the OLD name of the default appears, give it the tick to select.

then back in app, notes will save to the default - however in the note, the NEW name of the default appears as the notebook it is saved to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/23/2021 at 2:17 PM, dddever said:

I found a way to fix the quick notes. Maybe it will work for you. Where it says "Start writing or choose a Template", I clicked on Template. I selected Chore Chart, but then I just went back to the note without applying the template. The hook/checkmark was green! Now I can make quick notes without a problem. I hope this trick can solve your problem, too. 

Did not work for me when trying to create a new note. I clicked on "Template" and the note was still frozen. Checkmark remained grayed out.

• 1 year later...
On 3/23/2021 at 1:46 PM, klliopatra said:

Thanks!  I just chatted with someone in support on the web.  I sent them my logs and the person said that Evernote is aware of the issue and is working on it.  Here is the workaround that the support person said to do, and I have confirmed that this works on my phone.  I hope this helps you all as well!

Upon checking, I can confirm that the issue you're experiencing is the same issue that other users are encountering.

Please know that we're currently aware of this issue and working on a fix at this time. In the meantime, please try the following to mitigate the problem:

1. Rename your default notebook using Evernote Web on a computer or by using your mobile device's browser in desktop mode.

2. Go to the Google Play Store and check for updates to Evernote. If you have one, update the app.

3. If you don't have an update, sign out and sign into Evernote

4. Verify if new notes now save in your default notebook.

Thank you so much, klliopatra! This fix worked for me. November, 2022, and they still haven't fixed this problem.

• Level 5

If it did not appear here for a full year, it looks more like a occasional glitch than a wide spread problem. But good as a reminder - if you issued a support ticket ?

If not, it will go unnoticed that another user encountered the same problem.

• 5 months later...

I had the huge default notebook (20K notes). Following Reddit I created an empty folder and make it the default one using web interface. It fixed the problem.

Old big folder still is not shown properly - saying it has 46 (!) notes only.

All other actions, including reinstalling (phone reset), clearing storage, etc didn't help.