I live in the mountains with fairly frequent power outages and slow internet. I have updated to the latest EN version but find I can no longer access EN on my PC during a power outage or slow internet times that are happening especially often with all the Covid traffic. The program files on my computer used to have an EN folder. I find it not longer has anything in it. Does this mean I can only access EN when I have an internet connection?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, annedunham said:

Does this mean I can only access EN when I have an internet connection?

The app does maintain an offline database   
There's a setting in Evernote > Preferences to enable/disable   
Allow sufficient time for the offline download

>>The program files on my computer used to have an EN folder. I find it not longer has anything in it

Evernote/Legacy stores the local database in a .exb file   (Windows)    
Version 10 uses a different set of folders  see 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, annedunham said:

I live in the mountains with fairly frequent power outages and slow internet. I have updated to the latest EN version but find I can no longer access EN on my PC during a power outage or slow internet times that are happening especially often with all the Covid traffic. The program files on my computer used to have an EN folder. I find it not longer has anything in it. Does this mean I can only access EN when I have an internet connection?

I would go back to legendary EN until the new stuff gets sorted, particularly if your Internet connection is spotty.

Have the latest release of Evernote on Win 10. In the app, there is no preferences, so where do I find that? Did a search for *.exb. Can't find it searching C:. Looked inside C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Evernote. No *.exb files there. So where is this stuff on EN 10.6.9?

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Terp66 said:

No *.exb files there. So where is this stuff on EN 10.6.9?

Version 10 doesn't use a .exb file
The offline data is stored in folder/files within the  C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Evernote folder

12 hours ago, Terp66 said:

OK. Where from here? 

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Evernote\resource-cache\UserXXXXXX
The folders in here contain attachments and an identifier.  A file with no extension (that is the attachment file) and a file with a .mime extension - the mime file is telling evernote what the file is - so if you open the MIME file with a basic text editor (notepad for example) you might see application/pdf  or image/jpeg for example. If you add the extension to a copy the file without the extension you can open the file on your computer.

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Evernote\conduit-storage\https%3A%2F%2Fwww.evernote.com.
There are SQL files in here

Thanks to @ej8899 for the original detective work. This is a summary of his findings. The full post is here:

• Evernote Expert
On 1/29/2021 at 5:16 PM, Terp66 said:

In the app, there is no preferences, so where do I find that?

The preferences are spread around the various menus. For example, "Show note counts in sidebar" is in the view menu. There are two specific Preferences under Preferences in the Tools menu.  But the options for setting preferences are very limited.

14 hours ago, Terp66 said:

OK. Where from here? 

I'm not sure where you are heading. As others have noted, there is no single file or folder that holds the Evernote data.  Your primary backup is in the cloud. The usxual reason for folk searching for the .exb file is hte desire to copy everything for backup.  If so the best you can do with EN v10 would be to backup the two folders

%AppData%\Evernote

%LocalAppData%\Programs\Evernote

But since I'm not sure if that's what you are trying to achieve this may not be the answer you are seeking. To backup notebooks you can use the export option inside the program.

• 2 months later...

Hi thank you for this, I'm also trying to work out where the files containing my actual notes are stored on my computer. The reply from Mike P was very helpful, I've also finally found my way to some .mime files...

However I'm not quite clear - are the .mime files where my actual notes are being stored?? Thank you!

5 minutes ago, LucyWW said:

However I'm not quite clear - are the .mime files where my actual notes are being stored?? Thank you!

In each sub folder there is a mime file and one or more files with no extension. The mime file tells you what the extension should be. If you copy the file with no extension somewhere else (so as not to mess up your data in EN) and add the correct extension, you should then be able to open the file with the default applicatiuon for that file type.

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, LucyWW said:

are the .mime files where my actual notes are being stored?

You're looking at the folder where note attachment files are stored; a separate folder for each note

The "actual notes" are stored in enml format (basically hrml)    
In Evernote Legacy, "actual notes" are stored in a single .exb file (SQLite database)
In Evernote v10 "actual notes" are stored in a single .sql file

• Like 1