v10.0.4 has been released

PinkElephant

Idea

• Level 5

Hello, EVERNOTE, anybody at home ?

In the AppStore (Germany) I have now EN for iOS as a new download, ver. 10.0.4 .

There is again no changelog, and the text in the version notes is the same as in the app description: Hello guys, here comes the sun - but what we would like to know is how long it will continue to rain ?!

So I ask it here: What is new in EN for iOS 10.0.4. ??? What got fixed, what’s added from the missing functions, any surprises ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 replies to this idea

• Level 5

If it gets released, I expect the change log in the AppStore - SUBITO !

There is a field where change notes should be posted when a new release is placed. Other apps do it (some to a more, some to a lesser extend).

But if I had released such a buggy, incomplete version as EN 10 is on ALL operating platforms, I would make dead sure that my customers know with each bloody release what I was able to fix, and what I was able to deliver.

NOT only here in the forum, because of all the users, only a small fraction shows up here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s great they are working so hard to resolve the issues. Yes, there are features missing we want, yes the app didn’t launch as stable as it should have but it’s clear they are trying and I’m thankful for that. 

• Like 3
  • Sketch resolution has improved (but you still have to turn off Scribble for Apple Pencil).
  • Stack can appear on sidebar (used to be empty). Still empty if there are more than stacks.

To be updated.

• Level 5
58 minutes ago, wbutchart said:

It’s great they are working so hard to resolve the issues. Yes, there are features missing we want, yes the app didn’t launch as stable as it should have but it’s clear they are trying and I’m thankful for that. 

OK, they work hard and fix things. Accepted, and I would not want to be working coding EN stuff at the moment.

My questions goes more to management than „the little guy“: 

Why releasing just now - why not a few weeks later, when things could have been fixed before we all have to deal with them ?

Where is the timeline for missing key functions ? We are currently not able to print a note, or convert it into a pdf, the share function is broken, as is search in all content that was shared to me from others. This is just a short list, the real thing is much longer.

And instead of focus on fixing what was broken, there is ver. 10 for Mac and Windows now !  WTF - I am going to stay with legacy as long as possible. But it means for sure there is more to fix, and more to deliver,

Too much too fast can do as much harm as too little, too late.

• Like 2

I just updated to Evernote 10.4 on my iPhone 7 plus.  Sadly, nothing changed for me.  Mainly:  1) PRINT and 2) Find IN Note.

Not being able to use the standard PRINT command prevents me from making PDFs from my notes.

I thought I had a workaround for PRINT by copying to EDGE or using HP PRINT & that worked for a day or so.  Now, both EDGE & HP Print cut off most of the one page document when printing.  So, now I’m copying my Note into Word & so far successfully printing my needed Notes from Word but it’s a time consuming process.

I realize that because of my limited technical knowledge / understanding, my difficulties might be user error.  But I had a great working knowledge using Evernote BEFORE the 10 update.  So, I don’t know.  Not having Print & Find in Note makes Evernote pointless for me - and I have almost 12,000 notes with some of those notes being extremely important to me. Hopefully, eventually, my issues will be solved & I’ll be back to enjoying Evernote as much as I did before update 10.

ADDED:  I have an awesome Bill Pay Notebook in Evernote that I’ve been using for several years.  Each month I duplicate a self created template to keep track of paying my bills.  Each year I archive the 12 months of individual Bill Pay notes into a Notebook labeled with the year.  Find IN Note is very important for me in my Bill Pay Notes as Find In Note allows me to easily navigate to a particular bill without having to scroll through the entire document.  I hate to think I’ve lost this valuable Notebook / Notes. 

• Level 5
2 hours ago, stocky2605 said:

my first impression is it seems there are performance improvements

I agree. Opening the app is fast, and switching between notebooks when the app is open is very fast (at least on my iPhone 11 Pro Max).

This is a significant progress.

Have not tried on the iPad Air 2 of my wife yet.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Opening the app is fast, and switching between notebooks when the app is open is very fast (at least on my iPhone 11 Pro Max).

This is a significant progress.

Confirmed - just the same impression on iPad 2018 (with only 32 GB..). Much faster, big improvement regarding this

I took a punt and installed on one of my MACs- maybe it is my current internet connection but new version seems incredibly slow at loading notes compared to v7.

Question- How do I export all notes to an enex file?

Previously I selected all notes then export .

New version seems to only allow you to select a max of 50 notes! 

So question re v 10 how do you do a full back up/export?

• Level 5

Have not tried, but it seems there is an export by notebook.

This is anyhow better than „all notes“, because the notebook information is not exported. When exporting all notes, and reimporting, there is just a heap of notes, not neatly in the notebook structure. This has nothing to do with EN 10, it was like that before as well.

• Level 5
12 hours ago, stocky2605 said:

my first impression is it seems there are performance improvements

Just tried it on our Air 2 as well.

Now, it is not as fast as on the iPhone 11 or the iPad Pro 10.5, but ist works. Did not run a full test, just some basics.