Jump to content

sjpschmid

Level 2
  • Content Count

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About sjpschmid

Profile Information

  • Subscription
    BASIC
  1. Thanks for your reply. Are you sure that this content is OCR'd? I did not think that it was. Even if it was, it does not seem right that EN gives different results when searching All Notes vs. when searching just within one note. This has happened to me many times.
  2. Thanks for checking into this. I agree with your sentiments about being better to find hidden content. It is strange, though, that it would be found when searching All Notes, and not within just a single note. I have experienced this behavior many times.
  3. Yes, my issue was the "false positive" when searching All Notes. The correct result was obtained when just searching within the note. I have experienced this often - where the results of a single note search differ from that of the All Notes search.
  4. No, if you look at the screenshot I provided, there was no typo. I searched for "asila". And this was just one example. I have gotten incorrect search results many times.
  5. Yes, there are images in the note. Here is the full URL: https://www.sfchronicle.com/travel/article/Top-10-California-parks-Spend-the-night-but-12902181.php#
  6. Evernote often has incorrect results to searches done over all one's notes. Here is a simple example. I searched on the term "aslia", and it returned one note. But then when you search within that note, it shows there are actually no matches. The search within a single note seems to always work. I have attached two screenshots - one showing the global search result, and the other showing the conflicting search result within the one note. I have also attached an activity log. Evernote_6.18.4.8489_20190909.log
  7. Thanks, CalS. That is good info. But as you suspected, not the cause here.
  8. Evernote is telling me that I have uploaded way more than I actually have. After my monthly allotment reset, I have uploaded notes totaling about 1.3 MB. I know this by adding the totals that appear in the Note list. But when I click "Usage", Evernote says that I have uploaded over 16 MB. Any ideas what is wrong? Screenshots attached.
  9. I just tried using Notepad++, and got the same problem.
  10. Thank you, Jefito. I did not know about the "current context" choice. That does allow me to do what I wanted. I still think that it is more awkward than the behavior I described in my original post, though. It requires an additional step. And then your choice of "current context" stays selected even though it is no longer visible. Also if you start with a search term, and then later decide to limit it by tag, you have to start over.
  11. Here is my suggestion for a better way to search a subset of notes. (I expected Evernote to work this way, and was surprised when it did not.) Scenario 1: 1. Select a tag. (The note list is reduced to notes containing that tag.) 2. Type in a search term. What I expected is to now have just the notes with my selected tag AND the search term, but Evernote forgets about the tag and searches all notes. Scenario 2: 1. Type in a search term. (The note list is reduced to notes containing that search term.) 2. Select a tag. Again, what I expected is to now have just the notes with my selected tag AND the search term, but Evernote forgets about the search term and just shows all notes with the tag. I suggest that the behavior I expected is more intuitive. And it also easier than using the textual search syntax that Evernote provides, and that most people probably don't know about anyway. Thank you for listening.
×
×
  • Create New...